Dear New Players

LOL yup, the very tradition of every prelaunch! It wouldn’t be WoW without it. :grin:

1 Like

I feel like by the time the new players find about the forums, they are not new players anymore.

Took me 2 years to become basically addicted to the silent hole of despair and complaints that are the forums.

I’m here for all the snacks promised in this thread. I could smell them from Northrend.

:wave: :wave:

Started playing 6 months ago. Was on the forums within a month.

I’m in a guild which has got quite a few new people who’ve only just started playing as well. We exist.

1 Like

OP, what fun we wouldn’t be playing for hours and then we’ll set to hours getting our addons update and rearrange our bars by that time I’ll be asleep.

someone needs to compile the “take a shot!” keyword list.

something like:

heirlooms
small indie company
if i wanted to be 60, i’d play classic
nobody asked for this change
x class is ruined
aoe WUT?
why don’t my addons work?

etc

2 Likes

I was extremely pleasantly surprised by OP’s tone. I was expecting a heaping mound of salt. Well done, OP :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Outstanding post! As a new player it’s appreciated.

2 Likes

Cool, I mean I expected a few but not very many.

I’d assume that people getting stuck at home because of Covid did bring in new players along with the returning players who stopped playing a decade ago.

1 Like

Dear New Players,

For real ultimate power mail Hamstar-Draktharon 5000 gold.

Sincerely,
Hamstar-Draktharon

1 Like

I think you meant ‘Dear new Forum users’.

This kind of negativity is quite exclusive to the forums. Even experienced players who had a great time in BFA but are new to the forums will come here and believe the game is horrible.

1 Like

I dunno about that. Yes, a new player will have to go through Exile’s Reach, but anyone who is interested in lore, RP, or just doing something different is likely to try the “classic” starting zones sooner or later on an alt.

I do think that should be unlocked when you get a character to (say) 25, not 50. Don’t make someone go all the way to max before they decide their initial choice wasn’t the best. (Obviously you can roll a new Exile’s Reach alt at any time, but I think that more starting choices should be available sooner.)

I’ve gotten so used to toxicity and nastiness, it’s hard to tell if someone’s being genuinely kind or sarcastic.

Is this a trap?

If not, great! Have fun pre patch! :slight_smile:

1 Like

“pull the ripcord”

Take whatever advice “Experienced Players” say to you in new player chat with a grain of salt. Most players that are able to join will be elitists that think they know everything. There were certain achievements that needed to be accomplished in order to be representative of the community and unfortunately they picked achievements that are held by people that may have paid gold or took shortcuts to achieve.

Blizzard seems to think that these players will be the most helpful and friendly, they are dead wrong.

Your best bet would be to ask a person in LFG. There are lots of people who have accomplished quests, do mount and pet farms and know their class inside and out who were not invited to the chat.

Welcome to the game and give it a chance. There is a reason its been around for 15 + years and still going strong.

2 Likes

I don’t understand when people say “Finally playable” like it wasn’t already playable lol. I played all through out BFA and sure I didn’t care for some of the things they had but it sure wasn’t unplayable haha.

2 Likes

And all those complainers will still be around next expansion .

1 Like

No such thing as new players to WoW. If they do continue to play it is because a friends forced them to do it. As a RPG it has one of the most broken story lines in RPG history that a new player will never be able to follow or understand. As a MMO I can play with more people at once in Fall Guys then I can in WoW. So its hardly a MMO either anymore.