Hey Sigma!

As opposed to where it currently is in my spell book?

Now I have to waste another talent for a spell I already have?

Hard pass!

So… just like guardian affinity then? Add heart of the wild into the mix and… oh wait… they are.

That’s quite the “overhaul”. Lmao!
What you just asked for is exactly what SL is bringing.

I think we’re done here, because surely you don’t mean cramming an entire specialization into 1 talent. That would be stupid. What would they do about the other 6 feral talent rows? What else are we giving up to make room for this bastardized hybrid tank form that nobody is asking for?

HARD PASS!!!

You are misunderstanding this. Possibly because you are looking at it from the perspective of Feral rather than Guardian. You’d still be able to customize your Feral Cat with the other talent rows as well as a Feral Bear. And I’m not saying this is what I want. I’m simply suggesting that the continued degradation of the Guardian spec might indicate a dramatic overhaul of the spec in the expansion after Shadowlands. Guardians were not good throughout BfA. They are being made even worse in Shadowlands. Major overhauls tend to happen in new expansions. What a major overhaul of Guardian (and possibly Feral) might look like we can only speculate. One possibility could be the re-merge. Another possibility could be a complete change to how resource (Rage) generation and spending works.

The point is that the fact that Guardian was bad in BfA Alpha, was left bad at BfA launch, remained bad throughout all of BfA, and is now being made worse in SL all suggests the possibility that Blizz doesn’t want people playing Guardian which might mean that a major overhaul is the long term plan. There’s almost no hope that Guardian will be fixed for SL. We can hope that maybe there’s a bigger plan for the next expansion.

No… you are.

Stop trying to make classic feral happen.
Its not going to happen.

So while every other dps spec has 3 options to choose from. Feral only gets 2?

No thanks.

Hyperbole.

1 Like

You are still missing the point. I’m not saying this is what I want to happen. I’m simply saying that there might be a major overhaul in the future. And maybe a re-merge is part of that overhaul. I don’t care what the overhaul is as long as it’s good.

Who knows what the talents will look like. You’re getting hung up on details for an idea thrown out there as just one possible approach to a revamp of the spec.

How is that hyperbole? Guardians are being made worse in SL. They are getting further pruned in the expansion of unpruning.

There is no room in the current talent system for a merged spec.

More importantly…

NOBODY IS ASKING FOR IT!

Including yourself, apparently?
Despite the numerous posts you’ve made these past few months advocating these changes that are continuously being shot down.

So… what IS your point?

No point.

You’re just speculating.

Pure hyperbole.

The devil is in the details.
Youre suggesting ideas with no foresight of they could be applied in any practical sense. Anyone who’s played this game during both talent systems can easily point out just how horrible of an idea this is.

Just stop.

Now you’ve got it. The continued decline of the Guardian spec from BfA Alpha through all of BfA and now into SL without any comment from the development team leads to speculation as to why they are doing this. I’m suggesting this might be an indication of a future overhaul. Do you have another idea as to why Guardians have not had any of their issues addressed since BfA Alpha? Lack of communication leads to player speculation.

Not debating this.

What I’m telling you (and what others keep telling you) is that a feral/guardian merge is a horrible idea.

You need to let it go.

It also leads to hyperbole.
(Which is all you’re doing)

Case in point:

Complete and utter Garbage!

Yes… that was overly dramatic for effect. I don’t really have any inside information. I’m simply speculating. I’m speculating because nobody from development has been talking about Bears since BfA Alpha.

It might be terrible. But it might just be that they have an amazing plan on how to do it. I don’t know and neither do you. Or it might be that they are simply going to scrap Bears and rebuild them from the ground up. Or maybe they’ll just delete Bears (Ok, that’s not really likely to happen). Or maybe they come out in a month and announce new changes that fix all the Bear issues (also not likely to happen).

Lack of communication leads to wild speculation.

/facepalm

Which is exactly why you don’t see me making forum posts claiming that the sky is falling.

What you’re doing is not helpful to the class.

Grow up.

2 Likes

A re-merge would not be healthy I agree, but also the lack of communication does lead one to wonder what is going on? Or going to happen as SL continues and next xpac comes about.

With out all the tuning done its hard to see where bears sit number wise. However they have issues that are bigger than just numbers or tuning. Lack of a charge with out a talent, the knock off RoTS < tied to berserk . . .yawn Berserk needs to be fixed on its own.

No AOE Snare outside of the Roar that breaks on dmg used so kinda meh. Kinda boring gameplay but for sure fits some folks desire to play that.

Feral also has some glaring issues. Beserek being a major 3 min cd that just . . is outdated it seems. Doesn’t change the gameplay and really should be adjusted idk to a 2 min cd ? Not sure that is a fix.

Utility is a major factor when you compare Feral to its other roles in the Druid class. Looking at you Boomy and Trees They have all the tools a Druid can bring yet the Bear and Cat are lacking . . .why?

Feral needs a reason to be brought to content a niche reason if you will. I’ll even be greedy to say you need a feral, as least one on a 20 man roaster for XXXX buff or utility, (sorry all the Enh shams and WW monks here).

1 Like

Was playing Beta over the weekend with a friend who has raid healed in the past on Priest, Paladin, and Shaman, and he’s trying out all the healers in Beta to see what he likes.

He got to making a Resto druid, and his main reaction was “holy cow, it’s taking me so long just to set up this character, because it has so many abilities”.

Just looking at crowd control, right now Resto has Vortex + Typhoon/Roots. We have Vortex + Typhoon/Roots if we talent for it by giving up Wild Charge.

In Shadowlands, Resto will be able to have Vortex + Typhoon + Roots. All three! Unprecedented CC on 1 character.

And they get Cyclone for free, too. (Yeah, bears get it too, but we can’t really use it.)

And they get Stampeding Roar.

The whole thing is ridiculous, at this point. The devs are doing a massive love-in for Resto at the expense of the other specs. Even the talent tree seems to have been designed with “Let’s rig it to give Resto as much amazing stuff as we can. And to hell with the other specs.”

Like people keep asking “why is heart of the wild in the CC talent row?” It’s to give Resto 4 forms of crowd control (Vortex + Roots + Typhoon + Cyclone). Duh.

6 Likes

Except that it’s already fallen.

Guardians had big problems in BfA Alpha; Devs did nothing about it
Guardians had big problems in BfA Beta; Devs did nothing about it
Guardians had big problems at BfA Launch; Devs did nothing about it
Guardians had big problems through every BfA patch; Devs did nothing about it
Guardians had big problems in SL Alpha; Devs made them even worse

I stuck with the spec through it all. Devs have ignored it for years.

The sky has already fallen.

3 Likes

So join Tewa and go play something else then.
Perhaps stick to your rogue.
Save me the theatrics.

What rogue are you talking about? I Haven’t played rogue seriously in years (although I did level him up to 110 last expansion but didn’t play him much).

I’m gearing up a prot pally with the expectation that Guardians won’t be fixed.

But until then, I’m still going to fiercely advocate for Bears.

You are welcome to ignore my posts. You are choosing to respond to every single one. Think about that.

1 Like

Raider io has you linked to a rogue. (I did have my doubts though)
If thats not you then you need not worry, there are lots of other specs to choose from.

By suggesting that blizzard just deleted the spec? LMAO
I dont think you know what advocate means, bud.

Thats not whats happening here, nor is it even the correct forum to do so.
Your ideas and “speculations” are pure garbage and not at all constructive to the class. If you come up with actual ideas that dont involve reverting the class back a decade or deleting it outright, then im all ears. However, as I mentioned above, you should try using the correct forum.

2 Likes

Really think Resto is being made into a M+ god for the sake of Esports.

Can’t beat em join em I guess. Only way I’ll get to feral next xpac is to Resto and cat weave.

1 Like

Once again, you have misunderstood. I am not suggesting that is what they should do. I’m saying that is what they might do. If you wish, you can find a pretty extensive post in the Give Your Feedback thread for what I think Blizz should do:

But at this point in the development cycle, and after years of ignored feedback, I have no confidence that any of these issues will be fixed.
You can also read through the “Guardian is … just a boring spec” thread. I’ve got a few posts about Bear issues in there too.

Yet Blizz continues to ignore all this feedback. Yes, a some of it is dramatic, but that doesn’t make the issues presented invalid. Bears are frustrated. They should be frustrated. I don’t see how anybody can defend the indefensible.

Armory stalking? Really? Well, that’s ok I guess. So I suppose you found a Rogue doing really high level M+ content, huh? He was also in the MDI a few times this year. Yeah… that’s not me. Same B-net though, but not me.

You have the memory of a gold fish.

Yes that’s abundantly clear.
Hence my original doubt. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-druid-class-changes/490706

This is the forum for feedback.
It’s not in the Druid forum.
Nothing in the Druid forum gets looked at. It’s just a place for druids to talk to other druids. Your “suggestions” might as be addressed to the North Pole.

Who’s defending?
You’re having an argument in your head about things nobody said.

1 Like

Again, I’m not saying this is a good solution. It’s something thay might be planning. I was simply showing a way in which it might be possible. I’d rather they actually address the issues we’ve presented by adding or modifying abilities.

I don’t understand why you’re trying to make this a personal thing. If you don’t like what I have to say, just ignore it and move on.

Actually, you’re wrong. This forum is for all sorts of discussions about Druids, including discussions about what is good and bad about the class and what might improve the spec. In fact, an MVP specifically created a thread here to collect even more feedback. I posted in it. You’re welcome to read it. Also, how’s all the Guardian feedback in the thread you linked working out for us? About exactly the same as the feedback in the Druid forums.

People have been defending the spec by saying “it’s viable”, or “look there’s a couple of Bears doing high keys,” or “look there’s a whole meme raid of all Bears.” And people have been defending the dev team by saying “it’s only Alpha” or “it’s only Beta” or “there’s still time to fix it” or “Legendaries will fix it” or “Covenants will fix it.”

Let me be very clear here, I want them to fix the myriad of persisting issues that many Guardians have presented over the last few years. Add a ranged silence, add an AoE cc, allow casting in form, etc. I don’t think that re-merging the specs is necessarily the right approach. But it might be their long term plan. We just don’t know, because they don’t communicate. If it is what they are planning, I hope it’s a kickass plan and it comes out awesome. If not (and I’d prefer not), I hope they just fix the spec the right way.

1 Like

Nope.

It’s asinine.
Pure hyperbole and not at all constructive or useful.

Im not.
Believe me when I say this.
I dont care about you one bit.
Looking up your io is a simple way to better understand who I am dealing with.

Just as you have every right to voice your ridiculous opinions, I have every right to reject them.

Welcome to the internet.

Oh, iv read it.
More garbage to add to the heaping pile.
There isnt anything in that entire thread that hasnt already been covered in the feedback forums.
Your contribution is equal to this…
https://imgur.com/a/xZGJZ23

Nobody is talking about this except you.