Hero talents are junk

So you read, “these are the good, probably OP ones” Doesn’t mean the rest aren’t boring or just meh.

Too bad it’s only funny on Wednesday, when it’s dark, and there’s a new moon. Or of course Friday, if you’re only wearing one shoe.

1 Like

Hero Talents are really not that different than just adding another tier to the Talent Trees like when we went from vanilla > TBC > Wrath. The only difference is we now get to choose Theme A or Theme B.

This is so true. I had someone come at me in the comments of a Youtube video when I said I didn’t like the AP grinds in Legion and BfA. Dude replied with - “So you just don’t want WOW to be WOW anymore?!” It’s like… bruh, did you just start playing WOW in Legion? Still don’t know if they were being serious or just trolling.

1 Like

Hope the pro Hero Talents folks know they’re literally MoP talents all over again. The only difference now is they’re passive/flavor options.

In MoP every node was a choice. The caveat was you get a node on every line.

In TWW some nodes are a choice. The caveat is you get all of the nodes.

They’re literally pulling you back into MoP design and you’re eating it right up. All we need now are those lovely active abilities.

1 Like

They mix the old garbage talents system from Pandaria to Shadowlands with the current one to create an abomination.

2 Likes

Just to be clear, adding more buttons to rotations that are already bloated is not what rogues want. Read the thread: Feedback: Trickster Rogue in The War Within - Classes / Rogue - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

3 Likes

Boring and meh are subjective.

A lot of people think that Colossus is boring, but it think it sounds incredible. A lot of it is opinion based until we get the alpha/beta going to test out how it feels.

1 Like

Even if this were true (which it isn’t in most gameplay), it still plays much more akin to a MOBA than WoW does.

It’s different. Not better, not worse.

You referred to Last Epoch and Diablo 3 in the sense of them having streamlined ability and talent systems when they do not even remotely approach playing in the same way that WoW does or handling ability interaction in the way WoW or most other tab-target MMOs do.

I don’t disagree there, but Blizzard seems obsessed with making Rogue bloated with crap that they have to use that is typically situational.

Trickster is sort of the odd ball out.

2 Likes

I hear a lot of complaining with issues of button bloat. So I don’t think new skills would be a great idea. So what’s left? Have talents modifying existing ones. What else do they have really?

So…is it true then, or isn’t it? :sweat_smile:

How exactly? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

OK, and…I’m not understanding the point you are trying to make here.

The original three talent tree design of WoW came from Diablo 2, an ARPG. Why are we suddenly unable or unwilling to adapt different ways of selecting abilities and talents simply because it was used in a game not called “World of Warcraft”? :woozy_face:

3 Likes

As long as I have a 4+ ability ‘rotation’ its all good, lol

Trickster will be nerfed to the ground before it comes out. I hope everyone FoTMs Rogues xD

It is not specific to the rogue… Every class is bloated.

The trees don’t have options because there are metas that are superior. Just like these “Heroes” will be.

2 Likes

It’s always been this way. Since before TBC (the first expansion) was even released. It’s not now this is the problem. There’s no now it’s ALWAYS been this way.

But that’s human nature it’s not to do with the game it’s a people thing. There’s always going to be disagreement on what is good bad stupid genius etc etc.

You truly can’t please everyone at the same time.

Choice is an illusion. Always has been. Blizzard just won’t admit it.

Trickster will just not go online like this.

It’s badly designed.

1 Like

I’ve been very happy with the talent trees and abilities this expansion. The gameplay hasn’t felt this good in years, and the tier sets provide variety. These hero talents are a mistake. They are unwanted, unsolicited changes that are going to compound class and spec imbalances and unironically cause bloat.

2 Likes

These changes come about like all others on bliz’s end.

us: We want the old content to remain relevant meaning keep a few items and uniques from every dungeon still viable.
Bliz: Oh yes, we will add timewalking and make everything scale to your level. We can regurgitate old dungeons with no programming.

Us: We want harder level content. Meaning more upscaled dungeons and raids.
Blizzard: Oh yes, we will make hard, ultra hard, mythic 1-500. This requires no programming just a scaling formula.

Us: We want our abilities to be optional and able to choose our talents across each of our specs.
Blizzard: We will make the most complicated tree and still not make crossfunctional choice.

1 Like

That is my position as well.

In the early alpha of BFA the Azerite armor were a bunch of neat little passives which I didn’t mind because I thought it was cool.

The problem is that when you had Azerite powers that started to force talent choices which is where it went off the rails IMO.

Right now this looks like a one and done system and not an evergreen system that will be built upon as we progress into the next two expansions after war within.

I am in the wait and see boat on this one.

:surfing_woman: :man_surfing: