Headcanon 2⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

My headcanon is that it can be -done- if you have the reagents, but things aren’t always perfect - it’s expensive and risky. Magic is more consistent, but it takes a fair deal of power to resurrect someone - especially if they were dead a while, and it may not be a gentle process for the individual being brought back, depending on the magic used.

My Warlock was killed and forced to use a soulstone to resurrect herself. Imagine being trapped in your own body - you can’t feel anything. You can’t see anything. You can’t hear anything. You just exist… then your body starts burning as everything reactivates. It hurts - a lot. Then your vision comes back and you’re blinded by the world around you, your hearing comes back and you’re deafened. Your body is recovering slowly, but you’re so immensely weakened you could be killed again easily. You probably wont be able to stop it. You’re defenseless.

My Warlock still has scars from that. She’s terrified of dying because she knows where she’s going and she almost went there.

2 Likes

Good answers, thank you :3
Keep em’ comin’. And also continue with your own, obviously.

Horde Pandaren are either too scared to leave or being held against there will.

Or addicted to that sweet sweet cactusfruit brew

2 Likes

I had a funny thought today. What if the Xenedar had Star Trek style adventures during their long fight with the Legion? Thousands of years is bound to come up with a lot of crazy situations as our quirky band of heroes battle their nemesis. Plus I like the idea of a ship traveling the stars having WoW themed Star Trek episodes.

There was the time a warframe became sentient and caused a bit of havoc, only to turn out it was misunderstood and sought purpose after being delivered a fatal blow.

Then there was the time the Legion put a mind-controlling parasite in their water supply, and it was up to Fareeya, T’paartos, and an unnamed crewman to save the day.

And let’s never forget that time Archmage Y’mera accidentally put the crew into an infinite time loop where only Xe’ra could tell it was happening.

Probably didn’t happen. Probably messing up the lore and someone is going to correct me by saying “The Army of the Light never used the Xenedar until the events of Legion! OMG!” But it still brings a smile to my face to imagine.

4 Likes

There are a lot of lesser impacts from the exodus of the Quel’dorei from Kalimdor found in their and their descendants’ societies today, notably in ship design.

The outrigger designs we see in Silvermoon’s harbors are extremely stable and good for long distance oceangoing vessels for a variety of reasons; they’re resistant to capsizing, they have wide, flat decks, and they’re all constructed with watertight compartments. This last one is the most evident, as it’s not only ideal for general use, it’s absolutely crucial to keeping a hull afloat in the circumstance that it’s holed.

Culturally, the exile is reflected in their maritime tradition; it’s one of the few things that explains the Garrison shipyard crew effect for elf crews in general (reduced mission duration). This is not purely magic, merely excellent seamanship and navigational skills on display. The exile was that traumatic for a great many elves to the point where it became a meme of necessity, and subsequently institutionalized and a part of their culture.

I’m a chef irl, and one of my hobbies is studying historical recipes. So my big headcanons are all in that category.

Herbs: most of our alchemy herbs are edible, not just non-toxic, if used in the right way. The lower the level, the more likely they are to be “food safe”. Sungrass tastes like a cross of cinnamon and lemongrass; liferoot is ginger-ish, while earthroot is more like tumeric. Peacebloom leaves taste like dandelion greens.

At the moment I’m working on a book of Lordaeronian recipes, and I’m loving coming up with irl analogs for in-game ingredients, and vice versa.

5 Likes