HC official Solo Self Found

I would at least then come and ask for - nay demand - a true IronMan server, as Blizz will not give access to API because of gatekeeping :rofl:
And just for your information - I find HC addon players immensely MediumCore. Dungeons! Stats gear! Buffs! Talents! You softies!!!

You donā€™t see the difference between you being able to play SSF right now on any WoW server from Era to Retail to the PTR and having Official HC being only SSF with no way to opt out?

2 Likes

Have fun! :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

They donā€™t see they difference because they are entitled petulant 2 year olds.

2 Likes

This.

1 Like

The SSF crowd are the tourists

Hardcore in almost every game including old blizzard games has always just been death = permanent.

1 Like

I have been playing on Bloodsail since it opened in 2019. Still playing there. Donā€™t mind being on the server with people who donā€™t roleplay. Iā€™ve never demanded that everyone on the RP-PVE server Bloodsail Buccaneers must roleplay at all times or even at all. Respect for one another is all I ask.

So mocking me for not sharing space with others that do not play as I do doesnā€™t fly. It works fine.
Ugly, rude selfish players are unfortunately everywhere but they cannot stop me from embracing inclusiveness.

So come and play your way on official hc servers.
All are welcome.

3 Likes

I dont know how many ā€œusā€ there are, but you are the only singular entity in this post. And most of whining posts about SSF are flooded by disagrees. Your SSF folks are just minority. You can play as you did on BSB before with addon, nothing will change, actually you can even appeal your dc deaths unlike the official HC.
For no rule HC players, they enjoy playing with other no-rule HC players, which is impossible on normal server. The official server is what they have been demanding.
Personally, I play wow as mmorph, I want to play with others not a solo gameplay. Therefore, such mode like SSF never appeals me.

No. Because I can still do that and self impose the rules I want to try out on literally any other server.

1 Like

Very polite and not at all an ad hominem response.

I am glad that you appreciate me helping you with your analogy, the bones were all there just needed some reassembly.

1 Like

Without those people looking for a new kickā€¦ you donā€™t have HC servers at all nor does Classic get revived. Itā€™s also built with the game still being WOW. The rules are perfectly fine and there is no reason to change em, if yā€™all think you are special by doing SSF, do it with the addon or without.

Probably true, I just see them as the sweaty kids who ā€œthinkā€ theyā€™re really good

No, because I donā€™t care what the rulesets are.

Would I leave the official HC server, no matter the rulesets, for a fresh SOM server?

Absolutely.

1 Like

ThatĀ“s not true.

Those that did ask for Vanilla pre 2019, were the reason why Blizzard introduced these servers, the tourists and their ā€œnew kickā€ immediately moved to TBC when those realms opened up and now they are sittting at WOTLK, waiting for Cata.

Without the HC community joining BSB and HW, HC realms would never come, how can you even argue against that?

You may want to join the HC realm, because itĀ“s fresh, but you are for sure not the reason why these realms are coming, because you probably never even heard of HC before July 2023. :pensive:

So you are telling me that those guys who brought my realm from low to high within a few days, are the tourists? Those that were asking for Classic and HC for years, are nothing but tourists?

You can not be serious!

3 Likes

I am not sure why people donĀ“t understand him.

If the server is not SSF, people will group and trade. This means, there will be a huge impact on the entire experience he recieves by playing there.

There will be groups farming mobs, it will be much more difficult to get quests done, farm crafting materialsā€¦

Those groups can completely block the progress at STV, Winterspring or Felwood if they desire.

I am not sure if you played Vanilla reboot much, but ever heard of the Lotus Mafia? People did group up at each spawn point and let nobody touch these flowers. Since they were sitting there in groups, you had no shot to ever get one.

Some others were farming leather at STV, good luck doing big game hunter there or farming your mats.

This equally applies to caves and quest NPCĀ“s. When everyone is solo, you are on even ground, but if there is a group, you are 1v5 in each situation and therefore face a huge disadvantage. Those groups can pull random mobs and harass the solo guy, if the situation is reported its unlikely that the solo guy is listened to.

Just think about how you would react, if the HC realm would be PVP only. You could still stick to PVE, yet those others will have an impact on you and the same situation it is for the guy above with groups everywhere.

Those that want to group and trade have Era realms, itĀ“s really not that hard to understand where he is coming from.

2 Likes

Because itā€™s a different mode. Meaning the parameters arenā€™t the same. So while you can still socialize in guilds, chat, discord, you donā€™t group. Yeah, itā€™s not for everyone.
Unfortunately the addon allows grouping, and this creates some confusion since itā€™s also labeled SSF.
I enjoyed using it for the death alerts in guild chat, and the achievement challenges. But stuck to SSF ideal by never grouping.

But I can still play SSF or my ā€œNon-Solo-But-Self-Foundā€ as I like. The othersā€™ trading and selling does not impact this.
If SSF rules were imposed, I could not do my NSBSF (for lack of other descriptions - I earn every C myself, by looting, questing and so on, but I am allowed to buy and sell mats), or any other variation of the No Death challenge I would like to test out.

Erm this one I do not understand. If you farm mobs in groups, thereā€™s less competition for the same mobs, not more.

Lotus mafia will be a special case for the select few getting there. I would not worry overmuch.

actually no. Classes with no ranged has NO chance whatsoever getting a tag on a newstarted server with Hunters and other ranged nearby. Grouping up is an effective defence here.

PvP is a bad analogue. PvP enabled would kill me, thus of course ruining my every chance of ever doing anything.
And no, Era servers are not one life, so HC challengers wanting to trade or group up do not have the same experience there.

What you - and he - seems to not understand, is that many of the HC addon players felt the non-trade rules a chafing restriction, only dared not say so for fear of being ostracised.

And once again I am thankful for Blizz having made a server type where all different types of HC is possible, not only HC-addon mode.

4 Likes

This is bias and incorrect. I asked for vanilla WoW for years, was hit with the ā€œWall of Noā€ and played on Nostalrius and other p.servers at the time. When TBC was announced and launched, I was excited and went right along because it was just like playing the game originally again and advancing with all my friends.

I actually remember Gwen being a hard defender of the HC addon before official was announced, so thatā€™s moot.

This is the key. If a bunch of people flooded it then yes, the majority are ā€œtouristsā€. The HC community exploded rapidly as streamers and others started getting super vocal about on major platforms. This brought a bunch of ā€œtouristsā€ in to check it out.

Have you never heard of ā€œTourist Attractionsā€? Or think about why businesses and locations invest and build them? Catering to a small sect of people is not financially sound, it may be nice and a show of good faith/appreciation, but generally businesses want to bring in the most people possibleā€¦ a.k.a ā€œtouristsā€.

No, there wonā€™t. His personal leveling experience will be unchanged. Even the communal aspect people try to argue will alter remains unaffected. People will still die and be mourned with their fā€™s in chat, still lament lost characters or near death experiences, still talk about incredibly lucky world drops and being excited for them.

This is backwards logic. By people grouping up, mobs and quests will be shared and completed quicker allowing them to move on faster and unclog areas. Itā€™s already been proven with the lack of ā€œmob queuesā€ on the PTR. Same with crafting materials. If everyone was SSF, everyone would be using the same professions, or even releveling multiple professions since they have to be self-reliant fully, which means more competition over resources.

This would still happen on SSF, given the important of lotus. It would just be all members of one guild at 60 doing it.

Bad analogy as PvP intrinsically pits players against eachother in an effort and mindset to kill the other players. The whole purpose is to engage in player-hampering play.

It is though, because itā€™s entirely misguided and unfounded. Thereā€™s actual solutions in place and available that are looked at and said, ā€œNah, thatā€™s not good enough for meā€. We donā€™t understand why some of the SSF crowd canā€™t just be happy with yhe base of their gameplay being supported and then continue to self enforce. Itā€™s outright illogical.

2 Likes

Yes, thats how tourism works, a large surge of people comming in a very short timespan and then eventually all leaving just as fast as they came

2 Likes

I hope this mode gets the love and support the people that want to play it are asking for. Iā€™d definitely like to play this mode as well.

I have to disagree with you, here.

My husband and I (while playing our non-HC Druids, though even if we were HC, the outcome would still be the same) ran into a HC player, on the boats of the Bloodsail (funny enough) Pirates, trying to kill the Captains.

We couldnā€™t group with them to get it done faster. As 1 of us was gonna have to wait for the next respawn.

At least with outside world grouping, can clear certain quests faster rather than slower.

Since BB is populated, again, I havenā€™t found a Black Lotus, anymore. Seems the same, to me. As long as thereā€™s a population regardless if HC or not, is gonna cause farming competition.

I feel like the Solo HCers are doing this, too albeit unintentionally.

I had to log due to just too many people in the same quest area.

With grouping allowed, the crowds become less of an issue.

1 Like