High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

They have to be on both factions though, or you run into Vanilla WoW problems.

But you know, obviously Trolls and Void Elves could both be shadow hunters, etc.

6 Likes

Agreed. They had something close to a tidecaller in Zandalar if I remember correctly.

5 Likes

I’m sure it’s still by the echo isles. Whenever they jump it has some sort of unforseen consequences (like gnomes getting stuck in walls)

6 Likes

It’s “dead”, and in the laziest way possible. Just empty intact buildings even with the lights still on.

It got better.

1 Like

I wish. :frowning_face:

7 Likes

It’s “mostly dead”. :joy:

Nah it would have been more effort if they actually destroyed it, but they didn’t make an effort.

Meanwhile Genn’s still whining about how his crap got wrecked and we’re all like “dude just go back inside. that loaf you put in the oven back before Cata is still there and still warm”

When you wish upon a star…

1 Like

Just add a new section to Dalaran with some doorway that only High Elves can access, kind of like the rogue order hall but not in the sewers.

7 Likes

They were originally going to make it a BG, but couldn’t get it to be fun apparently. So they scrapped it, and just kinda left it.

6 Likes

But which Dalaran? Northrend? Broken Isles? Wherever it goes next expansion?

7 Likes

Probably Broken Isles one since it is the most current.

Or land the city back in Hillsbrad :slight_smile:.

8 Likes

If we go with Dalaran, this one has my vote.

12 Likes

It would be pretty epic seeing it back in place!

8 Likes

I also really like the built up Quel’Danil from the Legacy of Quel’Thalas tumblr.

20 Likes

That doesn’t look half bad actually. A fitting home for some high elves.

6 Likes

No…that…that wouldn’t cause it to an IP issue. The IP issue is the having said private server. Any modifications are completely irrelevant to it entirely.
Secondly, you’re asking something tricky with an outdated system.
Istaria was eventually given up by the developers to the community, but even with their coding some things are just hard coded into the game’s architecture.

Look at league of legends, they had to plans for YEARS to completely revamp the game AND ensure everyone kept their stuff.

But how am I spose to jump out of pipes if the city lands again? What about the floaty rock portal for DH?

Well it can be like the other Allied Race hubs.

The door can be locked and it can have a portal to Stormwind.

7 Likes

I mean there’s still a Dalaran in crystalsong forest.

5 Likes