Hey, men? I know you're scared

Look, you’re reading the news of these accusations, and you’re uncomfortable.

Because you know, deep down, that you have done some similar behaviour. You made a crude joke. You complimented a female employee on her looks. You didn’t get along peachy with every woman you’ve ever worked with, sure.

Instead of saying “whoa, whoa these are just allegations” consider this: they are guilty of something. Whether it is everything in the text of the lawsuit, or something slightly adjacent, the men of this company are guilty of treating women poorly

Now for you? Let it be a wake up call.

Change NOW.

Look at your past behaviour and don’t do that anymore. Don’t make rape jokes at work. Don’t bring women’s appearances up in front of them, behind their backs, at all. Don’t grope women. Don’t ask women to do your work while you go play video games with your buddies.

If you feel scared and uncomfortable? That’s your brain telling you you’ve been behaving like and empathizing just a little too much with dudes who are definitely guilty.

So instead of wringing your hands about “innocent until proven guilty” you take a look deep down about how YOU treat women, and you grow up.

304 Likes

Uh, no, I’m not a piece of human trash

621 Likes

That’s great and all, but the laws of this country are based upon Innocent until proven guilty. That’s why it is being brought up, not because they hate women…

229 Likes

I’m not American , therefore the excentricity of your social trends have no power here

106 Likes

I’m sure you are not. I don’t believe he’s speaking to all men.

13 Likes

Uhh, no. I’m mature enough to know that both men and women are equally capable of being human trash.

Besides, you don’t have to commit certain crime or behavior in order to feel uncomfortable. I feel uncomfortable watching people die from natural disasters, or when I see people hurting or killing animals for fun, and I have never killed anyone nor harmed any defenseless animal in my life. I’ll give you a tip: it’s called empathy.

288 Likes

Welp, this is sexist.

326 Likes

I ask anyone to do my work while I go play video games with my buddies. Man, woman, child, anyone who wants to do my work and let me play some video games can.

Kidding. But what if…?

20 Likes

And every time someone brings this up, I will kindly point out that, once again, this is the result of a TWO YEAR INVESTIGATION that is quite damning.

I don’t need a court to tell me whether or not someone is guilty.

21 Likes

Which is fine.

Which is fine.

Which is fine.

192 Likes

Funny how a lot if people bring up laws when they have no clue how the court system works.

Blizzard definitely did these things. There is no doubt. There is evidence (which you as a rando on the internet are not entitled to see lmao)

This isn’t a matter of “everyone calm down, maybe he’s innocent”

This is “he DEFINITELY did it, but we need to wait for the actual charges and verdict”

23 Likes

That’s nothing really similar, though. Especially the last one, heh, not getting along with a woman at work isn’t something heinous.

50 Likes

Are you accusing me of something?

Careful you’re on thin ice.

51 Likes

Unless you’re Bill Cosby and walk because of a technicality. :joy:

All jokes aside, if you’re rich and connected, you are above the law. That goes for any country.

13 Likes

That’s actually pretty disgusting to say or think of people you don’t know. Therefore you lost whatever moral high ground you had.

172 Likes

Oh this is an excellent post.
I’ve always liked your name, and now I like you.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I willn’t change at the behest of a sexist dolt that maketh such wild presumptions of others on the basis of theyr biological sex.
Thou’rt but fortunate we aren not in person, else thou wouldst be wiping my spit from thy face.

96 Likes

Men, hide from women, don’t let them see you. No one is safe.

33 Likes

Thanks for the input, Becky.

5 Likes

brb, making blanket statements about 50% of the world’s population

102 Likes