Help me understand SL hate

They really need to at least go back and make Legion soloable since its two tiers behind now. That’s what they’ve always done.

I don’t know if they are trying to save time or want to force people to team up but they’ve never left things before.

They need to just nerf those ghost/invisible worms for M Gul’dan and then do a lot of the burning throne. Seems like a little to me but maybe it really is a pain, I’m not a programmer or anything.

If this is the case, why bother about what others think? Just enjoy the game and have fun. To heck with everyone else’s opinion.

2 Likes

I’m sure there’s some effort involved for sure. I mean they have to adjust loot rules as well for this sort of thing.

But I can’t imagine it’s more work than it’s worth. That’s a lot of added play time for a lot of people.

1 Like

If by casual you mean lazy players then I agree. Anyone is able to get to 1600. That is all you need to be effective in random BG’s.

Dang that’s like, completely missing the problem.

1 Like

When we are regularly seeing “BFA was better” or “BFA was more fun” comments, there’s a problem :laughing:

And it’s not just here, you see similar comments over on reddit, Youtube, MMO-C, etc.

My main hate for sl and bfa was/is the god awful writing of the main story.

The mechanics are niether under nor overwhelming. Rather i feel whelmed and uninterested in the actual mechanics.

The no mounts in the maw is also bs.

I don’t think that solves much though, it would just be a 1 time step change in what people can do and then they still reach the point of being bored with it.

Patches always come out slower than people can consume it, even though 9.1 is longer than normal.

I just take a break at these points. People seem to praise FF14 for taking a break but abhor taking a break in WoW. It’s weird.

Well, I dabble with both games. Two completely different game cultures and progression foci.

And, honestly, if you check the FFXIV forums, they look a lot like these ones with the sort of complaints that pop up after content is consumed.

Content lulls are one thing, but seemingly dry content from the start is Shadowlands’s problem for me. Just too much changed all around, including the handling of content that I previously fell back on, and little of it was for the better.

But on the other hand, I’m enjoying Classic and some Chromie time (to 50) and FFXIV. I got plenty to do, myself. Just none of it is in Shadowlands. It’s just entirely unattractive content to me for reasons I posted above. It has nothing to do with the lull itself, at least not for me.

Yeah, and you have no point.

How, since the vast majority of players don’t use the forums?

You’re a special kind of stupid now aren’t you?

1 Like

I’m torn on TBCC. The original TBC was such a horrible experience for me because the vaunted “community” that people love to wax poetic about was far more toxic than it is today. I mean, as much as people whine and moan about the M+ community nowadays, that was the ENTIRE community back then. Wanted to run a dungeon for gear? Too bad, grind out dailies for months on end to get better gear than what drops in the dungeon itself and THEN we’ll talk about a spot in our group IF you’re a Mage. If not, don’t waste anybody’s time looking for a Normal Dungeon group unless you’re rocking T5+. Wanted to join a guild? Better spruce up that resume, because it’s easier to get a job you’re underqualified for than to join a guild that regularly wipes on trash because the leader’s brother pulls half the room and then Vanishes for laughs.

But at the same time, the game itself is just so much closer to what I want in an RPG. A constant trickle of little upgrades that builds to big, class defining powers. Gaining power when leveling and improving your gear, even if it’s only just an extra spell cast before having to drink again. Classes with truly unique and useful things to bring to a group. Quests that explore what it means to be a member of your class, that reward you with not only a deeper appreciation of your character but nifty new abilities and gear.

So… Do I play a game that I enjoy and risk relying on people that devalue me as a human being because I have an empty trinket slot (or worse, a Green one)? Or do I let the past rot where it fell, and play a game that only holds my interest because my brother also plays it?

It’s not the worst expansion but has suffered from a few problems:

• Development is slow on it. Its first patch has gone on WAY too long.
  • The covenant system hasn’t been perfect. Some like it; a lot of people don’t or feel forced into a role.
  • It’s pretty casual unfriendly. If you don’t do rated pvp, 10+ mythics or raid at or above heroic level your gear is stuck around ilvl 200.
  • Worse, if you ARE casual all you really have to do is collect anima. Which is a horribly slow, alt unfriendly mechanic.
2 Likes

For me, the game feels bogged down by all these systems. Like, I’m raelly wanting to return for 9.1 and finally find a raid group and mythic + friends- but like… Everything is a grind, and not in a fun way.

There’s a system for Legendaries, there’s a system for covenants, and from what I understand I have to do the Maw to get better at Torghast?? Not that I WANT to do Torghast, I just have to do that for Legendaries (I think? Or was it conduit energy? Power?).

Honestly though, I think one of the biggest problems (for me at least) are Covenants and borrowed power.

I’m so sick of borrowed power. It feels like Blizzard keeps giving us these temporary gimmick systems that go away in the next expansion therefor basically ruining any point in doing them.

I feel like this expansion sucks because Blizzard keeps trying to do the next biggest thing and ignoring the player feedback because “You’ll love it once we get it right!”

But they never get it right. If they’d get their heads out of their butts and just focus on what they’re good at: Dungeons, Raids, and Quest, and making the classes fun on their own WITHOUT borrowed power, the game would be a lot more fun.

Instead they put all of their effort into things no one asked for, and systems players ACTIVELY asked them to discard and now we have a mess of an expansion.

1 Like

I think the main reason I’ve been enjoying TBC is the leveling experience. I’ve never been an end game kind of guy. I’m not willing to spend the time it takes or prove myself to anyone. This is a game, not a job, and when you start having to “apply” to be in guilds or groups, then I’m officially done. I think I’m just enjoying the Belf starting zone, and Ghostlands. I’m enjoying the talents and the choices, and the slower pace of it.

I have a feeling that once I reach level 70, I’ll be done with TBC.

3 Likes

If only thousands upon thousand of players told them how bad and punishing it would feel. Especially for those of us who specifically chose our class because we enjoyed playing multiple roles.

The character identity and meaningful choice “goals” ended up failing horridly and turned into the joke of Shadowlands.

2 Likes

I forgot to mention the absolute worst part. I’ve always had problems with WoW disconnecting on me every now and then, but in the past, it was usually because my internet was down. This expansion though, lately, has had me disconnected like 27 times a day, for absolutely no reason. I’ve tried every solution posted around the internet, but nothing works. And I’m not the only one either. Just look at the replies to this thread of mine:

1 Like

There aren’t enough gnomes in SL and I think that is causing some people distress.

there there /gnomehug

1 Like

I remember having to write essay’s when applying to raiding guilds in TBC…

I had bad dc issues early xpac, but was fine in 8.3, turns out it was my modem freely switching frequencies causing the problem for whatever reason. It never did that before (as in caused a problem, but in SL it did)