Hey Blizzard why don’t you release the Mage Tower completion stats?

3.9%…. Of what? The entire player base? Of people who attempted one challenge one time in the four weeks? That number means nothing without more info. I think I’m the only person in my mains guild that even actually attempted to complete a challenge. Most of them tried once or twice but that definitely doesn’t constitute a real attempt. Mage tower is hard yes, it’s not impossible. Crazy how mad people are that they can’t beat it, mad to the point where they are demanding it be nerfed (not asking or suggesting, demanding lol).

Not to yank my own chain, seriously, but I knocked it out on a class I haven’t played in a year. Yeah I got frustrated and angry during my time progressing on it but obviously it was possible, other ppl had done it. I knew it was MY FAULT I was unable to complete it those first attempts. Most of the people crying about it probably didn’t even watch any videos, ask for advice, use potions/food/drums etc, just bashed their head into it for a few hours and came to cry on the forums. Sad tbh.

No, 3 minutes is lower than 6 minutes, that’s a fact.

Dude, you obviously have no clue how Mage Tower gearing works.

Yes, that’s what is imbalanced between Arcane and Assassination.

Uh ? Many of the tweaks were actually just health tweaks.

It’s called tuning. Learn what it is.

That’s an opinion. Time variance is irrelevant when the entire encounter accounts for a class’s kit in its entirety. Are you genuinely not understanding this or are you trolling for your own amusement?

You caught me. I only cleared 4/5 of the ones I attempted, how could I possibly understand how gear worked in them :rofl:

Yeah? All those patch notes in the first two weeks of the tower were just health tweaks huh? All of the differences between PTR and Live were just health tweaks too?

Tell me, have you ever in your life read a single patch note after a piece of content is released? Or are you just pretending mechanics themselves aren’t adjusted as well? Like I said, you’re a goober.

No, 3 minutes being lower than 6 minutes is not an opinion.

A bunch where in fact yes.

How hard is it to understand. It’s 3.9% of all accounts that are currently being monitored in that 3rd party database which is updated by blizzard documented community api. That is the truest sense of what you can get by a census short of blizzard putting out their own data. Don’t know where people get the idea of it being constrained to people who attempted anything once, that has too much nuance and continuous checking.

Simplest is check # amount of accounts with achievement divide that by total # of unique accounts as existing in database. No exceptions needed and it doesn’t give faulty stats like how people try to assert a point, just a parameter.

1 Like

Alright, I’m going to blow a fat hole in your argument about health and time being the basis of tuning, buckle in.

What was your UH Agatha clear time?

That’s not what I asked. Were they all?

I’d be curious to see completion rates by challenge.

Frost mage probably has extremely high success, whereas Holy Priest probably has a very small amount of people who succeeded in completing it, and only after 10x the amount of attempts

Who knows, longer than Fury for sure, because Agatha is also poorly tuned everything vs Fury.

Of course not, it blows your whole trolling bit completely apart.

Tuning involves mob health, more often than not.

ITT: Bad players trying to deflect their lack of gaming skills on devs because they can’t complete something above their skill level.

Uhh it’s hard to understand because no one said any of that, he just posted “3.9%”

That’s a really good number. Factoring in people who never attempted, advertisement/farm bots, and people who only halfway tried once or twice, that means a good amount of people who actually tried hard got it. More than I would have expected.

Edit: also not sure how the “total accounts in data base” is calculated - are they counting unsubbed accounts too lol?

Like I’m going to believe you have no idea. Let me break it down for you:

My clear time was 11.5 minutes. My guildmate’s was 14.5 minutes. Another UH cleared it in 8.5 minutes. Trying to measure balance between classes based on health pool and time yields no fruit when there is so much variance amongst same specs.

No, you’re avoiding the question because you know it invalidates your argument. I already identified health tweaking is part of tuning, but it’s not the main factor. You’ve admitted this through omission by stating

I love how you’re digging your heels in trying to pretend mechanics and kits aren’t included in tuning :rofl:

It’s well documented that it’s massively easier for Fury.

Because you keep dodging the actual problem of tuning : Assassination has too much health and a much higher DPS floor than Arcane, even though Assassinations DPS isn’t that much higher than Arcane.

I love how even when the Mage Tower is over, you gotta keep trolling.

Anything that is picked up from armory crawls. Blizz put out community api changes early January 2020, forcing websites to drop profiles after 30 days if data on the website for that profile is not refreshed within that time. Now that’s up to the metadata site if they want to keep retaining old accounts in the ledger (by still refreshing at least every 30 days) or not. And then compound that with the natural amount of people who happen to miss getting picked up in the filter because they themselves weren’t curious about their own info/meta progression or just have done nothing significant enough to warrant a profile update/capture.

You’re intentionally dodging this because it destroys your argument.

I’ve already demonstrated thoroughly the problem with using this as a measurement and you’re hoping that by ignoring it, you won’t have to admit it’s true. As a reminder:

Very interesting accusation coming from you of all people. I would hardly consider debunking bad ideas trolling.

Because you’re not comparing identically geared toons or toons with the same level of gearing.

There’s no actual issue.

Agatha has no enrage, Sig does. Sig’s dps requirement is a mechanic. So right there, trying to compare Agatha means you’re completely wrong.

So we have an actual DPS floor to tune for.

Call it like everyone sees it my dude.

I never really took stock in the dps requirements, different health values per spec and natural niche of best damage output per spec regardless. Like comparing incomes and living expenses without extra info.

However in an ideal sense, kill times over enough trials, minimal gear memes, and similar skill level/mistakes should give equivalent kill times.

Oh my lanta I think he’s starting to understand why simple health tuning is a waste of time :astonished:

And there’s already a health difference. Other than, if I may be so bold as to quote you:

Either you’re intentionally obtuse or we found our resident sperg.

You’ve mistaken yourself for everyone. That’s like me calling you a troll its me calling it like everyone sees it. You’re an actual goofball.

:man_facepalming:

I think you’re just getting how wrong you’ve been.

Yes and it’s wildly off!

Do you not understand DPS floor ? That has nothing to do with a toon. Arcane has a lower DPS FLOOR because there’s less health to burn in the same time frame.

That’s called a DPS check.

It’s a type of mechanic.

The tuning is off. Because the DPS FLOOR is much HIGHER for Assassination, while the potential DPS is not. There’s 0 explanation that you’re not getting here except if you are trolling the living hell out of the thread.

Says the guy who confuses comparing toons and DPS floors for the purposes of enrage timers.

1 Like

I swear that I spent less time on every challenge than some of the posters I’ve seen writing dissertations about how it’s “not representative of actual gameplay” and not a “legitimate test of ones ability to play the specialization”.

That must make two of us then.

We’ve established that’s just your opinion.

Do you not understand spec and gear differences?

You’ve got a bad habit of claiming this whenever you’re proven wrong. If you work on that you might learn something.

Says the guy who defines tuning as a simple health modification and blames health pool for inherent spec, gear, and skill differences.