Healers not doing damage again

The game is worlds away from where it used to be, back in the past raids and dungeons had less mechanics but everything hurt so much more. It takes 2 or 3 mechanics to 1 shot someone now. Took a single missed interupt 10+ years ago. Better yet take your “dont dispell” nonsense to the pit of saron and see how long your AWESOME pro healer dps lasts when everyones dead from the OP dispellable trash dot

They moved all the difficulty to mythic plus, it’s not that it doesn’t exist anymore.

your level 10 op go away. who cares anyway no serious group is whining about healer dps only annoying people posting on the forums on level 10 alts.

11 Likes

Did they stop today? At what time?

this MDI base m+ system is wrecking the game. Stuff is being balanced around 100 or so players for “esports”. I want to have hard content, without the spent fuel dump that is the high m+ scene.

7 Likes

The problem was your dps players, not your healer! Stop beating healers on a regular basis! You have a sick fetish!

7 Likes

There are a lot of Dps that have heals, are they going to start getting the same treatment if they’re not healing to the best of their ability. After all, if healers have time to Dps, then Dps have the time to toss out any heals they have on the group.

10 Likes

Again with this non issue thing?

You’re DPS, YOU DPS. The healer HEALS. Sorry if your DPS is so bad that you need your healer to carry you.

14 Likes

There kind of is already. Just sort by m+ score :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Just so long as we can have a checkbox for DPS who are willing to interrupt, CC, not stand in bad, focus priority targets and let the tank pull.

If only there were a way to enforce that… I’m guessing no DPS would ever check that box since it isn’t just “123123123123123” while staring unblinkingly at the DPS meter that is probably blown up to take at least 80% of the screen.

8 Likes

People want healers to occasionally press an extra button or 2 between heals since we aren’t casting heals the entire fight (or shouldn’t unless the team is standing in bad lol)? The horror.

6 Likes

This should be completely at the will of the healer and no way a requirement.

10 Likes

No, it’s blizzard providing content for “casuals” now they too can feel good by doing mythic.

im as casual as they come. Im happy working my new job and playing the game for meh. That said when i do decide to do content i want it to be meaningful. And i certainly do not expect that to mean “play as a healer so you can do damage or be yelled at by some try hard who for some reason cant kill the stuff under their own might”

The problem isnt a healer problem. The problem is a blizzard problem, and to a lesser extent a dps player not dpsing enough problem. Untill blizzard revamps the in game userface to turn the healer role text to say “indicates you are willing to heal, and do damage for your allies” then everything they say is moot and isnt grounded in the reality of what wow USED to be, and how i’d like it to be again. Getting yelled at by some dude because he feels dispelling isnt a healer thing is just nuts. Some healer. Just a side effect of the modern MDI game

6 Likes

People care about success more than meters.

People love to pretend that healer dps means something when in most cases, it really doesn’t.

Content should be meaningful or you’re not doing it at a high enough difficulty in an infinitely scaling system.

3 Likes

^

6 Likes

No, overhealing was never a relevant metric… not by anyone good.

3 Likes

If you’re in a M+, it’s everyone’s job to do damage, and it’s everyone’s job to keep the group alive.

What’s great about M+ is that it’s so much more challenging at the individual level than raiding or normal dungeons.

To those saying: “The role is HEALER stop saying I should do anything else!”
Should DPS stop trying to mitigate damage? Should the tank stop trying to mitigate damage?
If Damage is entirely the responsibility of the DPS, then their health bars are entirely the responsibility of the healer, and they need to focus purely on doing damage, even if it means using that GCD for a damage ability instead of mitigation…

(Or if you’re a real stinker, standing in the incoming damage to keep that DPS up.)

5 Likes

I think healers should DPS but I do not expect a certain amount of damage however, if all they can do is a bit of damage - more then fine! Something is better then nothing.

2 Likes

The last time I played Retail was 9.0 and I don’t really enjoy healing, but I tried to maintain about 1k DPS while a resto sham. (It was pretty easy, even for a healing noob like myself.)

1 Like

Are people still trying to say the game was harder back in the day? Even after ragnaros was 1 shot by a raid where half of them were not even max level?
Really?

6 Likes