Hidden Profiles on the Forum. Why do you do it?

We’re having discussions in entirely different contexts. Obviously, everyone on the forums is a gamer who plays WoW. All of that goes without saying, so a statement like, “Gaming is mainstream” has no meaning in a discussion regarding how we choose to play the game. When I say “mainstream activities,” I mean raiding and PvP.

^^^ This is the key. I have no control over what things other forum posters or Blizzard do. Somethings I like, somethings I don’t. I have agency in my own life about what I do and who I associate with. Especially in an online game.

I don’t hide my profile because it isn’t worth it. To me. I don’t really play this char much anymore, but my post history, such as it is, is associated with this char. So it is the one I use 99% of the time on the forums.

Some times when asking questions or commenting I’ll post a link to a char that has or is doing the content in question to save people the trouble of searching through my alts…

OP…i hide my profile because i am a hypocrite

Also i am spineless coward

Thats why

Also I lie alot

1 Like

“I disagree. I like you.”
/smile

2 Likes

Hehehe…just validating many peoples mentality regarding hidden profiles :face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

“Oh, I totally get it.”
/giggle
/grin

2 Likes
4 Likes

“Yeah. The only time I click on a Profile, is to see what they are wearing. I love looking at Transmogs.”
/grin

5 Likes

Which has no meaning within the context of the game as a whole. Anything within the game can be classified as “mainstream” considering individual players all engage with every aspect of the game.

1 Like

With 28085 Achievements! No way. I love looking at the Achievements people have earned over the years.

However, the only time I check people’s profiles is to see if trolls are logging on Alts and liking their own posts! :smiley:

because you said that i decide to look :smiley: nosey cow ay and i can see your stuff, it was a quick look i admit but just letting ya know can still see and wow you got good gears :smiley:

Dat be dissing us true Trolls mon! None of us got time for dat jazz…

2 Likes

I just assume everyone who hides their profile does so in bad faith, same with character specific achievements.

I know that that shouldn’t always be the case, but if I’m putting money on it, I’d put a hidden profile being a bad actor over a genuine reason and come out on top almost every damn time.

2 Likes

Idk if thats the default setting i see no reason to change it, i know ow 2 it is but idk about here :thinking:

:dizzy: :rabbit:

It’s not. You have to purposefully set it to hidden, every time, even when you switch avatars.

Not everyone that hides their post history is a Forum Troll…

But every Forum Troll hides their post history…

2 Likes

The true big brain troll move is to troll but leave their profile open

2 Likes

Very few trolls could be described as “big brain”…

1 Like

I don’t believe that, either. I’ll meet you halfway and say “most”. But, I don’t think “all” of them do.

1 Like

My post history is out and about and quite stout.