Heirloom item refunds

The Devs do not come to any of the Support Forums for feedback & the Support Forum Agents here are not liaisons to them.

So, if you wish to provide constructive feedback, then you will need to submit it through the proper channels.

General Discussion forum can be used as a catch-all for feedback that doesn’t have a better fit in another forum.

3 Likes

There is some player culpability here, as it’s not news that has been hidden away. It’s up to us as players to be aware of what is going on as news is released and this news has been around for some time now. The XP bonus is going away, but they are working on something to make up for it’s removal. So file a ticket as it has been mentioned because there are no GMs here to see this, but I sincerely doubt a refund will be forthcoming.

9 Likes

I’m pretty sure the heirloom will be pretty good for leveling, just no xp bonus. The fact they automatically level with your character is quite the bonus. Less gear to worry about when you have to upgrade.

It’s not like they are gonna remove them completely.

10 Likes

It should be noted that only certain heirloom slots give a experience boost, and those that do will have this stat eventually replaced. That combined with the fact that this gear will still level with you, plus the levelling experience being cut down, should make this gear even more desirable.

Ultimately though there is no email address to request this, and gm staff probably can’t help either. I would also urge you to add your voice to many of the threads already existing on the general discussion forum.

11 Likes

There is no e-mail. You can add your feedback to the General Forum, or use the in-game Suggestion tool. What you are wanting to suggest is for the Developers to change the policy of not refunding resources for changes to the game.

This is not something that is currently offered, so there is no “compromise” or “solution”, at least in the sense you want. The current policy is that when changes happen within the game, players are meant to adapt to it.

Lastly, to touch on this, you are getting what you paid for. The heirlooms are not going away, and they will be available for use while leveling from 1-50 in Shadowlands. One particular stat is being replaced on heirloom items, but they will still function the same.

As for that stat, the leveling experience itself is being reworked, so the boost is no longer needed. There will be something new on the items, but it has not been announced yet.

9 Likes

It’s unlikely, but in rare instances, they might refund your gold for something like this. It needs to be very recent. A week might not be recent enough. If it were, say, the next day then you might stand a better chance. Also, have you used the upgraded heirlooms at all? Making use of them would probably also reduce the likelihood of a refund. But it certainly can’t hurt to ask. You can try this link for your request, but temper your expectations.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/464/ticket

Personally, I’m excited to see what the new bonus is on the gear. The XP was really, really good, so I’m expecting something awesome.

I do think you are mistaken, no matter the time. This is a published change, openly discussed on the forums etc. Lack of research on the buyers part is not grounds for a refund. I know you said rare, but I don’t want to get their hopes up at all, as it simply is not going to happen.

Of course just my opinion, but it is opinion grounded in tons of circumstances such as this and a consistent result and outcome.

13 Likes

Even though they are removing the XP bonus, I still upgrade all the pieces of heirloom gear I have, if I’m going to go level a character.

Does it bother me that I’ve spent 30k gold or more on heirloom upgrades (for that character), in which a third of their uniqueness is going away, no. Also, by the time I’ve hit max level, and geared it out in WQ gear, I’ve made most of that gold back.

If we think back, Vanilla WoW Epic Mount training was 1k gold without Rep, 900 with. Now, it’s like 40-50g depending on Rep. Did they refund all those players with that very much hard earned gold (no sarcasm, gold was difficult to obtain back then), nope.

So, why would now be any different?

7 Likes

But they still asked, so why would people not ask for Heirloom refunds lol.

1 Like

Because there have already been responses from the SFAs in response. To keep asking is for lack of a better or nicer word - foolish.

5 Likes

Say for instance, if they completely revamp the crafting professions, and change most of how it works, are people going to ask for refunds, of course. I expected Blizzard to change things up from time to time, and it is up to ME to adjust with it.

People lose gold or other in-game currencies for changes made to the game for every expansion.

It is not a game-breaking decision they are making.

4 Likes

What does SFA stand for?

Also, is there a downside to asking?

I specifically said it would be rare and I specifically said to temper expectations. It hurts nothing to submit a ticket to request it.

Support Forum Agent

2 Likes

So people should shutup unless decisions break the game?

SFA stands for Support Forum Agent - usually referring to one of us that post in this forum specifically. We’re not technically Community Managers and we’re not Game Masters.

It can inflate the queue and wait times for topics that we are actually able to assist with. So while no personal harm, it can increase the time it takes for another player to receive assistance.

I responded here with the goal of expectation setting. This is not a service the Game Master team is going to be providing. If anything changes in regards to that, I would expect it to be more broadly communicated.

9 Likes

Want to know a secret? I had no idea I was in the support forums :blush:

5 Likes

/wave :slight_smile:

Welcome welcome

5 Likes

Except that it does when it inflates ticket queue times with something that has already been addressed, which in the broader view of things isn’t really constructive seeing as they’ve finally been able to keep their ticket response times back to normal. So in a sense, it is kind of pointless. If it changes, it will be announced. Just like it was announced about the upcoming changes of the removal of the XP boost.

6 Likes

:wave:

Guess that’s my hint to get off the forums and get back to leveling :rofl:

2 Likes