Health Potion Changes ... Blizzard are clueless

EDIT: Based on some of the responses, I need to clarify … This thread is only about Health Potions … and NOT in the context of Raid fights. This has a much bigger imact on mythic+ and solo questing, leveling or even leveling/dungeons

Honestly don’t know what to say … But the health potion changes are yet another example of Blizzard being completely out of touch with how people actually play the game, then lying about problems that don’t exist in order to justify a change they know almost everyone will hate.

The excuse of potions being a hassle is fake … The excuse that people want potion usage to be more “strategic” is literally the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. And the cost is not prohibitive.

Who are the people making these decisions? Do they actually play the game? This is right up there with clueless and the bone-headed GCD and AOE cap changes. And their excuses are not real and never once on the forums, in game, with guildies have I ever heard someone complain about using potions. So what underlying goal are trying to accomplish (that they’re not telling us about)? My only guess is, they really just want to slow the game down to a crawl to be casual friendly as possible?

TL;DR
I know this sounds kind of ranty, but for the life of me, I just can’t understand how Blizzard makes these types of decisions that have little to no benefit and totally screw over the players.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/health-potions-update/623529

5 Likes

Any plans on telling us what you’re on about, or do we have to guess?

2 Likes

There you go

1 Like

Name one way this will effect you.

2 Likes

I mean… Blizzard goes back and forth between being able to spam potions and having potions on cool-down so often that I just gave up on potions entirely unless it’s pre-potting DPS potions for when it’s time to get serious.

1 Like

I like them normalizing the way potions work btw. They could reduce the cd, but this is totally fine in my opinion.

5 Likes

Thank you.

I don’t see a problem.

3 Likes

I mean… do people even use potions? besides pre-potting before a boss pull? :thinking:

So over a 10-minute boss fight you might get two health potions if you need them, rather than one? This doesn’t exactly sound like a huge game-breaking change.

8 Likes

This is literally only a positive. Fights that last 5 minutes or less? It’s no different than before. Fights longer than that? You get an extra potion.

If you want to whine about them being out of touch, you should make sure you’ve got your head screwed on straight first. Or you could have waited until their post on combat potions (if they haven’t already made one) since those are actually negatively effected with the removal of pre-potting.

4 Likes

I like the fact that they kept healthstones and the kyrian potions on a separate cd from the health potions. I don’t see how that screws over players.

3 Likes

Someone somewhere mentioned COPIOUS usage of pots in M+. I don’t know if that’s true, I don’t M+ or follow M+ but assuming it is true it feels like more punishment for everyone to deal with a certain sect of players. AoE cap and potion change should be M+ only again ASSUMING that the reason is what I mentioned, I honestly don’t know.

Talk about complaining for the sake of complaining

2 Likes

Actually I thought when they went to the One use per fight it was the biggest bone head move they could have made… Putting it back on a CD is the way it was originally designed.

I hate the change for solo and M+ stuff, I used them basically on CD as it is. It is actually a buff for long raid fights, but it really sucks outside of those things. Blizzard, consider a smaller CD outside of raids or just put it back.

2 Likes

What a stupid change.
Blizzard out here making up problems and fixing them again.

3 Likes

Maybe they are thinking the harder it is to keep your health up the more often you have to run back to your body , the more longer you play ?

I’m talking about Health Potions only here … And yes, people use them A LOT mythic+ … especially with mechanics that do an abundant amount of damage on a regular basis … ie, unavoidable damage like the bursting affix or Cragmaw’s tantrum ability

Or poorly geared alts. I’ve leveled quite a few alts this patch to 120 … monk, warlock, priest, warrior, mage, DH … For everyone (excet maybe DH), I used healing potions all the time, as each character started off poorly geared and in 8.3 content hits like a truck for poorly geared characters.

Also, leveling tanks, I have a warrior, DK, Druid, monk … even with heirlooms, I used to healing potions all the time, simply to help out any poor healers that either had no gear or just didn’t know how to heal.

I mean, in general, I used health potions all the time in any number of scenarios … There is literally no reason for this.

1 Like

Might be better for extremely longs fights, but makes no difference on shorter fights, which is the majority, and it’s a massive nerf to M+ survivability.

2 Likes