"He has ascended higher than us all..."

Bolvar dons the Vessel “There must always be an Arbiter.”

Leaves daughter a 2nd time. Is defeated and The Vessel gets torn out of his body 6 expansions later and disenchanted in front of him. This opens a portal to Dota 2.

1 Like

ah so that’s why pelagos is the new arbiter, he’ll for sure NEVER turn evil and if he ever does it won’t take more than some dredgers to beat him.

smart

2 Likes

I don’t see Pel ever turning to Evil. Too naive for that. And if he should, he’ll have Good Old Auntie Maw Walker Goodberry to set him on the right path again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What happens to Pelagos in Path of Ascension? Does he get new powers?

1 Like

However, I think you all are missing an important point. The new Arbiter had to be a disposable character, one whom nobody will miss.

1 Like

I think Pocopoc has more powers.

2 Likes

while I agree with you here, I hope next expansion separates itself from the shadowlands altogether like wholly, completely unlinks itself from it.

2 Likes

Well OP, you got attention. That’s the most important part.

1 Like

Agree 100%. Back to Azeroth!
But Goodberry found some friends in the Shadowlands and plans to keep visiting there now and then.
And I like the zones.

2 Likes

in wod, we had yrel, a toon we quested with during all the xpac, we saw going from a slave to a tyrannical zealot servant of the light and people said her character was lame, boring etc, etc, etc

NOW, they do the opposite with Pelagos, he pretty much just served as a soulbind and now he becomes the arbitrer and people say his character is lame, boring etc etc etc

i will never stop being amazed by humanity :slight_smile:

Basic campfire

:camping: :fire: :camping: :fire: :camping: :fire:

3 Likes

Mmmmm, idk. I didn’t read the quests or watch the cutscenes.

1 Like

Well… this almost makes sense. I legit google translated it, Pelagos means Open Sea.

The original Arbiter. If the great Primus can just summon sigils out of nowhere then he can probably fix the Arbiter.

2 Likes

Who is this guy? I dont even know what is going on. Just give me legendary belt lol

1 Like

God I wish the meteor would just hit already

I’m on neither side. You all sound like dumbarses

2 Likes

If it isnt obvious by now, Clark is a blizz loyalist and will defend any form of this trash. We all know why this bum Pelagos was picked. Pretending otherwise is trolling.

7 Likes

Rather than being an exalted position, the Arbiter is a mindless role where an endless stream of moral information is passed through an algorithm to place souls faster than normal speed of thought. It is not a job for a sentient being, someone with a will of their own. It is a horrifying fate for anything with a conscious mind, as it strips them of their personality and confines them to a singular endless task. This is likely why robots were used for the position and why the Jailer went mad. Pelagos is now trapped. He hasn’t “Ascended” to anything, he’s descended into his own personal hell.

Blizzard may have been trying to make a political message with their decision like the OP says, but Shadowlands culture has proven to be inhumane and twisted, so I don’t know why they would try to draw a hierarchical parallel to real world culture in order to “elevate” Pelagos in our eyes when he’s practically now a glorified lobotomized janitor.

4 Likes

Just imagine thinking you’re doing anything but telling on yourself.

1 Like

Just on basis this statement is actually false, seeing as we killed Zovaal who had the power of the Arbiter… I mean… 25 man squad of Maw walkers go brrrrrrr…

1 Like