Hi can we get an update on character undelete pls

I try asking customer service to help in undeleting a character I accidently deleted but just got an gentic response back. It has been more that a few weeks since pre patch went live so i don’t know when the service will be back again :frowning:

Greetings,

Customer Support is not able to offer character restorations. Players are encouraged to use the self-service option available on the character selection screen. You may find eligibility details on our support article at: https://battle.net/support/article/000015312

Please note, in preparation for the new Warband system, this self-service is temporarily disabled for modern World of Warcraft characters. We do not have a date when it will be available again but it will be at least a few weeks. Customer Support is unable to undelete these characters manually in the meantime.

Thank you for your patience and your understanding.

Thats exactly the same response i got when i opened a ticket i was deleteing a low level character and awlected my main and it got seleted iv op3ned tickets done whatever i could possibly do and nothing is seem to be working please update if you hear anything i read somewhere that maybe it will be back on the next patch but who knows when that will be or its 100 percent true

I must highlight that they used the phrase “at least”. Meaning, they never said it’ll only be a few weeks. That’s the bare minimum prediction. It’s obviously going to be awhile before we can “undelete” characters.

Personally, I disagree with the OP on their choice of word:

You don’t “need” it.

The “undelete” shouldn’t be a placeholder, for your characters.

There’s a reason you gotta type out the word “delete” before the character…deletes.

Delete your characters wisely.

1 Like

My main character with all my GOLD accidentally was deleted when I thought a different character was selected. It happened soon after the launch of the new starting screen. It was NOT deleting for a placeholder. This same glitch with character selection and accidental deletion happened for many people and the benign responses are very inconsiderate, in my opinion. I certainly hope they restore soon. I need me GOLD!!!

1 Like

its eatting me alive im on the same boat as you gonna be so far behind when the war within launches and this i feel still wont be fixed like what the hell ? this has never ever happend to me before i dont even wanna play the game cause i cant play the character and i feel my subb is just going to west. like how long more can someone wait gosh

1 Like

have you tried opening a ticket to get an estimate on when it might be back is it after launch or before launch worth a shot to ask them via ticket

Totally get it. It’s part of the paid subscription and you want it back. It’s not a free feature. You have every right to want it back and communications to be clear. Hold Blizz to a high standard otherwise they will continue to lowball quality. Esp now that M$ owns them. You are btw a customer not just a player.

1 Like

They said this would only be disabled until the pre-expansion character updates. Hasn’t the pre-expansion updates already been implemented for like a week now?

Anyone have any news on getting a deleted character restored? I submitted a ticket to see if I could at least get my GOLD that was on that character. I’m hoping for the best, especially considering it was due to this glitch. Fingers crossed. /sigh

Still waiting on an update on this myself. They said it would be down until the early access event was over, we’re way past that now and nothing has been updated.

No they never said that.

“Deleted characters in the modern version of World of Warcraft can not be restored from July 23, 2024 to a future date that is not yet determined.”

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/article/15312?utm_source=desktopweb-news&utm_campaign=web-us-desktopwebnews&utm_medium=internal&utm_content=24057482

After the pre-expansion content update goes live, restoration of characters on your World of Warcraft account will be unavailable for a few weeks.

It’s been a few weeks.

And the support page I linked which is more recent says…
“a future date that is not yet determined”

I think that they need to at least update whether or not characters deleted outside of the 30 day window will be available to undelete. Do I have any to undelete? No, but I don’t think it’s fair to everyone who has either A. Accidentally deleted an important character or B. Just deleted a character and actually changed their mind.
As someone who cannot make up her mind, I can’t blame anyone for wanting at the very least an update on what’s going on. Communication is not too little to ask, especially if I’m paying money for a service and part of that service is unavailable.

Which means they quietly changed the status of the feature and hoped no one would notice the discrepancy. Does being a sycophant never get tiring?

Just providing facts. :person_gesturing_no:

I wonder if the way warbands works has created more problems than they anticipated. We don’t even have to swap servers now when logging into characters. I’m actually on Turalyon and logged into my character on Demon Soul without swapping to Demon Soul.

How do you accidentally delete an important character, or any character?

You have to:

1. Select the character
  2. Click delete
  3. Type delete into the pop up box
  4. Hit enter

It’s a pretty incredible talent to do all of those steps in order on accident

All I can say is scroll up, and you’ll see that it’s happened.
I’ve personally never done it, I don’t typically delete characters. But I do absolutely forget what I have in bags or in the bank on characters, and that’s a very easy way to not know they were important.

It’s a known bug that happened to some people. You click delete on one character and it deletes a different one. Those people I feel bad for. The ones who use deleted characters as extra storage I don’t.