Heirlooms are trash now

Well leveling is still much faster now so… why are you even crying still?

3 Likes

The set bonuses are garbage.

13 Likes

XP aside; item level and enchant should scale to your level. Isn’t that good enough for lowbie gears?

1 Like

And…? Is there anything else?

Great, thanks for your valuable input.

1 Like

Ahh Patch day. The day of complaints and people acting like they never once complained and are above it.

5 Likes

Speaking pre-squish they were ok ilevel-wise, about on par with anything you get unless it WF/TFs and then it’ll be better until you level a few times. I just had to level my monk from 45-50 and that seemed to be the case as well. The reality is they’re now more of a convenience item in that you don’t have to think about most slots of gear.

IMO: Heirloom power needs to be buffed a good 10-15% or so to make them indisputably better. I also think rounding out sets is in order by now. They seemed to stop introducing items because they didn’t want to keep introducing more EXP gains, but heirlooms no longer do that sooooooooooooooooo.

10 Likes

But you don’t need to go any faster… its already much faster… now they are just gear that levels up with you.

You don’t seem to get that the xp bonus isn’t needed, but I guess it doesn’t really matter what you think.

1 Like

Yeah, the rested bonus is just nonsense. Makes heirlooms only good if you never play the character. How does that make sense.

9 Likes

Because that’s why I bought and upgraded my heirlooms, because they gave an xp bonus.

12 Likes

My suggestion is - for all your alts that you don’t plan to play constantly at first, or that you are still levelling, equip them with the heirloom pieces that are part of the set and let them sit in a rested location. By the time you get around to playing them, you will have full rested on them and get the set bonus. Then make sure to just park them in the city when you are finished.

Levelling is very fast now. While I am somewhat sad I paid much gold to upgrade them, I can’t deny I got my gold’s worth of levelling out of them along the way.

8 Likes

You don’t need the bonus anymore…it’s almost bonkers fast as is.

1 Like

Heirlooms are in one of the best spots they could possibly be in atm.

2 Likes

They’re fine. I got tens of days of use out of them, and expect to use them plenty more in the future. They help cushion gear lag significantly. If I was blizzard I wouldn’t even keep the set, just raw stats. Blizzard tried being nice and gave a set bonus.

2 Likes

said no one ever

What is needed and what is unneeded is not for you to decide. I want more xp off the items that cost me a small fortune to buy and upgrade. And I used to have that. How would you feel if you bought a car and when it was delivered it was a candy bar?

11 Likes

Heirlooms are perfectly awesome to me still. They level with me, I enchant them once and that scales with me, too.

That’s all I need. I got 12 years of use out of them for my currencies and I’ll get more years out of them now. I’m perfectly content.

10 Likes

Leveling base line is faster, you get a bonus for leveling up so you can level even faster. I honestly think it evens out in the end, gear that scales, makes you super powerful, and leveling in general can be done in less than a day.

I understand your complaint and not trying to dismiss it, just trying to point out the advantages. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Except it’s a car that you’ve had for over a decade, dude. You got your money’s worth. And you’ll continue to get more out of them. Leveling is stupid fast. The XP isn’t needed. Relax.

4 Likes

I want my refund.

Lets get that ball rolling.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

3 Likes