Guardian druid “unpruning”

lol got em

Ya’ll are wasting your time arguing with some kid with a lackluster IO and has barely gotten their feet wet in mythic content, much less tanked that content.
Waste of energy.

3 Likes

A lot of that fun comes from the danger of using it. The thrill of pulling it off knowing I risk certain death if I fail is rewarding for me.

Being told I can’t or shouldn’t, knowing full well that I can only bolsters that feeling. Last weeks affix were prime example of this. Pun intended. I was able to pull off using tigers dash more effectively than FC or vortex could have helped me deal with bolster/explo. That’s obviously an unpopular opinion, but I stick by it.

It’s clear to me why the talent is viewed in bad taste. I’m not naive to this. I partly agree. It’s certainly not fair for guardians to be the only tank forced to risk death just to use their utility. But that in itself is the beauty in it. Finding ways to actually do it is fun for me.

I think a more obvious solution would be to make tiger dash work in whatever specialization you choose!

Fast bears!
Fast cats!
Maybe Moonkins could flap really fast!
Resto could be rushed away in a pile of leaves blowing in the wind like Olaf and Gail.

Problem friggen solved, thanks!

5 Likes

Yes, they can.

It’s fun, most importantly, and it offers up some unique practical applications where it can expedite your run considerably.

Boralus as an example.
For the final boss, I used it to close gaps between demos, which can spawn in some pretty inconvenient places, often overlapping eradication. Especially in phase one. Critical to the fight? No. Quicker results than FC or vortex? Yes.

The firing squad after Lockwood, mount up to get close and then run full tilt at them to cancel their barrage of bullets before it even starts. Critical for completion? No. Faster than FC or vortex? Yes.

Kitting urg’roth before his patches spawn and for voidweaver snaps. Possible without tigers? Absolutely. Completely possible with ease! Faster than FC or vortex? Nope.

There’s tons of scenarios in which tigers dash can speed things along with trash quicker than FC or vortex can. Typhoons isn’t even required. The loss of rage and IF stacks is inconsequential, as you have effectively removed yourself from the fight.

It’s FUN!!!

Try it sometime!
This is a game after all.

I am by no means the best player (anymore), as you all love to point out, yet I’m able to clear 15-17+ the past few weeks with ease using tigers. Clearly it’s not as terrible as you’re making it out to be.

That being said… yes, it has it’s flaws and I want sometbing better.

Well said. I like fun abilities. Another fun one was in Siege of Orgrimmar when we could collect the mobs and if we timed it just right, Typhoon them into the big rolling ball. Obviously we can still take Typhoon, but it’s just an example of the types of game play I find fun. Those clever Tiger Dash moves are fun for Tical. It doesn’t have to be the “best” talent empirically for it to be there. It also doesn’t mean it’s the direct cause for our loss of Intimidating Roar. Why not have both options? Make Wild Charge baseline and add Intimidating Roar talent back in. Win win win.

Really? Perhaps Mr. Troll could learn to formulate complete sentences then, as opposed to giving single-word responses that can easily be misinterpreted?

Secondly, Mr. Troll is asking a whole host of questions that have been answered, time and again, in multiple threads on this forum. Perhaps he should read first and ask questions later, so as to not be asking redundant questions?

Also, you seemed to have missed reading this part:

I even bolded the text for you this time. Should be no excuses now.

…,And what about yourself, Mr. Feral? Why are you not “Staying in your lane?” Isn’t that the very definition of hypocrisy?

Stopping distorting what Skruffles was saying. Skruffles was merely speculating. Honestly, I really don’t know why you’ve got your panties in a bunch over this.

Not quite.

Just because you happen to make use of Tiger Dash and consider it to be “Fun” doesn’t make it factually and objectively a good talent by comparison with other talents on the same row, or even comparable with other talents that were removed.

Look. I really am trying to be civil with you, Tical. I don’t have any issue with the fact that you use Tiger Dash and that you find it “Fun.” If you can make it work sometimes, and having a talent that works sometimes is good enough for you, then great - I’m happy for you. Enjoy the game. But don’t come into the community and start saying things like, “I uSe TiGeR dAsH, tHeReFoRe It’S gOoD.” It’s not. It has never been good, precisely because we didn’t need it - something @Dreaux tried to point out to you above.

If Guardian Druids don’t complain about what they consider to sub-par talents, spells, etc. then, again, we’re sending the wrong message to the dev teams. This has nothing to do with you and the fact that you - personally - like using Tiger Dash. Great. Good for you. Have “Fun.” Most Guardian Druids think the talent is trash by comparison with other talents - and that’s not going to change because you like it, nor does your approval of the talent make it factually and objectively good.

Can we please just learn to agree to disagree? This “Arguing” here is fruitless.

Thanks for your time,

Barespanks

2 Likes

Roar and charge both need to be baseline. Stripping them away and then giving them back as talents is just insulting and lazy. While other classes get fun abilities that amplify their spells, We get forced to choose spells we already had. Feels bad.

This is a conversation you should be having with him.

You mean Mr. Druid?

I play resto, feral and guardian.

Feral and guardian took a back seat this expansion, since resto = invites, but I have been putting more effort into them as of late.

Tewa however, is not a resto druid.
So… yeah. Stay in your lane.

Fixed that for you.

I’m not disagreeing that the talent didn’t belong in that row. I’m not disagreeing that roar being removed was bad. I’m not saying that tigers is great and that you’re all wrong. I’m merely saying that it’s not as bad as you’re all suggesting.

Feral charge being on that row is a bigger travesty than tigers fury.

Can we? You clearly can’t let this go.
Move on dude.

Skruffles Has. Why are you speaking for him?

No, I’m pretty sure most people in here are more than able to look at your character and identify you as a resto or feral that dabbled in guardian, and seemingly not until the very end of this expansion.

With corruptions, you could be running the most sub optimal gear, playing like garbage, and still be able to do a 15.

I’m still of the opinion that you are trolling, but if you’re not, it’s very hard to take your opinions seriously about a spec that you very clearly don’t play at any serious level. Maybe if your feedback was “it feels bad or good to play rotation wise”. But your feedback is just “guardian is fine, your problems are imaginary, just got gud”.

3 Likes

Why did you even bring him up in the first place?

First off all, I’m not a fan of people tampering with what I said, not least of all when I whole-heartedly disagree with the resulting misrepresentation. You didn’t “Fix” anything; rather, you deliberately distorted what I said to fit your POV.

For instance, nobody told me not to use Tiger Dash. When I was setting up my talents, I looked at Tiger Dash and thought, “Huh - that looks like trash.” Why? Because we didn’t need it. I didn’t need some “Resident Guardian Druid expert” or some online guide to tell me it wasn’t a good talent - it was painfully obvious. And I’m just a filthy casual! It really isn’t fair to treat it as if the only reason people dislike Tiger Dash is because they were told to dislike it. That’s a fairly insulting insinuation.

On the matter of it being “Bad”: you do realize that this is all relative, right? When compared with other talents, other choices, it comes up as being - relatively - bad. That’s not saying it can’t be used, that’s not saying it can’t be “Fun” even - but, by comparison with other talents, overall it’s just a sub-par talent in the majority of cases. Again: we didn’t need it. Facts are facts.

You keep trying to convince me - no, convince us - that we’re wrong, that’s why.

I’m not speaking for Skruffles. I was defending his right to speculate and not be hounded for it.

Thanks for your time,

Barespanks

1 Like

Does it even matter at this point?

Iv been feral/guardian/resto main since vanila. Made it to top 18th US before my retirement from raiding. My kids take priority now. I know you’re hell bent on trying to disqualify my opinion based on personal attacks. But, as skruffles suggested, let’s keep this on the topic? K thanks.

I have never said this.

You clearly haven’t been paying attention.

I’m simply asking you to try it for yourself. You’re too quick to dismiss differing opinions when I’m willing to bet you haven’t even tested it out for yourself.

I have, and I find it to be quite useful. It’s certainly saved my butt and reduced incoming damage and reduced time from my run more often and more effectively than vortex or charge could have.

If your argument is simply that’s it’s the weakest talent in that row, therefor it must go. Then the same can be made for every talent we have. They’re all pretty lackluster, imo. Hardly constructive.

~https://giphy.com/gifs/animation-adventure-time-3c1Ueiz5h1Q8o

1 Like

I love coming in here every now and then just to see what the argument is going to be about on that day.

3 Likes

lmao, no you didn’t.

1 Like

Indeed I was.

Another fun fact.
I post on my main because I’m not a coward.

1 Like

For All Druids you were 18th on your Realm.

You misunderstand…

18th ranked guild in the USA.

For server, ya boi was #1.

This is irrelevant though, as we’re talking about 2012. People want to stir the pot and make personal attacks and put my experienced in question. It’s not constructive. Be better than that.

(Yes, I know, I’m guilty of it too)

How many touchdowns passes did you score in that one game back in HS? Because now that is what you sound like talking about playing a Druid in 2012.

1 Like

I’m not the one who called my experience into question. I agree, it’s very silly and not relevant to this topic.

Ignorance.