High Elf Allied Race Megathread (Continuation)

Well if Horde humans, I’ll just go with the Defias for the hell of it, were ignoble and didn’t worship the light, there wouldn’t be any male human paladins on the Horde. That’d maintain Alliance faction identity pretty well lol

They’d be a good chance to use the thin human model too, for what it’s worth

No Curemaster it’s ok, his dad works for Blizzard.

Probably explains all the calls to authority he believes he has.

3 Likes

“Humans would never fit the Horde!”

6 Likes

A grown up Dark Iron Dwarf?

1 Like

Sorry for the late late late reply, but my point is that whatever happened in the other games is kind of pointless now. WoW is continuing the story, and every High Elf still has blue eyes. Alleria has her own unique model, with blue eyes. Lor’themar has his own unique model, with a green eye. I just don’t see why they’d bother with that aspect of the models if they didn’t want that to be the case.

I also am sorta changing my mind on the subject of Blood Elves getting blue eyes even if Helves get a model update. Blue is a big alliance color, and them having blue eyes just fits so well. They have a strong connection to the alliance, and their attitude towards Blood Elves show this. I like blue being a high-elf only color :wink:

2 Likes

I mean, it is a fact that one of the defining factors of maintaining success is to not violate what your player has established.
Everquest 2 violated this rule, and they died as a result.

Breaking the faction boundary tells people who have invested their time in the game that it is meaningless. Their choice to be an ugly troll is meaningless because the faction whose story you have watched, and the players whom you have killed could have just as easily been friends instead of the rivals you were forced to have, all due to your choice.

So you violate it, and people will simply desire to leave.
One game in which this occurred was in RIFT, to make up for the lack of players, and it only continued to bleed players because the factions held even less meaning than they already did. For a game as long established as WoW? Not a wise idea. It is why they are conservative, because people don’t like change and that is basic psychology.

Look, let’s not pretend people are stupid.
A human on the Horde is a human on the Horde no matter if you make them skinny, fat, or muscular. If you try to pretend as if such an aesthetic would fool the player, you’re insulting their intelligence.

Cool, we’re going to be facetious?
Well, then you don’t need high elves to be playable because void elves are high elves just blue..

It would certainly be good, and while I would play it, I also have an understanding such a thing would kill WoW.
It does not need to be engaging in the antics of RIFT and ESO. Such things are done out of desperation not out of necessity. Making player choice matter and making faction distinction matter enhance your success. Players want their choices to matter.

I simply have actual experience and education to draw from where I can make such statements.
Where as, the most you can do is toss out insults in a futile attempt to get under people’s skin Kizzan.
By the way, why are you paying for two accounts? Do you multi-box possibly?

4 Likes

I only intended for the delivery the facetious, the underlying sentiment is something I wholeheartedly believe – because Blizzard botched their own delineation by adding Blood Elves (and, later, Nightborne) to the Horde, it is perfectly reasonable to request that a couple of different varieties of troll be introduced to the Alliance.

As far as your provided counter-arguments, for each grouping of trolls that I listed as candidates for joining the Alliance, few of them stand up to even a light scrutiny.

1. The resident Dark Troll in Dazar’alor, Speaker Ik’nal, states that the Shadowtooth Clan was wiped out – not that the Dark Trolls are extinct. That, combined with the fact that the Zandalari have elected to keep one of the Dark Trolls around as a momento of the past, could easily be understood to mean that the Shadowtooth Clan disappeared, while Dark Trolls continue to exist disparately.

2. At least in the RPG, which while non-canon most certainly informs the progression path of numerous individuals/groups, the Dark Trolls are basically Night Elves that weren’t close enough to experience physiological alteration by the Well of Eternity – with purple skin, yellow eyes, nocturnal lifestyle, and the worship of a pantheon which has been postulated to include many of the animals that are today venerated by Night Elves (i.e. owls, bears, nightsabers, etc.).

The BE’s were mortal enemies with almost every one of the races on the original Horde, and that didn’t stop Blizzard from shoehorning them into that faction – just an observation. :man_shrugging:

Oh, followers of an Old God, you say? If only there had been other playable races who, prior to their introduction into World of Warcraft, had questionable loyalties or motivations…

Oh, wait…

• Forsaken
  • Blood Elves
  • Goblins
  • Worgen
  • Void Elves
  • Dark Iron Dwarves
  • Zandalari
  • Mag’har Orcs
9 Likes

Lol What you call insults i see as observations of your actions, and your experience and education are duly noted and disregarded, as they amount to no more than an opinion when it comes to how much bias you have for the topic at hand.

How about you hop back on that High Horse when you start working for Blizzard, in the mean time, we’ll keep requesting High Elves.

Imagine invoking your education and basing all your statements on hypotheticals as to how you believe High Elves will affect the game, Broflake, ladies and gentlemen.

5 Likes

Another nice post from reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/djitxr/they_had_so_much_potential/

:joy:

11 Likes
  1. We are not asking for void elves, we want high elves.
  2. Void elves also break your argument against “same race on both factions”. They prove what I said point by point.
  3. Pandaren already exist.
7 Likes

Imagine still believing this 10 years on.

4 Likes

But it’s entirely true. Elves from Quel’thalas are an Alliance race. The entire point of Blood Elves is to be able to play a traditionally Alliance race as part of the Horde in order to artificially boost the monster faction’s numbers.

7 Likes

I don’t think many people were even asking for those gnomes, either. I mean at least they could wear armor, but that’s also a plus that the mechagnomes bring. Now races aren’t restricted on whether or not they can wear stuff

Let’s be real… EverQuest died out because World of Warcraft had become very popular very quickly. Not because of this silly argument.

As for Rift, I used to play that as well. To be honest, the games wasn’t that great over all and it wasn’t very user friendly in my own personal opinion. Not to mention, WoW was still very popular during the time Rift had been release… being in the age of Cataclysm to Mists.

It’s as I said before. You’re using argument that are unfounded and driven by fear.

I mean they’re not. Their themes are all Horde themes.

I’m sorry, what I read suggested that was the crux of what that paragraph’s message was. I try to keep quotes short and to the point to avoid unnecessary reading for anyone who reads it. The sentence proceeding what I quoted strongly suggested you believed what you’re saying. You know, because it said you believed what you were saying.

If I was wrong in my understanding of what you posted feel free to correct me.

Real talk, this isn’t okay. I’m not even joking, I’m considering flagging you for this and I never flag. This is actually offensive.

5 Likes

Yeah, but it still shows that clear difference between bringing something really unique, new, interesting, polished, and well made, instead of just… you know… gar… I must stop.

Let’s go back to High Elves.

1 Like

The problem is how do you break the current establishment while ensuring both sides feel sufficiently served?
Let us entertain the notion of giving the alliance trolls, then what would the alliance have to give in exchange to make it equivalent?
I vote Worgen.

To my current knowledge, the only tribe of darktrolls left (as they were the original night elves so to speak), was that of the shadowtooth and they were wiped out shortly after. So I am unsure where they could pull more Dark trolls from.

To be fair, the majority of the horde was changed fgoing from WC2 into WC3, and the blood elves have established themselves as savvy enough to understand the changing of groups.
Hence why the darkspear instead of amani.
The orcs being lead by thrall.
Forsaken by Sylvanas, a former hero of their own.
So on and so forth. Blizzrd did at least set the groundwork to justify BE working with the Horde.

Yeah, except for the fact that
Blood trolls are trolls dedicated to the worship of G’huun and blood magic. Unlike the DID and every other race, their origins have them 100% dedicated to G’huun.
They are unlike every other race who has done questionable things but were for all intents and purposes, “good” in some way.

Quit being facetious

2 Likes

Pardon the attitude man.

You do realize I was referring to your logic yes? How is it that, when confronted with your own logic, you insist on re-affirming your weak stance?

1. No connection to sunwell
  2. Tentacles for hair

They’re certainly not high elves anymore.

Introduced as neutral from the beginning and were not a pre-established race for years. Good try.

So…implying my father is someone who works at Blizzard is an observation? That does not make sense in any language.

Prove my bias.

Ion: “If you want to play a blonde, fair skinned elf, the Horde is waiting for you.”.
I don’t need to work for Blizzard, they’ve already stated their stance. Of course, you’re not someone who cares who says it, so don’t pretend as if you do bud.

I am sorry I am intimidating you.,

I like the first idea more. Looks neater, but they are titan constructs who are neutral aren’t they?

2 Likes

They’re not actually.

Horde themes are spikes and bones and wolves and stitched leather, only reason you think it’s a theme of the Horde is only because they’re IN the Horde, but the true Horde theme is as stated above.

There’s a reason Blood Elves have had little to no major role in the Horde since TBC.

The offender is offended, this is new. :mag:

6 Likes