Hi can we get an update on character undelete pls

I would think if it was a known bug, there would be a different set of standards for having those characters restored, and those people should be opening tickets with Blizzard about it.

To be fair, they probably do. However;

They can’t actually do anything for you except provide a little bit of direction.

I think it’s generally more of a “won’t” thing than a “can’t” thing. With items or gold for example, they have the tools to restore them, they just don’t because of the precedent it would set. With known bugs, like I said, the standards should be different. But maybe I’m wrong and they really screwed the pooch and can’t restore any deleted characters right now.

It happened to me as well. Trying to delete & recreate a character I just made to “edit” some things I didn’t like. When I went to delete it, it somehow deleted a level 70 character I want, kind of like the character list jumped/scrolled and the wrong character is gone.

I also created a polite, respectful ticket, but no luck getting the character with all of it’s gold & bags & supplies back. After the thousands of guild bank items lost for 2 weeks, with no updates this feels really bad. It said the character undelete would only be unavailable for a few weeks during pre-patch.

Any updates would be nice, please.

If Blizz can’t figure it out in the code they can script it as a quick fix to move data from one table to another easily. SQL Engineers do it all the time from old schemas to new ones.
Come on Blizz a PowerShell function can do it and only take a couple hours to write.
Restore-Toon2WarBand -ToonName …

It’s wild how long this is taking and that they refuse to make any comments on why.

Anyone else not bought TWW yet because of not being able to use the character they want recovered?

Day 37: Any update on this Blizzard?

1 Like

this been down since tww prepatch 2 months ago! Stull no official word from blizzard if it ever going to be back sometime this year

1 Like

Yeah, this is a bit much. Undelete needs to come back as there is no excuse for this not to be restored. The coding department needs to hire some people, I guess. Easy fix. I have a mage I would like to restore. I tried to put in a ticket and no dice. Item restore is up, undelete should be as well.

2 Likes

I didn’t think it’d be a big deal initially, but after a month I’ve been surprised to find it is actually majorly impacting my decision to play right now!

It just doesn’t feel right to go frolick through Azeroth while one of my poor alts is languishing in accidentally deleted limbo. The warband isn’t whole!

Day 38: Any updates on this please?

1 Like

Willing to bet they make it a paid option

wouldn’t put it past Activi$ion

Microsoft owns Blizzard now. Activision sold them for 75.4 Billion in October last year.

it was actually 68.7 billion after a long lengthy legal battle to acquire them

So Micro$oft does the fleecing instead? Same crap, different orifice.

Microsoft acquired the entirety of Activision Blizzard, not just Blizzard individually.

thats uhhh thats not any better. i’d argue microsoft is even worse.

1 Like

I feel this in my soul!

Day 43: Anything on this yet Blizzard?