Help Repeal "Don't Say Gay" Bill

Disney has vowed to help repeal the Bill that discriminates against LGBTIA+ education. It would be great if Activision-Blizzard and the World of Warcraft team would join in this fight to show solidarity.

To show your support, you can create a special item for fundraising such as a rainbow banner that we can wear on our backs or maybe a community driven mount that we can vote on like was done with the Wandering Ancient. The proceeds can go towards activism and legal support to end this unjust Bill.

What kind of fundraising item would you like to see in-game that represents the LGBTIA+ community?

17 Likes

why would i want to repeal it?

51 Likes

They aren’t in Florida so they don’t care.

This thread is going places.

Then probably getting locked in the long run.

7 Likes

It seems to be a foreign concept to some people that everyone doesn’t agree with them.

It’s also April 1st, so this could be a joke/bait thread. Who knows. :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes
  1. The bill sucks and should be abolished.
  2. This is a video games forum for a california based company.
7 Likes

I don’t know if video game companies have to put out an item whenever something political happens.

6 Likes

Here’s the bill.

Parental Rights in Education: Requires district school boards to adopt procedures that comport with certain provisions of law for notifying student’s parent of specified information; requires such procedures to reinforce fundamental right of parents to make decisions regarding upbringing & control of their children; prohibits school district from adopting procedures or student support forms that prohibit school district personnel from notifying parent about specified information or that encourage student to withhold from parent such information; prohibits school district personnel from discouraging or prohibiting parental notification & involvement in critical decisions affecting student’s mental, emotional, or physical well-being; prohibits classroom discussion about sexual orientation or gender identity in certain grade levels; requires school districts to notify parents of healthcare services; authorizes parent to bring action against school district to obtain declaratory judgment; provides for additional award of injunctive relief, damages, & reasonable attorney fees & court costs to certain parents.

https://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/Bills/billsdetail.aspx?BillId=76545

29 Likes

You are not their parent, and it isn’t your place to try and teach children at that age about any of that drivel. If these were older kids then maybe, but it’s downright child cruelty to expect infants to grasp the concepts of gender and sexuality beyond the most basic of concepts, i.e. boy and girl.

47 Likes

Oh man , Skinwalker is grasping at topics to stir the pot :rofl:

[psst. before you troll, read the bill, it ain’t what you say it is]

10 Likes

it’s a little different, but let’s try it first and see how it works before rushing to abolish it.

maybe it will improve things. Give it a chance. Then, with data in hand we can make an educated decision.

2 Likes

No, lol. Penalizing first grade teachers for recognizing gay people exists benefits society 0.

13 Likes

Why does this need to be discussed in the classroom anyway besides the obvious “we won’t tolerate discrimination”? I’m LGBT and I’m glad I went through school in an era where it was treated as something personal and not anyone’s business, having to be part of “discussions” about it would have made me cringe.

LGBT people aren’t zoo animals.

42 Likes

I’m not from the US and I don’t care about that country’s politics when the politics in my own country are even more screwed up so yeah, idc, i have too much to worry about already, i don’t want to come to wow to add more worries to my mind, i’d rather blizzard put the effort to make a better expansion than to get involved with politics.

7 Likes

Some first graders will have gay parents so it’s the dumbest possible law concievable lol.

“Sorry Jimmy, your parents don’t exist until second grade.”

9 Likes

No, it isn’t. You’re trying to conflate acknowledging an individual with what the bill is discussing, i.e. teaching these infants about these concepts. It’s disingenuous at best, and makes you look really bad.

18 Likes

Thats not at all what it does :laughing:

11 Likes

Gay people are part of reality as are straight people. 6 year olds know what their parents are. Impressively dumb.

6 Likes

And it shouldn’t be something talked about in 1st grade by some rando teacher. Something is seriously wrong with you.

28 Likes

Probably a bait thread.

The bill itself is fine though it simply puts more control into the parents hands on what their children are taught at an early age. Early sex education is typically better off covering the basics of how the human body works rather than something as ethereal as different types of sexual orientation and gender studies which should be handled at a later age, if at all in schools. Some things people need to feel out for themselves.

7 Likes