High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Maybe in the next expansion, as we venture inte new continent as new expansions always have us doing and in one of the zones find a group or faction of High Elves that left Quel’thalas long ago or was separated from the main group during the voyage to the Eastern Kingdoms, or even a small subset that decided to follow ley lines and got lost until finding the continent/islands.

I still would prefer Blizzard to just base the High Elf Allied Race out of the already existing Alliance High Elves that we know and are familiar with anyway.

8 Likes

No need to make up new groups of High Elves.

Or new continents for that matter. Update the ones we already have, dangit.

10 Likes

Agree, just thinking on that idea.

6 Likes

I don’t know that, other than in the pen and paper rpg, an Elves age / how old they need to be to be a productive member of society is listed.

Tarenar Sunstrike is pretty young though… and talks about sneaking off to train in the Ghostlands in his youth. The Ghostlands haven’t been around that long.

6 Likes

There are some named survivors from Quel’lithien in the Eastern Plaguelands and there’s also Kriss Goldenlight, possible to assume a number of them left the Lodge before the events and maybe joined the Alliance or the Argent Crusade.
It make sense as those are the same High Elves who left Quel’thalas previously because they didn’t agreed on the usage of Fel and draining creatures as that could corrupt the race, and it’s possible to believe that they left Quel’lithien because of a similar fear of corruption.

6 Likes

Well, the Encyclopedia says that the High Elves begin to join the Alliance…

Those High Elves have to come from somewhere.

There are, of course, the Mages and Priests that were Warcraft III units. But they don’t have to join the Alliance. They’re already part of the Alliance.

I’d like some closure on whether the evacuated Dalaran Elves ended up with Kael’thas in the Dalaran prisons.

I can’t imagine it happened that way, based on the High Elf citizens walking around Dalaran. But it would be nice if there was a source that said it directly.

But, the retcon only covered all the Dalaran citizens not being dead. Just like they retconned all of the Blood Elves in Quel’thalas not being dead.

7 Likes

Well when a Mommy High Elf and Human Daddy love each other very, very, much…

4 Likes

She looks like Tauriel. A wood elf

8 Likes

My headcanon is that Quel’lithien was maintained by exiled elves to help any future exiles travel the Plaguelands and reach safer areas in Hinterlands and Dalaran (while it was still under the bubble), where they could settle or, if they so wished, travel further south into Alliance lands.

6 Likes

Well, yeah, that’d be ideal, but realistically we’re more likely to get new zones over revamped ones, based on history.

6 Likes

Yeah. That’s what I meant.

The Mommy and Daddy High Elves had to come from somewhere.

8 Likes

The local stop and shop, pick up your high elf today for only 29.99.

What’s with this new guy trying to stop discussion?

He’s not, he just had a bit of miscommunication that has been cleared up.

Are you sure? Every conversation he’s gotten into so far ends with him telling the other party to stop posting and calling them a troll

Absolutely. We cleared it up earlier, A-Ok. No more issues.

If Warfronts ever get resolved, there’ll be some glimmer of hope…

6 Likes

As to hidden Elves there is Galhara a Great Night Elven city some distance away, on the opposing side of the Well of Eternity, from Zin-Azshari The city had hundreds of emerald crystals lining its boundaries. Among other things, these crystals in conjunction with each other could defend against magical attacks. It is unknown what happened to the city after the Great Sundering.
Those Night Elves could have easily gone through a simular change to that of the High Elves having lost a connection to the Well of Eternity but never having had a Sunwell, yet still be “High Elves” in a sense. Or some other flavor of Elf that is not Blood Elf or Void Elf.

8 Likes

Why would they be?

That’s like getting an answer has to who won Warsong Gultch canonically.
It’s there for gameplay reasons only.

6 Likes

In blizzcon they said they may change the real world to whoever won the warfront more

1 Like