"He has ascended higher than us all..."

I really meant my previous post. Yes. I’m trying to raise the awareness of the aforementioned and targeted audience.
They toy you all.

They make you (a customer, a consumer) have your ideological passions triggered by mere simbolycal events that will make them profit more. Even if that costs the quality of the lore, or features, or any logical sense.

6 Likes

You seem to be the only one triggered here…

6 Likes

Once you come into contact with people that have some understanding difficulties that for you are easy to grasp, yes, I may concede that you will get triggered.

2 Likes

You’re the only one triggered by him being trans.

4 Likes

They’re dead jim and the power source that fueled them is gone, there’s no waking up from that.

Again, the writers have been setting up Pelegos for this from the very beginning.

2 Likes

Disregarding the back-and-forth over politicized concepts that linger behind the topic, Pelagos as a character doesn’t really scream “made for this/earned this/is the best option for this role”.

Like a poster somewhere above said, making remarks about how weak/flawed you are doesn’t make you good. It’s something that can be good, if used as a catalyst for action or change for the better.

Draka, Kleia, Heirmir… I can think of several individuals who were around serving the betterment of the entire Shadowlands that would’ve been logical picks. They don’t need to sit and tell everyone about their flaws- they work through them to do what needs to be done.

The whole thing just looks arbitrary and contrived. Not speaking from a political standing either, just talking about the entirety of the Arbiter 2.0 bit.

11 Likes

But the Jailer worked just fine without it for how long?

1 Like

None of those npcs would be good arbitors. The Arbitor needs to be unbias, unruled by emotion. Something the three npcs you named are not.

Baroness of the Chosen, Hand of Devotion, and the most renowned Bonesmith of Maldraxxus? They all kinda…you know…already have their places in their respective afterlives. Pelegos’s whole story has been him trying to find his. Which is exactly what the Arbiter does for others. You can say it was rushed and could have been set up better, but it makes sense and was at least set up somewhat.

1 Like

Sure, and the prior Arbiter maintained the cycle of death and flow of souls.

Until… You know… It didn’t.

1 Like

That wasn’t the sole piece of the Jailers power. The Jailer still had his soul, plus the runes that the Primus put on him.

The same isn’t true for the old Arbiter.

1 Like

Not another one of these threads.

Representation is important and Blizzard is finally including some storylines here and there and I’m hopeful for the future in that regard.

That being said I know people dislike characters for various reasons, if your issue is the new inclusivity and new representation that Pelagos represents by being Trans you’re in the wrong both outside of WoW and inside of WoW because Blizzard is not going to take the side of bigotry.

4 Likes

I wish Pelagos had any character outside of being Trans…

1 Like

How do you know its the sole piece of the Arbiter’s power then? Maybe she’s still sleeping somewhere and as far as I know, the new Arbiter Pelagos doesn’t even have the orb either.

1 Like

His being trans literally never comes up as a plot point. You have to go out of your way to talk to him while he’s just hanging out in Elysian Hold to even know about it.

6 Likes

You also spent 3+ days in the LGBTQ+ thread saying offensive things about Trans and LGBTQ+ peoples

1 Like

My issue with Pelagos being the Arbiter is that it makes absolutely no f’ing sense.

6 Likes

As journeys go, Kleia had a better, more substantial arc than Pelagos. She got to come face to face with why the Kyrian system simply did not work, how they were just dropping souls into the Maw. She would have had first-hand reasons reason to want to be the Arbiter to change the status quo.

Pelagos, on the other hand, spent most of the game volunteering to be the teammate who stayed behind at base while I went and did stuff. He only started to earn the 9.2 conclusion at the beginning of 9.2.

3 Likes

You thought it was offensive, but you’re going off topic. Stay on topic please.

1 Like

well you went mask-off pretty quick jesus christ.

6 Likes