Hey Sigma!

On April 18th in the Alpha Druid Feedback thread you were,

but not one of those responses invovled issues for Guardians.

This was followed by another post on April 30th that was

but that was only about Moonkins; again, nothing for Bears.

On May 14th, you commented again with a brief mention that Sylvatican Charm will work with Frenzied Regen. Really? That’s all you’ve got for Guardians? And you even point out that it’ll really only work if you’re keeping HoTs on yourself, but you’re not even adressing one of the most common suggestions from players, which is to allow Guardians to cast spells in Bear form!

And then a comment a week ago about Convoke, which again doesn’t address any of the well documented Guardian issues at all.

All this despite multiple posts in multiple threads in multiple forums. Many of these posts are well-reasoned comments from players with much experience with Guardians, some at high levels of play and some at more moderate levels of play. One such post is here in the Alpha forum from April 10th which you seemed to have overlooked when you initially chimed into the thread 8 days later:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-druid-class-changes/490706/14

I can only conclude from the lack of any Developer comments regarding Guardians that the goal of the development team is to eliminate Guardians from the game entirely. The intent is to make the spec so unappealing that when it is removed, the Guardian population will have dwindled to such miniscule numbers that the objections to its deletion will be so sparse as to be virtually silent. And Druid will be left with three specs. And that will be a sad day.

12 Likes

While directly calling out a blue normally goes nowhere, I will say that some feedback from them would be nice in a few issues.

Ferals utility and defensives being robbed, gaurdian being… well gaurdian…

Though the character selection screen for SL showing druids casting a healing spell might be a subtle nod from them that druids should just be healers.

Feelsbadman.

Playing one of the most disliked and shunned specs in the game and getting pruned in the “unpruning” is pretty lame.

Sure would like to have either spec be on the invite list for group content and not be asked if I can “go boomy” or “can you heal so our healer can dps?” in pugs.
The answer to both is no btw…

9 Likes

~https://tenor.com/view/art-bell-tin-foil-hat-gif-11369702

So true. In the expansion where specs are getting more abilities, Guardians are getting less. So sad.

9 Likes

So yet another post in the Alpha Druid Feedback thread with not one single peep about Bears. Please just tell us you’re leaving Bear in the crapper so we know to start practicing now with the tank specs that are still worth playing.

2 Likes

Beta is coming next week we haven’t heard a peep about Guardian Druids.

It’s in the crapper.

3 Likes

Yep. Time to pick another main for the next 2 years… again.

4 Likes

I’m telling you guys… they’re phasing Bears out. They’re gonna merge back into Feral in the expansion following Shadowlands.

2 Likes

That would literally be the worst decision Blizzard could ever make

2 Likes

Just looking at the trend here. They could be intentionally whittling away at Bears so they can eventually reincorporate them back into Feral with a minimal amount of resistance. Bears, one of the worst tank specs throughout the BfA expansion, is actually getting even worse for Shadowlands.

1 Like

In all seriousness I’m very concerned for the state of druids right now.

3 Likes

Intereting that there is stilll no developer comment about Guardians, even with the release of the Legendaries, which don’t seem to do anything to fix the real problems with Guardian.

So sad.

3 Likes

Hahahahahaha!! OMG! That may be the most melodramatic thing I’ve ever read. Thank you, that was hysterical!

3 Likes

Then perhaps you should read more.

There’s a reason they are making Guardians even worse in Shadowlands. What do you think that reason is? I’ll remind you that they’ve done this in the past, making a spec bad with the specific intent to get people to not play it.

2 Likes

I really can’t be bothered to care

Oh. Then thank you for the bump I guess.

I wouldn’t go so far as to say eliminate guardians completely but I definitely think several classes/specs should take lack of action by the time SL comes around as a sign that their spec is not really one that will be getting much priority going forward, and to make decisions accordingly.

Well, if there’s a complete overhaul in a future expansion (say in 2022), it’s possible to see a very dramatic change. The first talent row of the new Feral could include the Bear form talent, which adds in the various defensives, health, armor, etc. The other two talents on the row might modify Cat playstyle in order to increase damage output. There are already some Cat and Bear abilities shared like Swipe and Thrash that have different effects and power depending on spec. They could potentially share more abilities which would have different effects and power levels depending on your form. I’m certainly not saying it would be easy to re-merge, but it can be done. And with no statement from Blizzard at all on the state of Bears and the future goals for the spec, it’s possible that this could be the long term plan.

You use the word “overhaul” and then proceed to describe guardian affinity as a “new talent”.

Lmao!

1 Like

You misunderstand. It’s not an affinity. It’s actually putting the Bear form into the first row of talents, which is how Feral would be able to tank as a Bear as opposed to DPS as a Cat. Think more along the lines of how we used to create the tanking spec in the old talent trees, but with the more simplified talent board of today, it would be one talent choice.