Heirloom item refunds

If you didn’t know before, you now at least have a better understanding of how the forums run around here! Have fun with that leveling though, I’m hiding here to avoid it. :grin:

2 Likes

The 60 seconds it might take to tell the OP, “Sorry but we cannot refund your gold,” is not the problem with ticket queue times.

Not for 1 contact, no. But this topic has been shared around the forums a few times since I posted my first response. Folks have been referencing this topic for information on the subject.

If that results in hundreds of people opening tickets “just in case”, it can add up.

In general, you are right, and there are a lot of situations where Game Masters can help with mistakes. This specific situation is not one of them though.

Edit: As an aside - I do like that the forums tell me when a post I made is shared in other topics. It keeps me aware of how information is being used/shared. That’s really useful to our team :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Multiply that by a potentially large pool of people who go that route in hopes of a refund, no matter that they bought their heirlooms five minutes ago or back when they were first released. It’s not realistic in this vein when you’ve got people who will do anything to scam the system or try to get some extra gold, no matter how easy it is to earn more. I’m all for submitting tickets if there is a potentially different result, but when it’s something like this that has been responded to? It’s a waste of everyone’s time.

And raising hopes when there is a pretty definitive response here? It’s not playing a constructive devil’s advocate. It’s almost a reckless thing honestly. People come here looking for help and advice, and to see someone pushing in a way that may benefit them? They’re not going to look at everything else being posted.

5 Likes

I wasn’t raising hope. I was tempering hope. The guy had an expectation that he was entitled to a refund. I tempered that expectation while giving him the means to try anyway.

It’s better also to be upfront about bad news, than to string them along.

6 Likes

It’s probably best not get into a back and forth on another topic. Telling someone to put in a ticket to just to ask will give a lot of other people to put in tickets to ask as well.

We don’t need a repeat threat on who’s right and who’s wrong.

3 Likes

Like where I used the terms “unlikely” and “rare” in the first five words of my post.

I think the point has been made, lets not derail the topic with this any further.

9 Likes