Hi Fieldarmy here

Its pretty vast my guy. Just use RUIN Gaming as an example, 90% of their Isle of Conquest games ended in them controlling the map and camping the Horde for up to an hour at the beach using Siege Engines and Demolishers. It was only achievable too because they were a premade lol. They all collectively agreed on a strategy before the game started and even went as far as having specific team composition in some cases, i.e having a certain amount of tanks and a set amount of healers, something that a pug can’t do.

I’m not saying it’s impossible for pugs to win, but the likelihood of a pug winning vs a premade is rare. The point I’m making is a synced premade has the advantage over pugs, and it’s one of those things that just shouldn’t really be there.

Why should there be any advantage that someone can’t control? I can’t imagine how that would be a fun experience for someone new to PvP.

Feels like you’re trying to deflect in some way. The sheer amount of players complaining about synced premades I would say are people thinking collectively. It’s something players feel is an issue and therefore go on the forums to voice their concerns.

5 Likes

3 Likes

I’d even go as far to say 3 dozen.

1 Like

Remember less than an hour ago when I posted

and you said

But now we’re to the point of being able to admit when being assumptive! I feel its a big step and worth being thankful for. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving in the US. Google Thanksgiving for more information.

I don’t think it did in any capacity, because of reasons ALSO previously mentioned. I can see any interaction with you probably ends up like this. Does it hit close to home reading “having short-term memory is a lost long-term memory”?

Also scrolled up to see both the DK and the belf Hunter previously in this thread BEFORE the necro.

now applies to more than the evildoing necro’er

No no no, you’re getting two things mixed up here, i can see why though. I was saying its NOT an assumption that the people i was speaking about were degenerates. I wasnt saying that me thinking you were part of them wasnt an assumption.

These were two different assumptions. Nice try though.

Thank you for clarifying it was a thanksgiving joke.

We’ll just agree to disagree.

Sorry, what were we talking about?

Not a vast advantage?

Premade raiders have a ~95% win rate. They could probably push that even closer to 100% if they seriously focused on winning every single game and avoiding other premade raids.

1 Like

too late i saw that :wink:

While it may be an assumption to say someone is in a premade community because they only want the advantage and not because they enjoy playing with friends, what isn’t an assumption is that synced premades have an advantage over a pug.

That is fact. Synced premades have an advantage over pugs. As stated before, regardless of your reason for being in a synced premade, you’re still benefitting from being in a synced premade. You’re likely going to win. Just refer back up to what I said there:

1 Like

fail2quote after changing my mind on what I wanted to be cheeky about

I figured, I just had an opportunity to poke fun, and i took it

1 Like

I already addressed that.

RUIN Gaming character names are quite known at this point. Therefore, you need to include relevant points like opposing team immediate give up on sight, someone in instance chat claiming the other side is a premade (whether you know that or not) and the give up from that…this is what I mean by disadvantage introduced by the PUGs versus the advantage introduced by the premade. Effort and communication (be that verbal or typed) are bigger factors than both. I’m sure you’re itching to snap back that vocal communication is wayyyyy better than typed, and yes I agree with that as well. But it’s not required to win.

Perhaps my experience doing all forms of content in WoW with hearing impaired players skews my perspective on that. Or, maybe its proof that it takes just a little more than you’re doing now? I don’t have a crazy high word-per-minute typing score. It’s not hard.

My short-term memory comment is already biting me in the Kul Tiran booty…forgot my expertly crafted quip to something above :frowning:

1 Like

It’s alright, I actually do have an abysmal short term memory, so at the very least your quip was accurate.

I mean sure we can bring those points up but either way it’s not helping your argument. Yes, some players will go, “it’s a premade, just give up.” that’s a given. People feel like it’s hopeless as a pug group to fight vs a premade. That’s the mentality, and it’s a mentality that’s not shared with people who are in a premade, so that’s another advantage you guys have over a pug. I know that this is a disadvantage “introduced” by PUGs, but it’s still a disadvantage regardless.

It’s not impossible to convince a pug group to try, but 9/10 they’re going to give up after the first team fight if it doesn’t go in their favor. I wasn’t really going to even talk about vocal communication vs typed, its obvious vocal is better than typed. I also know that not every synced premade uses voice anyway.

I don’t know how this is at all helping your argument though. My point is that synced premades have an advantage over pugs and that it is of my opinion, as well as many others, that an advantage such as that shouldn’t exist. It’s not something anyone can control besides the group doing the premading.

2 Likes

I mean there are a lot of advantages someone cant control like blizzard overtuning dh

2 Likes

Yeah, and Blizzard responds to that by throwing out nerfs :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s what people want them to do about preamdes, just do something about them.

You say, “The sky is falling”
I say, “Maybe that’s little dramatic…let’s calm down and look at this closer”

Again, I stated there is an advantage. My opinion of that is the advantage is nowhere near as extreme as “you guys” make it out to be. My opinion is those with dissenting opinion about premades choose to do nothing to improve their experience. Just posting diary entries on the BG forums hasn’t proven to be very effective. Trying to restrict other players to fit your desires hasn’t proven very effective. I’m wondering, if maybe you got out of the premade hate tunnel and focused on things you CAN change (like your effort, your communication, your skill, etc) would you have a better time? Would a premade affect you so much?

Just because some claim the sky is falling, it’s not actually falling.

I’ll add that in another thread some player claimed to have been making anti-premade posts for like 17-18 years. Maybe increasing the timeline will allow you to see how big of a time waste it is. Don’t let it ruin the time waste you pay a monthly fee for.

What exactly do you mean by “as extreme”? Everything I’ve listed out isn’t being portrayed as an extremity, it’s the reality. Premades can control their group composition (classes/roles), can better plan and execute strategies over pugs, and have better consistency in performance. Most of these advantages are simply because there’s a sense of familiarity and it’s because you’re playing with the same group of players. This familiarity leads to better synergy. This isn’t really achievable in a pug because its a random group of players. Pug players aren’t choosing to do nothing to improve their experience, there’s just not much they can do because it’s a group of random players.

Some group of players may be more cooperative than others, and in that scenario, sure, they can adopt a strategy to overcome a premade, however there’s also times where there will be uncooperative individuals who, as you said before, will be in the “give up” mentality vs. a premade. That’s not something anyone can control, its random, its 50/50. Premades don’t have that disadvantage.

It’s not about me having a better time. Going to be honest here, premade communities don’t affect me that much because I don’t do epic battlegrounds that often. I haven’t queued for an epic battleground in months. I’m speaking from an outside perspective, I see it how it is, it’s unfair. Is it wrong for me to call out something I see as unfair and want something to be done about it?

Yeah, I’m aware of how long this issue has been talked about and it has been addressed several times by Blizzard. Back in vanilla, you used to be able to queue as a raid group for battlegrounds. They then changed that after introducing rated battlegrounds. There were also addons like oQueue which circumvented around that restriction and made it automated for anyone who had that addon, allowing easier access for premades to sync into a battleground. Blizzard then broke that addon and addressed why they broke it, stating it wasn’t fair and was unsportsmanlike conduct. They have addressed it, albeit very slowly over the years.

Also again, it doesn’t really ruin my experience; it ruins other experiences though, specifically the pugs who have to deal with it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like