Have you actually reported anyone?

I’ve reported people who were being very mean in random BGs. And I mean over the top raging. I know I’m guilty of complaining about some things…

I’m talking death threats, asking to harm themselves, and using slurs.

1 Like

also whenever i see a draenei female in a skimpy mog…REPORTED! :smile:

1 Like

I report likely botters.

If someone is being stupid in chat, I usually just /ignore them.

If someone is being aggressively stupid in chat and starts threatening other people and whatnot (which is pretty uncommon in /general, in my experience), I will suggest to Blizzard that the player be given a break from the game.

1 Like

I just reported you for abusing the report button.

1 Like

I have reported probably dozens of people. Racial slurs, homophobic slurs, rampant mysogonistic slurs, you name it they are getting reported immediately.

1 Like

I’ve only reported a few people who were being inappropriate and belligerent, not to mention hostile, in Newcomer Chat. And they were Guides. Disgruntled ones.

Sorry, but if you’re having a bad day you shouldn’t be trying to make sure everyone else is having one too. Even in an online space!

Reported for lying.

Usually only report people if they are being vulgar, or their names are such as well.
wiggles toes

I have sent ss proof of ppl abusing exploits and bugs in bgs before.

Why would I pay blizzard a monthly fee to police their game? Not my job I just want to play the game lol

Political crap, every time.
Telling someone to off themselves, reported with detailed information.

Thunderfury or the anal spell crap, not worth the time to report.

I reported a guy a couple weeks ago for a particularly vile pet name.

He logged out, then back in and his pet had been renamed to “raptor”. It felt great.

I don’t report that often but when I do it’s mostly inappropriate names. I just did it yesterday with an evoker who was named c*mbreath. Like did they actually think that was going to FLY.

1 Like

I don’t report people per se, i only really use the report spam function to give me a temp ignore on someone when they’re spamming their macro too often, or even if I’m in a raid and someone has their addon set to be way too chatty lol

Like, i really don’t need to know every little cooldown that every single person is using and when they are expiring!

Trade ‘suggested’ to be about trade is certainly something I never saw enforced at all going back to 2005. Is this some kind of new change? Trade was always the ‘general chat’ channel because people tended to be in cities and it broadcasted to multiple cities.

Blizzard could have remedied years ago by just having a global gen chat channel and having trade be specifically for that purpose.

I think at one time there may have been some kind of crack-down on trade because I remember my server attempting a created chat channel to get around it, but then ownership would get stolen and people silenced and it usually end up cancelled.

There are certain topics I wish were simply not allowed and got smashed with the hammer with merciless impunity. Politics is a big one. I don’t care about that. Here I’m a Dwarf. My politics are Dark Beer vs. Light Beer. Lager vs. Ale. :wink:

Point I am making is that we come here to escape the crap that is reality. Is it such a terrible thing to ask a reprieve from it while on our down-time? I don’t need to hear about either of them or other topics.

What I do want to discuss is World of Warcraft.

This game has changed so much! We used to roast each other in the server forums! Folks would get down right ruthless and now we are reporting players for talking politics and calling people names. Game is full of :snowflake:s

usually spamming the chat box or threats and crap

No, it is not new. The policy is “Trade is the suggested use for the channel, but it does not have to be about trade. Players can discuss other things.” So Blizzard does not enforce “Trade” as ONLY being about Trade.

It is, as you said, a global channel for everyone in cities to talk in. Blizz knows that and is fine with that.

Agreed though that it would have been nicer if they just created a World Chat channel and were done with it.

From one of the many topics on it. Blue post.

That was 2020 so obviously did not have the new Boosting restrictions on it. It should answer the question though about the policy.

Vrak also has another post in that thread quoting back to the older versions of the forums discussing the same policy.

Of course intentionally baiting, trolling, and trying to cause drama in those channels can get someone reported and actioned. Politics and religion tend to be hot topics best avoided.

1 Like

Actually, I reported someone yesterday over a racist comment. Some things yes, should be reported, but some small things such as talking politics in the trade chat, I have the trade and trade services disabled.