"He has ascended higher than us all..."

Yeah, honestly, would have made more sense to just restore the old machine arbiter and not condemn Pelagos to an eternity of immobile servitude.

As for a new Jailer to watch over the Maw, if there needs to be one I kind of half expect Sylvanas to pull an Illidan and be that.

1 Like

I thought it was a great ending. But I liked Sylvanas burning down the tree so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

I can’t tell if you’re talking about Grom from WoD or not. Also there is the word ‘woke’ again. What? Was the Alien movies also woke to you?

2 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:face_vomiting:

1 Like

Lets be real: Pelagos being reincarnated into male that was once a female in life (trans as people will say) has nothing to do with the character in game. Its only brought up once when you speak to the character outside of questing and story. It isnt a forefront aspect of the character and people acting like it is need to get a clue.

The problem is: unless you have done the Kyrian story – this choice makes little sense. Which shouldnt be an issue since all players can play through each covenant story. Remember, Pelagos was in Ardenweald when the fae sacrificed herself to become the piece of the Night Fae to restore the Ascended.

I saw someone mention Kleia as an option: why? Kleia has less story importance than Pelagos, does less with the player character, and only serves as an extension of Pelagos’ goal to ascend and find his purpose in the Shadowlands.

5 Likes

so 1. you obviously didnt do the kyrian campaign. palo hated the system we have and wished he could change it
2. him being gay wasnt forced or shoved and was just there
3. youre a homophobe obviously as anything gay makes you angry.
4. lore and story wise palo was the best fit as he wants to change how the shadowlands works and usher a new era unlike you who is hard stuck in his medieval religious ways be a shame if i told your pastor you played WoW as a warlock.

3 Likes

Pelagos got a boost and we hard carried them. But due to personal loot, he got the upgrade.

4 Likes

The issue I take with most of it is that I did every campaign, and the Kyrian campaign never really made me think any more or less of Pelagos. He was there, and I acknowledge he existed, but aside from that he didn’t really do anything. I get the whole “He was an unbiased observer!” bit, but I just feel like the entirety of his character design was conveniences getting stacked on top of each other so that it would ‘make sense’.

Pelagos conveniently having no place despite being an aspirant of the Kyrian, conveniently being unbiased despite being based out of the Kyrian, conveniently only there to observe and not to act, is now conveniently taking the place of a literal automaton as a shepherd of souls into the afterlife.

I just feel like they could’ve set Pelagos up better for the role, or fit someone else to the role a little better.

1 Like

I agree with this notion. I think Pelagos probably should have done more (lets say around 9.1, but again we have a cut expansion to also remember. This feels like another Yrel).

To me, there really isnt another character that this would work for outside of Sylvanas or Bolvar – but do we really want just another Wrath redux ending with that? If we go by only Shadowlands character, there really isnt anyone else actively developed than Pelagos either.

1 Like

Did they ever even in-game confirm that the arbiter was killed and isn’t sleeping? If so bad look on the other eternals not noticing one of their brethren was dead for like 2 years.

1 Like

Yes. The Arbiter is killed and absorbed by the Jailer when he took Oribos’ sigil. This is stated word for word in the “What Lies Ahead” chapter for Chains of Domination lorebook.

1 Like

So why does the arbiter die when it looses it’s sigil but not the eternals?

1 Like

Because Zorvaal merged with the Arbiter, basically he took back his old power by taking the soul into his own.

1 Like

Ok, but why did the other sigils not contain the souls of the eternals? Couldn’t he just absorb all of them and become invincible?

Because Zorvaal was the Arbiter prior to being thrown into the Maw. I dont think stealing the soul of the Arbiter is necessary for gaining the sigil – but Zorvaal does it to regain his full power.

1 Like

tbh I think unironically sylvanas could be the arbiter. Who better to be a judge of souls than someone who has lived as both the purest hero and the most vile of villains. She has insight into both sides and can judge the best.

It would also get her character wrapped up and out of the story since her arc is pretty much complete after jailer dies.

So the souls are not actually part of the sigil then? He went out of his way to kill the new arbiter I suppose. I guess it was vulnerable and there but the eternals weren’t so why not? If it doesn’t happen in a cinematic or in quest text I don’t know about it TBH (especially with a lot of the lore youtubers just kind of not doing that right now). Do we know how they created the new
errr middle arbiter? Sounds like the don’t do the whole going to ZM thing because it is against the rules for them so it would be odd for it to be from there.

1 Like

Only to people such as yourself who get offended by it.

6 Likes

We dont. The second Arbiter is just a plot device, its just a story driver. We just assume it was a Attendent or automaton.

1 Like

Would have been nice to get told a bit about how the old arbiter came to be and why they were chosen to replace Zoval
see some parallels between them before being made arbiter and the new arbiter when that happens.

1 Like