Hey, why did the scourge event end early?

Were there server issues?
Was it the people complaining?
Is this a “no changes” thing because they ended it early in vanilla too? The posted schedule should have reflected that if it was going to be that way.
If it’s a technical issue, will it return once the issue is fixed?

I’d just like to know why, as I was really enjoying it.

Edit:

20 Likes

Yeah, me too. There are a number of posts about this action. You might take a look at the latest threads.

Honestly I’m pretty sure it’s a “we have no idea how to control this event” thing since it started early on them and they weren’t prepared, likely same on the end.

7 Likes

suckers cried

17 Likes

many threads with very heated opinions but I’m not finding anyone simply asking why

1 Like

It was scheduled to end today. Everyones just making things up

3 Likes

It would put a lot of minds at ease if this was communicated to us from someone with authority, and it would make sense since the event seems to have started early too. But until we get word from on high all we can do is speculate.

6 Likes

it either ended early or P5 was bugged and didnt include the cure questline.

It lasted the same amount of time that it originally lasted.

2 Likes

So from what I can tell it was actually tanking server performance on certain realms. I know for a fact that when the event got into the mass zombie phase Bene had to be restarted. That didn’t even fix the issue as the server ended up in a terrible state only an hour or so after the restart. It was almost unplayable and I’m not 100% sure but it felt like the event was actually the root cause to the server performance issues. The event went away and the servers have been fine since then.

Servers were never this big the last time they ran that event. Goes to show how much effort blizzard puts into the game when they have no understanding of what effects the even they launch will have on the performance of their servers.

1 Like

it was the karens complaining throughout the week

3 Likes

thanks everyone for your continued speculation lmao

1 Like

The event is still ongoing on Mankrik currently. Though we seem to be stuck in phase 2-3.

Except many servers where it ended didn’t get the ending questline for the cure.

6 Likes

Whatever the reason is, I had my fun and satisfaction of being a zombie

4 Likes

I had fun with it. I took the plague to Lakeshire early on. I did it once and everyone in Lakeshire seem to have fun for the next 15-30 minutes. It did get old after a while, but I didn’t want them to remove it early… I understand some folks were taking it to the nth degree though. Still don’t like it being removed early with no communication.

3 Likes

Probably this and not a Sunday hotfix because of whiners.

It’s unlikely they’ll bring it back though.

I never saw the argent quartermaster while playing these past few days and I thought they were coming back so I could get the tabard. Can we still find them?

1 Like

The infectious zombie phase ending should not affect the invasion event.

Zombie event has not ended, they are just no longer infectious. It does seem the quest for the cure was skipped though.

2 Likes

It’s okay griefers who are whining that the event is gone you can go to any low level zone on a 50/50 PvP server and 1 shot lowbies to fulfil your psychopathic tendencies.

6 Likes