Headcanon 2⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

That groups of AU draenei like the Rangari and the like, not only did not side with Yrel and her forces, but actively oppose them as much as the Mag’har do. They have even aided the escape of several orcs and even draenei from Yrel’s clutches. Because they were sort of outsiders in draenei society, they were better able to see the effect blind worship in the Light was doing to their people and knew they had to fight back.

(Zunde) #68

All Lightforge dranaei have glowing butts.

(Jakkø) #69

Adventurers require licenses to adventure. They’re basically privateers - baring letters of marque signed by the High King or Warchief, they have legal reign to go pretty much wherever they want, so long as they give their respective factions a cut of the spoils.

This is also why warlocks can have demons out in public and how death knights and demon hunters can just roam the streets freely without much harassment from the guards - being privateers, there is, legally speaking, jack all guards can do to arrest them unless they’re caught committing a crime.

(Spritzie) #70

Not mine, but in the old thread someone headcanoned that orcs are secretly horrified by dogs and I love that.

Human: “Behold! I have made a golden retriever!”
Orc: “You ruined a perfectly good wolf is what you did! Look at it. It’s got hip dysplasia.”

The Kul Tiran Tidemother is Azeroth. For some reason or another, perhaps intermingling with the Drust and therefore having more “titanic” blood, Kul Tiran can sometimes display an uncanny ability to hear the words and thoughts of the nascent titan.

Azeroth is now really miffed that Azshara has usurped her place as Tidemother.

(Gentarn) #72

Yeah, that was me I think.

I’m just imagining all the Orcs looking at Perky Pugs like “What is this rat-thing good for?” until somebody mentioned it was a dog, and that dogs were the domesticated descendants of wolves.

And there’s this pregnant pause as every Orc in the room turns to look at the speaker, squints and all of them loudly say “WAT?”

And there’s support groups as the Orcs try to help the Pugs get in touch with their ‘inner wolf’ and Shattered Hand agents are sent out to try and find the ones purposefully destroying wolves to make these ‘abominations’, all the while the Sin’dorei, Forsaken and Goblins are alternating between face-palming and desperately trying to not laugh.

And I’m laughing my head off as I imagine the day that a Pug manages to get a leg over a sleeping Worg and the pups come out, and the horrified, traumatized expressions on the surrounding Orcs’ faces as they realize they are going to have to rear and look after these things for the rest of their lives.

And thus the term ‘lap-dog’ became the worst thing you could ever say to an Orc.

That said, I wonder if, given that a Corgi is at least a ‘working’ dog, if they’d be more acceptable as a ‘baby’s first worg’ pet for a young Orc, or if there’s a cultural thing where Orcs and Pups are reared together to help form that life-long bond Raiders are known for with their mounts?

(Ellivara) #73

While this would be super cool, I’m not sure Worgs live long enough for that. But fantasy.

Otherwise, I recall in the Thrall book Wolves chose their own companion, as opposed to it being them being reared together. That was, however, the Frostwolf clan - we don’t actually know how the Warsong clan does it, or the other clans who use worgs, so it’s hard to say.