HCT LXVI Less Stable Slots NOW!

Yeah, well, corporations do it when they feel there’s a buck to be made or something that needs to be said. My friends and I saw the commercials, didn’t see what the big deal was because we’ve been having talks about how masculinity has been marketed to us for a couple of years now.

But lo and behold, the resident incel wannabe at our bar is frothing at the mouth about it, and judging from socia media, so are a bunch of other dudes who are blissfully unaware that the last few months have been a challenge to what we’re seeing as toxic masculinity. Hell, the ad came out the day after the news about Jayme Closs came out, which is just one hell of a painful coincidence.

Being the Star Wars fanatic he is, maybe he should have remembered that fear leads to anger. If you’re mad, you’re scared, and it might be a good time to start thinking whatbit is you’re scared of.

Think about it this way, being a confident man is now considered a form of mental illness because of politics. Polls have shown that most women, even 3rd wave feminists, prefer a traditionally masculine man over what Gillette and others want. But we can’t have that. Say something about it, and people who look for reasons to be mad professionally will get mad. Gillette missed the boat, the backlash has long been happening over this. It also shows why I hate echo chambers.

@kabbie, Does he draw comics?

Define “confident man,” because I assure you that the men confident in their own masculinity aren’t the ones getting triggered by ads like this - it’s the tryhards who get all flustered by this stuff, and as a friend has suggested to me, the accountants and marketing people had to let this pass through. They did the math and figured that Gillette could eat the loss of revenue from incels, toxic men, and MRAs.

In adddition, what “makes a man” has been steadily changing over the decades, from cringing at crap in “Revege of the Nerds” from the 80s to realizing that Ross Geller was always sort of an enormous jerk to discovering that you and your GF both know that Hugh Jackman is an ideal man but expressing bewilderment at how when you trade magazines (since men’s magazines center on his bodybuilding and women’s magazines center on him talking about his relationship with his wife) you tend to find a few rock solid foundations of what makes a good man, and guess what, none of those were attacked in the ad.

And no, he doesn’t.

Life as a man is best summarized by the Two Rogers Rule: if Steve or Fred wouldn’t do it, neither should you.

What makes you think that they are the ones fed up with that stuff?

Traditional masculinity has been under the gun for a while now. If we talk about it, we get responses like being called incels, usually with no basis for it.

I had a coworker tell me to reload my own ammo, and it took every fiber of my being to not say Don’t worry, I always pick up Engineering.

It’s probably because a lot of people think that those attacking toxic masculinity are masculinity, which they aren’t - that’s why “toxic” is there as a modifier. It’s one sort, and stupid people have a hard time wrapping their heads around this.

On a lighter note, I need to find a picture of a happy MM in Ulduar (which took place in 2009, I believe) and a picture of a crying MM hunter in Uldir. Because it’s been ten years, I miss making things bleed to death with arrows, and there’s a meme.

{edit} I’m not good at these, but… it may be worth a laugh.

1 Like

I did normal Nighthold just for fun. Made it to the High Botanist before the mechanics killed me. Wasn’t too bad, I did 13kish unbuffed while not taking damage most of the time. I might try something else later.

Did MM in BOD because I’m still not confident enough playing SV to take it to progression. With the reset on Surging Shots was baseline and Aimed Shot went a bit faster. Really wish I hit harder, but maybe that’s just the gear.

I got the BiS boots, titanforged to max, with a socket, and leech. Literally the ultimate best-in-slot for several months at least. On the first day from a heroic bonus roll. Thanks World of RNGCraft.

Am I wrong for just hating Azerite Armor?

I sent out a tweet asking if all we are getting is new tames and looks for our gear again. Others should do the same since even the mods are ignoring the forum again.

I guess I should add that I finally got a ranged weapon to drop. The RNG on gear hates me.

Nice. I’m still trying to put in the work with MM. I may like playing SV, but the bow always calls me back.

Work is cutting hours, and rules (and possibly laws) are being broken. I cannot afford game time. I’m taking a break because of lack of $$.

Leveled a Mag’har orc to 110, making that Horde Allied Race #2 to be leveled naturally. Next up are the Highmountain Tauren, but the Zandalari are right around the corner: I think I’ll give the HM a shot as a druid and level my ZD troll as an paladin. God only knows I need to brush up my knowledge base on those characters.

I am working on a Dark Iron Hunter at the moment he is level 36 hoping I can make 110 like your Allied toon Kabbie. I haven’t done the leveling from that low in a long time.

I want BC, Wrath, and Cataclysm Servers to return, much like Classic Servers.

Also while leveling a 30 something Ally Paladin on warmode with the DM Fair buff, I’m getting a 1170 when mining/herbalism but only 351 per mob killed.

Dear Blizz, I need a ranged weapon to replace my welfare 385, not more Artifact Power. Nobody wants artifact power, anyway: why is this even a thing? I roll on one damned boss every week: for the love of God, can I please get that stupid bow to finally drop?

1 Like