Heirlooms.. Overhaul or Remove?

I spent way too much gold to get these updated, and I don’t use all of them just one set of each gear type does the trick and it keeps me from worrying about looking for an upgraded piece as I’m leveling.

I sometimes don’t see another upgrade piece for 10 levels as I’m quest leveling. No need to remove something people spent gold on.

You can upgrade them for free with time badges and holiday currency.

Yes, I do agree it’s expensive, but no need to remove them if people can’t afford them.

Overhaul.

Heirlooms are a pretty terrible investment with how easy leveling is and how expensive maxing out heirlooms are.

I’m all for it at this point. Why be afraid of stepping on toes now when they didn’t care before? What happeend?

There should be a stacking 20% experience buff (account wide) for every level capped character on your account.

3 Likes

You do realize they overhauled it like a year ago, and they are in fact weaker then dungeon or quest rewards in terms of armor/stat value for an item of the same ilvl… the bigest benefit of the heirlooms is set bonuses for extended rested xp, which is now mute as you can lvl in 8 hours to 70. And the burst of knowledge which is a temporary buff. Yes the cost of upgrades is a little high but most that actively use the heirlooms are only buying the most recent upgrade as they already previously maxed it.

As someone who has 20+ max alts id be behind this. Id love to tap a wolf/boar and hit max lvel lmao

But its not that expensive to upgrade, i can name dozens of other things that cost more but you have to buy multiple

The set bonus is useless if you actively play alts. I only upgraded weapons, rings and trinks using tw badges to buy upgrade tokens this expansion. Without xp bonus, and with nerfed stats they are not much worth the gold sink nowadays. Wouldn’t remove them, just add a wrist, and belt to make the heirloom sets complete.

I tend to agree, the upgrade cost feels punitive now.

My suggestions would be to increase the upgrade cost slightly but instead of having to upgrade a cloth helm, a leather helm a mail helm etc… just have it as a ‘headpiece appropriate for your character’s armour type’… or ‘a two handed weapon appropriate for your class and spec’ … sorta thing

Just make the gear look generic, most people transmog it all anyway, and if people still want the heirloom appearances then add them as a trial of style set or something…

Heirlooms share the same appearance as the old vanilla dungeon sets (aka T0 and T0.5) which you can get replicas from the Darkmoon Faire.

I love the heirlooms and have deeply enjoyed the process of updating and gathering them. It was definitely costly to do so, but it’s optional. I even went back and farmed the rings from the naval missions quest and had fun doing so. I’m happy that they integrated it all into one screen where you can access the ones you have unlocked on alts. On the classic server, mailing them around and sharing them with alts is definitely more tedious.

Current state of heirlooms is a W for Blizz devs imo.

initially they were nerfed due to new players complaining that they did not have them inside dungeons and in PVP events, so much complaints the devs nerfed them.

Heirlooms are dog doo now. They totally dissed us with the changes from their useful xp buff to the current buffs. Especially with the BG xp trinkets that are now worthless. They should definitely reinstate useful buffs on them, or refund us our gold, or really anything other than what they’ve done.

Surly it was more ,back then the rings and neck had main primary stats ,they nerfed them before we even had them as basic.So this was a plan they wanted to do ahead of time. The stats were good I guess too good that they were burning content .So they got what they wanted and changed the loot in the dungeons to match the nerfs of the heirlooms,so nothing is better than the other.

i’m wondering if it was part of a mass ninja gold sink. plenty of players sunk tens (maybe hundreds) of thousands of gold into those and they are now listed as 5/6 levels on my end, I am not wasting anymore gold.

It’s insane to me that people still cry about not getting an XP bonus on heirlooms. You can get to DF content in a day right now. You need that faster?

I do also love that people specifically make a new character to make these whiny posts with.

It definitely feels bad that I spent as much gold as I did on items that offered me a raw increase in xp gained that are now outclassed by some dungeon blues in terms of stats and only offer meager set bonuses.

Frankly speaking, I don’t care how heirloomed characters look to new players. It doesn’t matter for them whether not my alts are super-geared monsters or not. I like it when I can turbo-stomp old content and blast through the levels.

They ruined heirlooms when they removed the increased XP gain from them.

1 Like

Useless for the most part

I don’t care that I can get to DF content in a day. 1) I don’t have that kind of time unless it’s weekends and 2) I despise leveling. The quicker I can blast through it the better. I don’t care about the story. Just end game content whether that is raiding or PvP.

1 Like