Heirlooms are trash now

I was really hoping they weren’t going to utterly trash heirlooms for the people that put time and money into getting them and leveling them up.

But good to know blizzard is forever able to balance out any excitement with utterly ruining another aspect of the game.

198 Likes

Ok, thanks for sharing

57 Likes

Oh no, I can’t get my extra XP boost for my 7 hour leveling, and instead get other multiple boosts that make killing monsters super easy after a level up and rested XP is better. What will I do?

84 Likes

are they at least good enough to quest with

2 Likes

Heirlooms are fine. They have just been repurposed because of obsolescence.

21 Likes

I’m not seeing the issue really. Rested XP lasts 60% longer, regen faster while leveling, boosts every ding…

22 Likes

still gonna be BIS until the max level, and now they even get more boosts than just a straight XP one

8 Likes

Weapons are still very useful.

3 Likes

The set bonuses are garbage.

Basing a set bonus around not playing your character and leveling up while turning in quests is beyond lame design.

59 Likes

I just wore mine on a pally and felt pretty strong. The lack of xp boost sucks but they still felt good.

4 Likes

Ah yes, because a straight number increase isn’t super lame at all.

3 Likes

I really think the 6 piece set bonus should either have been a boost to speed after a kill or mount summon reduction because unless your certain classes like druid or shaman it would be rather convenient in killing off the downtime you spend going from mob to mob.

16 Likes

That was the point of heirlooms since their inception. If you didn’t want the exp boost, why were you wearing/purchasing them?

But please. Make sure to kill the random critter on the ground to make use of your “buff” when you turn in a quest. That is, after logging into it after not playing it for a week intentionally to make use of the “bonus”.

38 Likes

I don’t get your issue… leveling is MUCH faster now. Why do you need xp bonuses on top of that?

10 Likes

oh snap, we have another keyword accomplished!
i’ve almost checked off the entire list, and it’s still early.

everyone take a shot

20 Likes

They seem fine to me. What’s your issue?

Ah maybe because they were the BIS item until their max cap… maybe that was why? But why would that make sense? An item that can be transmogged from level 1 that you never have to change out that is BIS? Crazy… Who would want that?

3 Likes

the bonus set is just garbage.

they ignored the feedback and refused to change them.

28 Likes

The gear leveling with you isn’t the issue we are discussing.

1 Like

this just wasn’t the case.
…especially with gear rewards having a chance to forge.

3 Likes