Health Potion Changes ... Blizzard are clueless

You’ve got my attention…

And you lost it…

I always thought the cool down on health pots was enough. Separating them from other pots is welcome. 5 min cool down feels a bit much.

I think they are trying to inject all this ‘decision making’ during encounters. So I get some of the ‘direction’, but I think they are swinging the pendulum a bit to the extreme perhaps.

Only really a nerf to BGs and Mythic+ because you’re in and out of combat constantly.

You’re pressing need to be clever does you no favors … GCD changes are almost universally hated and AOE cap not far behind.

Agreed! Now if they’d add mana potions to this or even rejuv ones, I’d be happy. Healthstones might be asking for too much, but that would seal the deal.

There are times when you just need to use a healing pot to stay alive. Yes, the change somewhat sucks for M+, but you shouldn’t be balancing fights around people using potions to stay alive. They should remain a last resort option which this change is moving towards with a bit more leniency to those with really bad luck.

I think that all actions made because of M+ should only apply in M+.

1 Like

The thing is that the 20+ dungeons aren’t meant to be balanced or fair at all. They only balance them up to 15 and after that you’re really on your own. 1-15 you really only need to pop potions only if you’re being a dumb-dumb or the healers dead.

Fixed.

GCD has been in the game since vanilla.

My AoE has been capped the past 2 years. Never heard you complain about it.

Nice in theory … But Blizzard are incapable of this. There will always be abilities that hit some classes like trucks … And as you mentioned, this is inevitable in mythic+ … Again, this just does nothing to benefit players and hurts survivability

1 Like

I mean, whats the point? There’s maybe 3-4 encounters that last longer than 5 minutes. Another stupid change like when they increased the amount of Echoes you get 5x and increased the cost of everything 5x.
I guess it’s how they justify their jobs to the managers?

Yeah this is beyond me. Heath pots cost basically nothing, and we’ve been managing similar potion use since the beginning of WoW. I wish they’d field concerns like this to us before making changes instead of making the change and hoping its whats “best” for us.

Actually this is much better, though the CD is slightly too long. I think the 3 minute range would be better. However if someone jumps the gun on the pull you’re not locked out of your second pot in a fight.

1 Like