Healers not doing damage again

Can we get a way to separate healers that do damage from healers that don’t in the group finder?

Just have it where if the healer is willing to do damage they check a box when they sign up. This way if the healer doesn’t do damage and left the box unchecked, people can’t complain. Seems to be a fix for everyone can be happy

17 Likes

what if we invite actual damage dealers to do damage and only invite one healer for … healing ? a high ratio, like 3 to 1 should do the trick.

288 Likes

Yay, this conversation again :crazy_face:

It’s almost like people who play this game have different interests or desired playstyles for group content. If only there were a way to construct ones character in such a way.

23 Likes

Which is what I’m proposing

3 Likes

problem is the games development progress has lead to this, and now theres a bunch of people who suggest that if a healer isnt doing so many thousand dps at the same time, they are no good. Because obviously “healer” means “damage”.

I guess this is just the uneducated world we live in now. People dont even know what simple words mean, they create their own meanings and yell at anyone who doesnt agree. Imagine the fights that would break out if these people were handed dictionaries.

“that word doesnt mean that, it means what i say, im going to beat you down untill you agree with me!”

69 Likes

Totally mark the ones too lazy to contribute their kit when the other team members are expected to do so.
Put them in their own category–“I only heal, I will not dps, dispel, interrupt, cc or anything that is not classifed as a heal only spell.” on a flag or something so everyone else can avoid them. Easy.

20 Likes

Quit with this spam. Healers shouldn’t need to do their job and YOURS.

119 Likes

By further segmenting an already established role into players who play the way you want, and those who don’t. Kinda terrible.

6 Likes

Here we go again

4 Likes

back in my day we spotted a good healer by his low overhealing, not by his dps…

87 Likes

nice try. removing debuffs has always been a thing, well i suppose early on some healer specs didnt actually have a cleanse type ability but different ones had different debuffs covered.

What you are trying to suggest though is that “remove dot thats killing and crippling x player” is exactly the same as cast “lighting bolt cast lighting bolt cast lighting bolt”.

Its not even worth arguing if you see those as the same. Its just not. a brick has a better chance of understanding the difference.

15 Likes

No. Because this isn’t some widespread issue and y’all need to let it go. The drama is getting old.

58 Likes

If you think it’s hard to find a raid now…

5 Likes

They can group with dps who ONLY dps, don’t interrupt, cc, dispel, lust, etc and they should have plenty to heal. Same with tanks that only tank, no interrupts, cc etc. They would run screaming and crying to the forums. I’m all for it.

10 Likes

but they cant dispell anymore. DPS will have to pop consumes through debuffs.

No. “Only healing” means just that. If you dispel, that reduces healing needed (just as other abilities you may choose not to use) but it is NOT a heal. Adorable try, but I’m a heal main.

3 Likes

“My group isnt good enough to finish without a 4th dpser!”

Thats all i saw.

63 Likes

technically 5th because tank attacks targets also, sometimes with respectable aoe dps.

7 Likes

Ah, yes, my mistake!

4 Likes

I don’t see how giving players options hurts the game. If I want to invite a healer that helps with damage, I should be able to know that information

1 Like