High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Support from me and screw those who think the report button is a dislike button

17 Likes

The helfers here should listen to you.

No matter what side of the argument you’re on, you gotta admit, these threads constantly breaking the forums through sheer volume of posts is something pretty spectacular

(I’m still pro HElf because every anti HElf thing applies to VElves more and I still hate VElves)

20 Likes

I wonder how many of these threads we need to break before blizzard gets the picture? Anyway i would love to play a high elf so consider me signed again.

21 Likes

There is no proof where the majority or minority lies. Theres no proof that more people dont want High Elves.

Pandaren say hi. Its fine. They have red health bars if they are on the opposite team.

Void Elves say hi. People have done research and I think they have loosely calculated that there are more High Elves than Void Elves. Its fine.

18 Likes

It’s just the same people spamming each thread again and again. Blizzard is just placating the vocal minority.

The Alliance already got a faction of high elves as a playable race. The void elves are high elves. Otherwise, they aren’t going to add the same race as a separate race to the Alliance. There is no cultural or visual distinction between blood elves and those choosing to continue to call themselves high elves. All of the allied races have at least some visual distinction and cultural backstory that makes them clearly distinct, and the allied races that are close to physically similar to another race (highmountain, lightforged) are on the same faction as their duplicates so it’s not a big deal.

At this point both sides have an equal number of elf classes, and even a class that can only be an elf. We’ve reached peak elf saturation.

7 Likes

This.

if we don’t feed them they will go away.

This.

It’s freaken ridiculous.

25 Likes

Damn that is the biggest bait I have ever seen!

12 Likes

Hi uncle Hazzikostas.

Count me in as a massive supporter of High Elves as the next Alliance playable race.

Haters will hate! Like the dude typing at this moment :rofl:

18 Likes

Who said Pandaren aren’t a problem? It never made sense for them to join the horde. Luckily there’s only one panda race and they pretty much died out after MoP, and have always been kind of a joke race. I wouldn’t use pandas as an example of how to do anything right though.

2 Likes

Bookmarked yet again. Thanks again Casmir! :elf:

14 Likes

You said it would be confusing for game play. I dunno how hard it is for you to see an enemy in PvP, but I’ve never had difficulty finding a Pandaren that was the enemy vs. a Pandaren on my team. For one… It won’t let you attack a player on your team. :rofl:

19 Likes

It can still be a critical mistake in a pvp situation to spend time determining a characters faction based on non obvious visual cues. But as I said, it’s kind of a moot point as allied races, which is the umbrella under which people want high elves to fall under, has set a different precedent, and the pandas are a single race, wheras with elves we already have six races counting the demon hunters as their own faction.

For who? You? Cause like I said, I have never ever mistaken a Pandaren on my side as an enemy. Their nameplates look different and you can’t even attack them.

It’s a bad argument. Sorry.

16 Likes

There you go and you are welcome.

18 Likes

One of the core tenants of user experience design is never underestimate the stupidity of your users. So yeah, people do get confused by stuff like that and worse all the time. I myself am one of these low IQ people that gets put off in a BG when a pandas barrels into my group and I have to click on it to see if I can DOT it when I could be doing something else.

But you neatly side stepped the fact that I said it was a moot point, and presented my primary rebuttal, which is that there are six races of elves you can choose from, so there is a saturation problem that does not exist with pandas, and that allied races seem to be following a different trend than what we say with MoP.

Don’t let the helfer’s hate keep you from posting your views.

2 Likes

Please don’t spam the same video twice in the same thread. I’m not going to engage trolling if I can avoid it. That video missed several of the points I’ve already brought up including minimal visual distinction of allied races only occurs on same faction and we’ve reached a large number of elf races already, and void elves are already a splinter group of the high elves on the alliance filling the role you want high elves to fill.

2 Likes

Ok lets address this as well then since I “side stepped it” then I will go back to my original point.

I wasn’t aware there was some hidden cap for allied races or a type of race in the game. Please let me know where you got this information.

That’s really sad that you would admit that, but I think you are full of bologna.

Bad argument is bad so I won’t continue arguing with bad.

14 Likes

I timestamped the part about population since you keep bringing up that argument since its been debunked several times.

19 Likes