Have you been forced from a shard while remaining active?

Doesn’t seem like it. Sharding seems to cause more problem than does good.

1 Like

Yup; it’s very unfortunate that it is no longer working as intended. :dracthyr_cry_animated:

I was in a full raid group earlier this week for the Community Cooking Event in Azure Span. When we got to Legendary Soup Quality the entire raid group was removed from the shard we were in and placed in a dead shard that only had Uncommon Soup Quality.

We ended up not getting the rare at the end because of this sharding issue.

4 Likes

I’ve found some similarities in other peoples stories from the moment they’re sharded. It seems to happen more often while engaged in an activity, rare fight, or boss fight when said activity/fight is on it’s last stage/percent.

This is what I’ve noticed through most of what people have reported here, it might not be coincidence but I wonder if engaging in encounters/activities within the zone in general are what’s causing certain individuals to be pushed to different shards. It’s unfortunate that it’s happening and I do hope something is being worked on to address the situation.

3 Likes

This is bad enough that I feel like someone spilled several gallons of coffee in the server room…

1 Like

If this travesty continues for much longer, it will render the game unplayable.

I’ve experienced this also. Initially, I was puzzled since I had no idea what was happening.

1 Like

More and more reasons not to log in…

Tab targetting seemingly getting even worse (their new-ish proximity target system is extremely annoying), most obvious when I tried to make another alt and cycling through 8 enemies all scattered dozens upon dozens of feet to the side of and way off in no-man’s land before targeting the singular mob six inches in front of her, camera angled directly towards/forward.

Sharding/phasing killing any and all enthusiam to participate in events, rares, etc. I don’t join groups for them in the LFG tool because it’s on a WHIM that I decide, typically because I’m in the same area by coincidence anyway, but knowing that even the group itself could be (and has) been booted from the appropriate phase just makes me feel even more annoyed.

Open-world scaling with your ilvl being too tight and making me feel ACTIVELY weaker than I did when I first hit 70 unless I play specific classes/specs and even then there’s arguments for relative perception.

I just don’t see how Blizzard benefits by letting these and far, FAR more issues just trudge along as if nothing is wrong.

Phasing/shards is just the more immediately noticeable problem because of expectations in a public group setting.

7 Likes

Had this happen earlier. Dreamseed dropped, and went to loot and the pod opened, did not get the stuff, but something ended up in the mail. One purple enchanting item.

The game must have been feeling sorry for me because the next two seeds gave me a mount, and the superbloom gave me the grotto chin spike manuscript.

2 Likes

Why cant we get of sharding? Is there a good reason why?

3 Likes

I’ve had it happen to me while planting seeds in Emerald Dream.

I’ll plant a seed, wait for the timer to count down, but I’m thrown off the shard before it counts all the way down, and then I’m unable to harvest the seed.

It doesn’t happen often, but I can remember 2 specific times it happened near the world boss there, so it might have something to do with that.

4 Likes

It’s not. What you’re seeing is a bias due to that being when it bothers people. I see myself bounce shards often when I’m in non-critical situations. I just don’t care because I’m sitting on my mount high up out of the way.

I’ve had it happen so many times I hesitate to contribute to outdoor events. Superblooms, planting/watering seeds, Iskaara feasts, Grand Hunts, Dreamsurge, Researchers Under Fire, fighting various named mobs across the isles, etc. are all activities that have been ruined by a sudden shift to another shard.

I hope delves are not vulnerable to this problem. Sharding problems in Dragonflight have left me wanting none of the work put into DF’s outdoor activities to carry forward into the future.

2 Likes

I just got sharded at a Suffusion Camp, on Moon Guard, no warmode. I heard Fyrakk’s yell indicating the boss was going to be landing in due time. Took me a bit longer than it should’ve to realize since I saw some people fighting the Azure Pathfinder (I think that’s the name of the rare) in the distance, so I checked the map to see if I had time to go tag, didn’t see Fyrakk. When the rare was dead I went back to wait for the boss, checked my map, then realized at the top of my screen was Fyrakk’s Fury only at 11%.

3 Likes

More ammo @Ravij
This was just in the top 10 in the Bug report forum, didn’t scroll much further.

1 Like

Perhaps a blue response will happen soon regarding this huge issue.

Yup. Twice now in the last 45 minutes trying to get dreansurge 100 crystals done. Final stage boss disappeared a couple times right before fight engaged. Several people around also gone lol. Not fun at all. They will continue to ignore the phasing crap, because it’s the usual working as intended rubbish they will spew :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Newest sharding for me was in AH . Was looking though gear looking for some thing and bam get sharded . Give up log off , sure is getting harder to log on

2 Likes

It just happened to me on the 3rd part of the grand hunt. I got the ordeer for the next part and then everything just went away.

2 Likes

Could you make your next post kind of more aggressively whiny and about “me, me, me?”

I really wanted to make a “name checks out” joke and you weren’t hissi enough.

3 Likes