Here is the LFG Addon in action! Much worse than you thought

They would need to distribute it as their own addon tho, they don’t have access to the addon. If someone is willing to do a WotlK like DF, its totally possible yes, nothing I will do tho.

but you can also ignore the person saying that in chat too, same result.

I just want to know what people that are looking forward to this are coming to Classic for.

In what way does this improve your game experience for what you expect out of Classic vs what is currently in Retail?

Genuine question.

1 Like

It should not even be an option.

At least in my opinion, make sure I state that because everyone seems to vary on their thoughts and I don’t want to get into a flame war with Plaguelust or Primalmatter. I’m too old. My mind couldn’t keep up.

It should just automatically use the chat that everyone can see, even those without the add-on. By having an option, you’re kind of making it required.

1 Like

The kind of person who would install the add-on is not the kind of player I want to group with anyway.

1 Like

That’s the great thing about software, right? You can change it.

I think I will play whichever version I choose to play and will use whatever addons I want thank you very much. When you start paying my sub you can tell me how to play. Control freaks like you that feel they must exercise their will on people they don’t even know in a video game are the problem… not some addon.

2 Likes

Good luck in classic, boo. You’ll need it with that antisocial personality.

People who don’t want a true Vanilla experience.

1 Like

Interesting - they type of people that would have an issue with players using this addon are they type of people that I would not want to group with. So, I guess we can agree on that much.

I agree.
If it did not allow auto-joining, of any kind, and allowed anyone to see the invite with no option (when it launches not later by phase two or whenever) I wouldn’t have an issue.

of which of course there is only one ‘right’ way to enjoy Classic

2 Likes

Forming groups is a part of that social interaction though. If it wasn’t, then there wouldn’t be a discussion about it. The discussion i’ve been seeing is whether or not those interactions are valuable. My argument is that at face value, they aren’t. But they lead to more meaningful interactions. it’s one part of the puzzle that builds the WoW experience.

So, forming the group in and of itself can be meaningless work with little interaction.
Typing “LF1M” can be meaningless work with little interaction.
/invite can be meaningless work with little interaction.

But to reduce group forming to just those functions diminishes a major aspect of what the game was, and the role it played in the community.

Ok, I had that backward, but it still enforces my point which is systems that weren’t in Vanilla could be added to Classic. And the more we move goal posts on what is acceptable the more likely that is to become. And while standing in a city spamming a chat channel wasn’t the “spirit” of Vanilla WoW, the interactions that arose from that spamming was, which was social interaction and community building. And as Blizzard moved farther and farther away from that we start getting closer and closer to the mess of what retail is today.

As for your addons, Blizzard decided that they were unacceptable. What people who don’t want this addon allowed in Classic would like is for Blizzard to rule the same way for this addon as they did for those macros. We aren’t talking about what was removed and whether is should have been (which is a separate conversation altogether). We’re talking about something we don’t want added as we feel it will damage what Classic is attempting to recapture.

The one without third-party LFG add-ons.

This addon needs to be banned. While LFG tools were a nice addition to WoW, they weren’t part of Vanilla. Having to make friends and form groups through chat was part of what made Vanilla different from retail. These quality of life addons need to be banned to keep Classic WoW authentic.

I’m actually inclined to agree with this. If it was literally nothing more than essentially a bulletin board listing of groups searching for players that essentially aggregates what is already manually listed into trade/general chat, thats fine with me.

the auto joining, the talent viewer, the automated advertising into chat channels though… nope.

1 Like

or the next sky is falling thing

You as a player still have to do the work on it is the point im making it isnt the addon that making the deterministic assumption. You still have to see the color if you use a chat addon or search for that person if you dont. YOu can argue that you are just as efficient about it but, in reality you arent your slower than a program so its still more efficient for the addon to do that automatically.

While this is more Group Finder in the current game as created from Open Raid, the next step would be the Wrath Version without the teleport. I think its possible for a person to get to that point given access to the api. While you may not, there may be another who will run with the idea and see how far the API would let them go.

I enjoyed pugs in Vanilla, was on a mid-sized server, and chat spam was atrocious for getting anyone to even notice you were forming a group. Late in Vanilla when CTA came out for BG group queues, it was a godsend to be able to coordinate anything. A clean add-on that does that for general grouping so I can filter all the nonsense spam in the channels and still form groups while not having to play hopscotch in IF is exactly what I’m looking for.

Ultimately, I’m looking forward to doing the old 5mans and raids again and I already have a guild ready to go. I haven’t played WoW since the end of WoD, and I plan on sharing Classic with my wife and kids who entirely missed it.

The angst over this mod is overblown and silly. The only reason we didn’t have it in Vanilla is because no one thought to make it, much like many other add-ons built in TBC and later based on ideas from older Vanilla add-ons.