Hide my name option here on forums like in overwatch2

Except the forum software, discourse, treats our characters as separate accounts, meaning if someone knows the fact that I’m ignoring them, they can jump on an alt and force themself on to me to continue talking with me when I have no interest into them.

There is a reason why tags or account wide ignore for the forums is being asked for.

You can say “ignore them again” all you want but it doesn’t delete the fact that being able to swap to a character on this site to get around an ignore is unintended.

5 Likes

So forum harassment on here is wildly bad? I haven’t seen a single person outside the few dozen of you who claim people are harassing others but I don’t see it anywhere. It’s the same regular posters. So you’re either making this up or this is all grossly exaggerated and I’ma take both for 400, Alex.

2 Likes

Yes.

I’m happy for you.

1 Like

The OP of this thread literally told me that being told to off myself is an opinion and that I’m rude for trying to ignore that person.

No, the forums aren’t that wild… unless you add anonymous posting like the OP is requesting. It will get WORSE. Much, much worse.

I tried to explain this, with proof, about how anonymous posting has led to me being harassed and a few of my friends being harassed on other sites and I got called a liar.

Not to mention when someone lied and said I threatened them in game when I’ve never even spoken to them in game.

All this because I didn’t agree that anonymous posting is the way.

Not to mention how people switch alts to further their own argument, pretending to be different people and lying even when they get confronted with proof.

So, you tell me - are people on the forums toxic?

5 Likes

like in all honesty, not really. in the 4 yrs ive been here id say tsquad was the worse case bc of the lgbt bait spam. youll get the occasional weekday troll post to your common sunday troll posts but its not too bad but it can be a bit much sometimes but thats any active forum.

tbh i think the whole btag/acc thing is the most heated discussion atm lol

4 Likes

it really isn’t. honestly

Thank you for such words. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Also not to mention, talking with themselves, which is pretty pathetic.

The threads where egregious trolling and harassment take place, all get 404d, so unless people are taking screenshots, there isn’t going to be proof floating around.

4 Likes

Honestly, that’s what people should do, as well throw them up on Twitter or Facebook or etc.

People tend to lie and make up stories out of thin air. I doubt anything happened at all with your story to be honest. That’s my personal opinion.

And hide my name funcion have nothing to do with your personal story.

Everyone can have an opinion, but that doesn’t automatically make yours a good one.

2 Likes

So you want to place posters on Twitter so people can harass them? Yeah, we see your true intentions clear as day.

1 Like

No, to archive what they’ve said.

…How do you even harass somebody on another platform? You don’t know what the term “Harrassment” is. You’re just saying it like it’s a buzzword.

Protecting people from harm is bad for you? Why you’re fine with people telling others to unalive themselves?

1 Like

the folks who talk to themselves and it’s very obvious when that occurs here
your not doing yourself any favors

6 Likes

And I doubt you actually feel unsafe here and want anon posting just to be safe and feel confident. That’s my personal opinion.

4 Likes

I may or may not made a new thread wanting to promote actual positivity and getting rid of the harm by wanting Btags. :zipper_mouth_face:

#Btags4Forums.

1 Like

This is a public forum. You do not need to be signed in to read anything that gets posted.

If you don’t want people to comment on something you have to say, ask yourself if it’s really necessary for that thing to be said in the 1st place.

3 Likes

You got way too much time on your hands if you want to harass users here by blasting them on Twitter because they don’t want a forum option. This is so comical.

90% of the screenshots of the forums I see on twitter are someone saying something so completely stupid, nonsensical, or not grounded in reality, and then getting the roasting they so justly deserve.

Most of the others are trying to tweet posts of someone harassing them at Blizzard_CS to try and get them to get rid of it faster.

Is that really a thing many people do? I thought it was like, the one guy lol