Heirloom Changes Discussion

It could be a buff that allows me to look at a zone and immediately kill all mobs in it and it’ll still be just as useless if its uncontrollable.

As people have said some bonuses are underwelming. Particularly the (3) and (4) sets.

(4) set: There a lot of problems with this. First off, as described it doesn’t seem to proc on spell damage, rather on player, which will favor melees rather than rangeds.
Second, level ups rarely occurs on mob kill, so it will be a waste.
I think a good replacement could be leveling up grants 40% primary stat for 5-10 minutes and short bonus movement speed on kill (like War Machine talent from warriors) excluding player vs player.

(3) set is nice for dungeons, it will reduce the downtime between pulls to healers to top off our hp bars. However, as we will level up more in outdoor content due to 1 xpac = lvl 50, it seems kinda pointless. Something in the lines of reduced hearthstone cd, ground mount speed bonus, or mount cast speed bonus. Anything could be make for it to be more appealing.

3 Likes

You can control it by watching your XP bar and premeditate a path of murder and destruction to use it on.

Yup.

Removing player agency is the theme of shadowlands. Not good. :thinking:

3 Likes

You know what I would like on heirloom gear?

Auto vendors.

When I loot, immediately and automatically vendor all the grays.

If I don’t have to stop to empty my bags every ten minutes, leveling would be smoother.

And maybe heirloom bags that are unique (so you can have one good bag on your new alt; just ONE bag).

4 Likes

So once you use the rested xp up they are useless bonuses. I would like all my gold back and you can have the heirlooms back Please.

4 Likes

I’m not mad. I’m just disappointed.

4 Likes

Something like an incinerator that rewards you coin for using it.

YES

1 Like

So this mean we arent getting refunds for the thousands of gold expended on heirlooms?

2 Likes

Absolutely useless buffs for only 770,000 gold!

8 Likes

Can’t say I care for this. Rested xp doesn’t apply to quest xp so who cares? So what if the leveling speed is twice as fast now. What’s the big deal if it’s 3 times as fast if you’ve invested all that gold in your heirloom gear in the first place. Gold sink or time sink blizzard, pick a lane. This seems like a pretty obvious ploy to keep people in the game longer to appease shareholders. Arguably, you could make these set bonuses powerful enough so that you’re completing quests that much faster so the loss of the quest xp evens out, but these set bonuses don’t seem to accomplish that either.

5 Likes

not a fan , please try again.

7 Likes

It is straight up theft and very sad to see the WoW veteran community treated like this.

Circle the wagons because as WoW veterans we have to rally and look after each in these dark times of WoW.

:100:

7 Likes

From what I can tell about the Rested XP addition is it’s appealing to the altoholic.

An altoholic will have tens and tens of alts under level that just sit gathering dust because the player can’t get to and level all of them in quick time.

Absolutely do not like these set bonuses and without the stats being buffed there is a huge chasm between what we have now for our Heirlooms are where you’re going Blizz.

Rested bonus’ for two of the set bonus’? Why? Its so useless overall, and compared to what we have now. The bonus buff on level that damages things? very concerned there. And the regeneration bonus? come on…

5 Likes

You know what?

The WoW community is often depicted as being toxic by outsiders. But on this issue of heirlooms we are united with the concept that veteran WoW players deserve to be treated better with the investment of heirlooms over the years.

Just my two cents.

:100: :100: :100:

6 Likes

I dunno, I’m an altoholic and it’s not very appealing to me. Pretty disgusting honestly.

10 Likes

I have got to laugh at people demanding refunds for their heirlooms. You all had 6 expansions to reap the benefits of the xp bonuses.

It’s like those people who abuse lifetime warranties trying to return something that they’ve obviously worn into the ground,

they should have done something like speed boost and/or maybe a small amount of extra gold dropped from mobs and possibly quest rewards.

4 Likes

Up to 13 heirlooms can be equipped simultaneously, so bonuses should go all the way up to a 12 piece bonus IMO.

4 Likes