Heirlooms ruined Wow for me

I know there was a little crossover but they were basically good for one class.

Anyone able to get them will have long ago gotten their first epic and destroyed hundreds or thousands of greens and blues.

3 Likes

Trinkets don’t drop till like the last 10 levels of the now 50, used to be 110. So trinket looms don’t really compete for most of the leveling. No looms you get nothing. Same for neck really.

final 10 to level cap…really sparse drop rate here based on many levels. TOF had some as rewards. Useful if you see them but as a new new player…TOF not an option. 1 char has to run the story to 60 fully (unless changed since I left)

If you look at how the classic community plays the game, they try to skip as much of the leveling experience already… Why make it harder?

I always thought they would be better off as infinitely re-useable enchants for bonus exp, but in the current state of the game I will just take them as they are.

3 Likes

I love this idea!

Because I do agree with the OP that having heirlooms take away from the joy of getting an upgrade while leveling. How many times have I heard warriors talk about their WW axe quest? When a caster got the super rare epic staff from Darkmaster Gandling? There’s a reason heirloom gear looks the way they do. They look like the iconic old-world gear that elicit certain strong memories from people when they see it.

Your idea is the best or both worlds. I wish they would do this!

1 Like

Just adding another sentence a week later…

I posted this on your original post almost a week ago and since this is the same post I’ll just leave this here.

2 Likes

What’s funny is unlike Heirlooms, Cata BoEs actually really screwed up PvP, because they were more powerful than ICC25H gear (and also because Cata greens had the same budget as epics). As an example, a level 78 cata green boe has an ilvl of 278. Cata JC could make level 79 blue boe rings with an item level of 300, 16 ilvls higher than RS25H gear.

So what happened is in the 75-79 bracket, there’d be your regular leveling ppl in their weak Northrend quest gear (mostly 138-154 ilvl gear and BC gear), and then twinks in full 272-300 ilvl blue and green Cata boes, with >5x the HP and 10x the damage. They were literally one-shotting everyone else, even ppl in Heirlooms. This was also never fixed, lasting until the WoD stat squish.

But I doubt OP considers that a problem, since he’ll prob be doing just that with Cata Classic.

1 Like

If they had restricted the number of heirlooms someone could wear, that would’ve made a HUGE difference. Max of three heirlooms, slot restrictions, basically “supplemental gear so experienced players aren’t fighting new players for items” would’ve been ideal.

Omg, cata boe’s were crazy, you could get them super early and just destroy things.

1 Like

there’s already only like 4 you can get, 5 if you happen to win the fishing event, so why restrict it to only having 3 of them?

2 Likes

Well, if people weren’t jackasses charging 100s of gold for basic greens and if we had RDF to actually get blues early on people wouldn’t necessarily need heirlooms.

Quite a pickle.

But again, the devs want us to experience the “Social” aspects of the game. Aren’t we having fun?

4 Likes

Because three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three.

1 Like

Then they added transmogs, making BoE greens worth a small fortune (even with crappy stats.)

Yeah. Every low level green boe went from basically pennies on my realm to hundreds if not thousands overnight once Transmog dropped.

I didn’t have any issues competing in my ICC H gear with people in Cata Greens, the set bonsues really offset the higher item level, i didnt replace it till i think 82/83

low level pvp? lol

oh boo hoo, people aren’t buying your overpriced leveling items anymore. you were being scummy to begin with for selling leveling items for hundreds of gold.

this isn’t ruining any experience for anyone. if they have heirloom gear they’ve already experienced getting random drops.

1 Like

I’m talking about leveling bgs for the 75-79 bracket. Folks in their Northrend/BC greens got destroyed by Cata BoE “twinks.”

Yea, and? That gear was on the AH was really really easy to get, and really really cheap

I think Heirlooms were a dumb idea because they devalued dungeon items in those slots like the ravager or raging berserkers helm and Tusken Helm.

It also looked kind of silly to be partially decked out in this stuff at level 15.

But, I doubt they’ll be removed, just don’t use them and take it in solace that you’re more likely to win rolls on the gear in those slots now.

if you care about your rpg experience
dont use them

2 Likes