Hey Blizzard why don’t you release the Mage Tower completion stats?

I dunno, it was still during the period where demons would tear down the building, and the portals were there. No idea if an npc was there or not, I was there for the tower and never considered finding a person.

Like…at least 0.3% of the population…tons of people ^^

It would be astounding and eye opener for all :slight_smile:

Bump for visibility.

If that’s even close to accurate that’s pretty crazy.

I’m part of the 3.9% POG

The problem is using stats like that with no other data points.

We still don’t know what the completion percentage was for people who attempted at least one challenge. These numbers just show how many overall toons have the achievement whether they tried it or not.

If half the toons scrubbed from the Armory attempted it then it’s 8% completion for example. If it’s a quarter then it’s 16%, etc.

What happened to this?

1 Like

It is probably accurate from the perspective of how many accounts they have on record as having been active within a certain time period versus how many completions hit the API. Whether that is relevant or not is another question. I doubt the API has access to a way to compile how many people tried MT versus how many people sat through MT long enough to figure it out. I’d be shocked if a lot more than 4% of subscribers had a passionate interest in this type of content. I run at least a dozen low rank valor runs per week, almost always invite bear, and virtually every low rank bear in rotation has the dreaded MT bear form. Only two runs ago I got a fresh 60 bear tank with a 133 green weapon who had never done the dungeon and was asking for route guidance, in MT druid bear form. If you sat and played it a few hours, you almost certainly got it.

I think the problems were massively inflated and people are latching onto whatever random thing supports their narrative, as someone who gives zero craps how Blizzard balances difficulty. If they make something that I don’t like, I’ll go do something else. I don’t feel I need every single mog and title in existence, and that seems to be more the point of contention than anything. MT was less secure to boost, and the “collectors” got grumpy.

0.3% reporting in

I’m not gonna lie, it was hard af, but im not an especially good player. Hardest part was getting all the gold to optimize. It’s possible, just need a lot of prep work. I’d much rather they just did premade armor sets for the challenges though.

I absolutely agree. That’s why I originally made this thread. Blizzard has all the detailed data but they’re just sitting on it and refusing to release it so third party data mining is all we have to rely on.

Nevertheless, the information is accurate and sobering. The Timewalking Mage Tower was objectively overtuned and the fault for that lies squarely at Blizzard’s feet because they intentionally designed it that way and it speaks volumes of how disconnected they are from the reality of their player base.

Did you hear that … i …hear… hoofbeats …and it seems they are getting closer and closer !!!

Maybe Blizz should have put time into making sure the game actually works properly rather than removing jokes and emotes.

It was only overtuned because you couldn’t beat it. It was a challenge mode, not LFR. Spend the time before it comes back learning to play the class you want to beat it on and you can beat it.

1 Like

No, it was overtuned because 99.7% of the player base couldn’t do it. Also quit trolling every thread about the MT with your classic trolling alt and maybe get a life?

1 Like

I guess you weren’t around when the MT first released in Legion before players could outgear it. lol

1 Like

Stop necroing your own damn dead topic.

1 Like

Imagine being against transparency.

3 Likes

I was and I completed as you can see on my actual character profile.

They will never release them because the entire thing was built around pleasing the white knighters and the yes men.

1 Like