Heirloom Changes Discussion

Since the blue post is in the Shadowlands Beta forum that I can’t comment on…
I would have much preferred a movement speed increase for the bonuses, but with what Blizzard has decided on, it seems like the 4-peice bonus is out of whack and a lot worse than the other bonuses.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/the-new-leveling-experience-and-heirlooms/603129

11 Likes

This is such a kick in the shins. Like we pay any attention to hp/mana while leveling anyway.

34 Likes

Yeah, I’m going to rely on the bit which says “subject to change” or whatever.

Those stats are a flipping joke.

Rested experience only accrues up to a max of roughly 1.5 levels. Even if you have the 6 piece set, it’ll only reduce it by 60% … which is what … another level’ish for 2.5 levels? And to get this much rested, you literally have to park your alt for about a month and not play it.

Then the whole 2 minute buff crap? Really??

26 Likes

Glad we spent the gold/honor/time/etc for absolute garbage buffs going forward. Dropped the ball on this one Blizzard

40 Likes

Just allow us to get refunds.

39 Likes
  • (2) Set: Rested experience consumed is reduced by 30%.
  • (3) Set: Increases your out-of-combat regeneration in the outdoors, normal dungeons and battlegrounds.
  • (4) Set: Gaining a level triggers Burst of Knowledge, dealing Holy damage to nearby enemies and granting you 40% primary stat for 2 minutes. Defeating additional enemies extends this effect, up to 2 additional minutes.
  • (6) Set: Rested experience consumed is reduced by an additional 30%

So they removed bonus xp because it wan’t necessary as so many people were saying, they then replace it with a worse version of bonus xp? This is brilliant!

31 Likes

Out of combat regen should be replaced with a speed boost imo

It’s borderline pointless.

Edit: The fourth set bonus is equally as useless, you’re going to trigger that exactly 50 times with the heirlooms on, 40 if you start from lvl 10.

16 Likes

Ugh… I’m just going to love gaining a level while I’m in town and being immediately put into combat because the buff whacked some rat nearby.

Better yet, I turn in a quest in Booty Bay, hit someone of the opposing faction and get ganked by the guards.

The least they could do would be to drop the stupid attack and make the 40% stat buff constantly on. But, yeah, I’d prefer a run speed boost in there somewhere.

13 Likes

3 out of the 4 of those set bonuses seem rather pointless. Leveling will be so fast that rest XP wont be that big of a deal, and out of combat regen is pointless unless they’re going to return to the days where we needed to stop to drink/eat every few mobs.

Feels like they’d just be better off offering some kind of damage proc/buff or doing something like increased movement speed.

9 Likes

It really would have been nice if the blue post had been in general discussion or something so that it would have had more visibility and not limited to discussion from those already in the beta only. :unamused:

15 Likes

That… Sucks.

Also they need to buff the stats back up again.

16 Likes

Do people realize that the new leveling experience in shadowlands is faster than BFA leveling with heirlooms? The changes look good. You cant expect then to keep the heirlooms as is. It would be a 2 hour leveling experience if they kept heirlooms as is. Sometimes things your purchase diminish in value, such is life.

6 Likes

They don’t care.

1 Like

The changes currently are underwhelming. I know that leveling is supposed to be faster now, but this is not equal to the previous bonus.

• The two rested experience bonuses are bad ideas. It essentially asks you not to play to gain a bonus. Why?

• The 4 set is fine, I guess, it’ll depend on the proc rate.

• The 3 set is to early to judge. It could be okay, but just looking at it, it seems lackluster. We don’t take much damage as it, and without knowing the value of the effect, I can’t say how good it is.

Please, consider adding an effect that increases damage done directly. The proc of holy damage might be useful, but how often will it proc.

For me, the idea of a good bonus from heirlooms decreases the time it takes to level. Be that directly through XP gains, or increased player power. The set bonuses slightly increase player power, but the rested XP part is irrelevant for those who wish to level consistently.

I appreciate the communication.

5 Likes

Think it’s more that these changes are widely limited in their use comparatively.

6 Likes

I think (most) people realize that the leveling experience is faster in shadowlands and are not asking to keep the XP bonus. We’d just like the replacement bonuses—say, slight movement speed buffs for every 2 pieces—to be as useful as the XP bonus is now.

11 Likes

The proc rate is when you gain a level.

Unrelated to the above: I don’t necessarily care about losing the xp bonus but these are really lackluster alternative bonuses.

7 Likes

I don’t know what I was expecting, but this sure isn’t it. I think I’m leaning toward wanting a refund now.

13 Likes

I am not too thrilled with the heirloom changes since I invested a considerable amount of gold upgrading mine and then my wife and kid’s pieces as well. If leveling is as easy as it is being reported then I can get over it.

6 Likes

This is really disappointing. For all that gold spent I was hoping for some sort of extra damage/damage effect or movement speed buff.

14 Likes