Hey, so I heard you like corpse camping

Exactly, #nochanges. I knew you knew what it meant.

Well done!

Except, you know, that this is how it was in 1.12, so really the only change was starting with the older DR rates before switching back to 1.12 rates.

or did you only want the changes you like?

Umm dont play on a pvp server then.

2 Likes

You are coming in at the end of a very long multi thread conversation. Do you really want me to turn my attention to you and embarrass you again?

I didn’t think so, but hey! You did it Q!! Raise a toast! If you continue to cry about things like when you weren’t able to Q with friends I am sure you will get what you want again. BTW 5 man group Q wasn’t in 1.12 but why focus on the inconvenient when making a point.

I wonder though, what are you going to do with the other 3 slots in your 5 man now that you can invite all your friends?

2 Likes

You get camped and you get camped oh and you get camped! Yay everyone gets camped!

5 Likes

HAHAHAHHAHA, well done Waffels.

Waffels Waffels WAFFELS.
WAFFELS Waffels waffels.

1 Like

You’re wrong. They don’t stop. It was so bad on my server I honestly had to stop playing. I log off while still dead because I cannot rez. It is not fun and has ruined the purpose of PvP for me.

1 Like

The developers want more horde to grief alliance. You just have to see the progression here.

1. Create OP horde racials so more play horde.
  2. Don’t stop the faction imbalance.
  3. Allow horde to farm alliance non stop for months.
  4. Punish alliance that organize to deal with the above issues.
  5. Modify the system to reward more open world farming of alliance.
9 Likes

I had a paladin healer ragequit last Sat. trying to get into brd. Don’t blame him 'cause it took 45 mins just to get in at 11 p.m. server time. First RQ since honor went live.

Sucks that more RQs will be more common in the future :frowning:.

2 Likes

Blizzard plays Horde so this is their revenge basically for AV premades. Somewhere out there a Blizzard developer lost to Alliance in a 6 minute AV.

1 Like

I normally hear conspiracy theories like this and say hey dial back your aluminum investments pal.

But this seems too on the nose for my liking.

2 Likes

Its more of a misread by blizz probably. When the 10% DR was implemented in 1.12 way back when it was probably to spice things up a bit, get the subs interest back and help pad the profits a bit because you now can kill carte blanche. But using the same logic now doesnt spice things up it just makes things more of a hot mess.

I suspect you are right.

More than double it:

(4+3+2+1)/4 = 10/4 = 2.5 times a single kill

(10+9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1)/10 = 55/10 = 5.5 times a single kill

5.5 / 2.5 = 2.2 times more than before

By the way, cool method for summing up to n:

1: 10 + 1 = 11
2:  9 + 2 = 11
3:  8 + 3 = 11
4:  7 + 4 = 11
5:  6 + 5 = 11

They all add up to n + 1 and there are n / 2 of them so

sum = (n + 1) x n / 2

Before this they would position themselves to kill you a couple times and stay in their spot to catch more people coming. Now they will zerg you and reline up further down to catch you respawn at half health and reline up multiple times because they can milk the honor for longer. Not only are they going to do this, to compete for ranking they will HAVE to do this.

I am all for pulling out the math to prove a point and make someone look silly but dammit Graff NOT NOW!!!

The world has gone upside down, it’s all silly now.

Not sure why people thing this change wpvp. I would camp low lvls just for fun between games.

This makes a lot of sense in BGs, where you were given next to no honor for pvping. Say a player was initially worth 200 honor for you for killing them. You could kill them a maximum of 4 times for 500 total honor. Anything beyond 4 kills yielded no honor.

Now with a 10% decrease you can gain honor from that same player 10 times instead of 4, and gain a total of 1,100 honor. This change greatly increases your incentive to engage in PvP inside AV.

As to those saying it makes sense in BGs, but not WPvP… I’d imagine the coding to discern how much honor someone gives to you inside of a Bg compared to outside would be pretty complicated if they changed the in BG honor gain and not the out of BG honor gain. Say you kill someone once outside of AV and you can only gain 75% honor from them for a second kill. You join AV and they are in it. Does killing them award 150 or 180 honor? It would greatly complicate the system, so I imagine it’s just vastly easier to keep the system balanced inside and out of BGs.

Maybe it is? I honestly wouldn’t know. I would even go as far to say that you are probably 100% right.

My only gripe is that an easier solution for one problem could negatively impact other areas of gameplay. I can’t wait to see how the min/max honor grinders are able to maximize their hph with these changes. I got my popcorn ready. :slight_smile: