Help Repeal "Don't Say Gay" Bill

If they are not, the law has no effect. It would be like a law against hunting unicorns. Where you are falling into a trap here is by even bringing up this point, it is implicit that you want schools to do this.

1 Like

:point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2:

4 Likes

IDK, I havet live in FL since 2002. I have no stake in this game other than someone that this happened to before I was old enough to understand what was happening.

Sure it may be political. I have read things talking about specific incidents but I have no hard proof to show that.

Again other than it being personal, I just HATE when people twist words and lie in politics. don’t say gay is a blatant lie. Just as much as don’t say straight would be. I read the bill because I wanted to understand it. I don’t want the LGBTQ+ community to be treated unfairly, nor do I want kids to be harmed so I try to educate myself on big things like this.

2 Likes

Ignoring the subject of the bill specifically, as someone who has been close with teachers this to me looks like part of a larger overarching problem with overbearing parental control over schools and teachers.

While parents should have some level of control over what their kids are being taught, in many school districts the restrictions have become so convoluted that teachers are perpetually stuck in a field full of land mines which makes it much more difficult to do their job – particularly for those teaching things that have greater cultural context (history, language, literature, etc). The tiniest misstep and suddenly their employment is under fire because some helicopter parents freaked out because their child was exposed to some random bit of non-age-restricted freely available information.

It gets to a point to where you want to tell parents to just go homeschool their kids if they’re so worried about what’s being taught.

If I ever have kids I dunno what I’m going to do to find a good school, because at this point they’ve all been tied up so tightly than my kids will only be getting a hollow husk of an education.

What would be the appropriate reaction if a stranger walked up to a six year old and started talking about sexuality?

Why do we need a law to prohibit this? Why are people championing sex ed for kindergartners? This was a South Park premise it’s such an absurd proposition.

3 Likes

Reading, writing and arithmetic. Those are the things a young mind should know in elementary. Keep the gender roles out of the classroom. That’s the parents job.

3 Likes

I think it was said above, thats one of the main reasons people are against this.

Once you have kids, the world changes. It forces a lot of people to grow up.

You have no idea what people will go through for their kids.

Not at all.
Schools should have 100% transparency with parents of students. That should be a given.
I’m just trying to understand why this poorly written bill was rushed through.
Were Florida schools teaching K-3 sex ed?

I am 100% with you on this. The inflammatory headlines aren’t doing anyone any favors.

1 Like

Well I’d like to think I’m a reasonable approximation of “grown up” by virtue of holding off on having kids until everything is 150% ready. Was also practically a third parent to younger siblings with a huge age gap so while I don’t know the full experience it’s not entirely alien to me.

I also can’t see myself being hyper-controlling of educators. My biggest concern is there not being big holes in the education being given (as is common in history curriculums, for example).

Mainstream media loves to sensationalize. And then they wonder why more and more people think they are dishonest.

I don’t want to, but I will be nice and not come down on you too hard for this fact.

What you find to be a hollow husk is that the teachers should just simply be doing their job. No more, no less. Their own prescription of thought needs to stay in their heads. Just like the rest of us.

As an example, my kids leave school early. The school wants to teach them “Social and Emotional Learning.” That is code here, for ideological conditioning. I opted out and the staff at the school were dropping their jaw as if I had committed a crime. It isn’t their job to teach my children how to socialize, nor is it their job to go through emotional conditioning. They overstepped their bounds, period.

Did that too. As did many parents in the area I live in. It was bad enough that the School Board was forced, not with a smile on their face, to change their curriculum away from all the BS that it seems has crept its way into the Florida School System.

Does this mean you think the school should have some sort of say, outside the parents preview, of what their kids are taught in school. I will stop there, but if that is what you are saying, this bill was created to fight that thinking in particular.

Would not have needed to be a thing, if teachers had stayed in their lane to begin with.

3 Likes

Because they are becoming more and more irrelevant in time. The internet has been the biggest thorn in the CIA sponsored media.

You’re going to find that it’s hard to get support for this. Politicians and social media have frightened people into believing that this is some large scale issues that needs to be addressed. This is just like the witch hunts of the past but on a much larger scale. It’s the same on both sides. People just can’t see that they’re being manipulated for someones else’s benefit.

Oh we hate you. But it has nothing to do with this thread.

I should prolly add in just kidding. :rofl:

1 Like

Ahh, good old general discussion forums… Full of the straights™ having a mental break down over anything LGBTQIA+ related.

“IT’S TROLLING!!!”

So stop taking the bait so hard? No one is possessing any of you phobes to respond. Perriod.

Still kills me thinking back to the coverage of the whole Trayvon Martin thing, they used the lightest picture of the one dude that they could to make him appear white, then when the court case actually happened people are mindblown he’s closer to Latin American heritage than he is white wondering where the white dude they said was the attacker went.

Or you know, us having really bad inflation ever since the lockdowns towards the middle of 2020 that has only steadily been increasing over the last year. “Putin’s Price Hikes”. . . like these were going on well before the Ukraine crap but fortunately a lot of the country has a short attention span. A lot of them also forgot the initial group of people saying to not worry about the pandemic were the Democrats, then when it could be used a political cudgel suddenly they were full on about lockdowns and saying they wanted them from the beginning, despite screaming “xenophobic” at a travel ban from areas afflicted with covid at the time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/time-for-a-reality-check-america-the-flu-is-a-much-bigger-threat-than-coronavirus-for-now/2020/01/31/46a15166-4444-11ea-b5fc-eefa848cde99_story.html

Just gonna leave that there.

Interesting that you can be reported in game for less by chud teens but on the forums stuff like this can go on for days.

Sounds like a sitcom.

You’re not helping.

See, that’s where you’ve got it wrong, no matter how ready you think you might be, you’re not. Raising children is like being in a firefight, the plan goes out the window when the rounds start coming down range at you because it never happens according to the plan. That being said, I wish you the best of luck and much love between you and the children you may one day have or already have. In my experience, love is the best guide to raising children.

Semper Fi! :us: :ukraine:

2 Likes