Heroic+ - Why?

I guess you weren’t around for the world buff meta for Classic lol. Most private servers make heavy changes because they’re needed. These versions of the game had a lot of flaws, people just tolerated them back then because WoW’s popularity.

I’m glad they’re making changes and you can always vote with your sub, but you won’t probably, you will keep playing anyway lol.

I farmed out the hit trinket from H Blood Furnace on both of my warriors. Took 10+ runs each. It was one of my favorite dungeons by the end. I could consistently get it down in 30 mins. That melee hit trinket could easily last a warrior tank until you’re decked out in T6. The necklace with silence reduction was huge for casters in PvP during the early seasons as well.

The problem with H Blood Furnace is people tried to AoE down everything with a paladin tank and not use any CC… which is not how you do that dungeon. You need to mark and use CC. The extra CC that warriors had and paladins didn’t (disarm, AoE fear, interrupts) were extremely useful here.

The masses wanted WotLK style dungeons where you don’t think, don’t CC, and just AoE. That is why Blood Furnace was unpopular. Not because of the lack of rewards.

To me this is an amazing change, it doesn’t take anything away, only adds and it’s amazing for alts

It all goes back to their #somechanges post about goals to improve Wrath itemization systems:

• Goal #2: Maintain a healthy density of players enjoying Heroic dungeons throughout the entire expansion.
    • Serves: Nurture and Protect Social Experiences and Approachable and Familiar

This second goal is about making sure Heroic dungeons stay attractive throughout the entire expansion. The Emblems and items they drop should always be valuable, even late in the expansion. They should also remain an interesting challenge throughout the entire expansion, rather than becoming excessively easy as your gear improves. We are exploring plans to add challenges to Heroic dungeons as the expansion proceeds, which would also provide more valuable rewards.

So they actually believe this change serves better social experiences because people are incentivized to do dungeons together more often.

You couldn’t do that at launch. I AM KRUMTOILET!!!

And that’s why they arent making this change at launch…

Tbc classic had the daily for badges in at launch and it didnt really incentivize people to do heroics when they didnt need the gear anymore.

Why would the wrath heroic daily do what the tbc heroic daily didnt?

1 Like

Heroic+ is a GREAT idea you guys are losing it

1 Like

These people were already going to quit less than a month into the expac so they have to throw a fit to feel good about their decisions

The world buff meta was a joke and completely unnecessary. 40 naked players were doing Onyxia.

As far as Wrath, how is turning the entire dungeon experience into nothing but a Mythic carry selling business a good thing? I play Classic to get away from that Retail garbage.

You’re stuck in the past mate. Every dungeon I ran in Classic up into TBC heroics, we just AOE everything down.

I could understand you having issues with the change, but it seems like your issue is that people will be running dungeons more. You don’t want people running dungeons?

1 Like

That’s not my issue.

Yet, people were required to get those buffs. Changes are good, stop being stuck in the past here. Your nostalgia for a 2008 game is clouding your judgement here.

Well you talked about people being taken out of the world, I guess you meant because they’d be running more dungeons for gear?

I don’t mean literally taking your character out of the world… I mean “takes you out of the world” as in it breaks immersion.

Ahhhh, my bad lol

Then Blizzard needs to suck it up and develop a new game.

1 Like

Comrade it makes people continue traveling the world for the entirety of the expansion. What do you mean? Now instead of doing heroics for 3 whole days for gear, then mindlessly spamming them for valor or w/e the tokens are called, there’s a benefit on top of slowly saving for gear from tokens.

Tell me what’s good about
WTS MYTHIC CARRY x 1000
WTB MYTHIC CARRY x 1000

Because that’s all the Wrath Classic dungeon experience will be.

You tell me to stop pretending it’s 2008. No, because WoW was great back then. And now they’re turning it into Retail, which I despise.

1 Like