Have you actually reported anyone?

I reported 2 players today.

They were both spitting junk talk about Trump and Biden.

Politics have no place in Trade Chat.

What have you reported anyone for?

10 Likes

I’ve never reported anyone. Though I wish my little kid self had the sense to do so when someone decided to camp me. You’d think they’d have other things to spend their time on. This was back before war mode.

2 Likes

I’ve reported a few people over the years, but it wasn’t anyone who didn’t deserve it. I don’t report anyone lightly.

12 Likes

Advertisers and Druids running around the world that are behaving like bots, mostly. :dracthyr_yay_animated:

17 Likes

99% of my reports are for bots. Only time id report people other than that is usually if someone tells another to kill themselves. I love trash talk and you should be free to do so, theres a profanity filter for a reason. But that’s too far even for me.

8 Likes

Are you new the Trump stuff has been going on for like the past 8 years.

2 Likes

Naming a character Ysera on an RP realm. Because I’m petty like that.

6 Likes

Many times. Inappropriate names, inappropriate guild names, excessive vulgarities and general obscenities in public chats. The usual “I think I am far more clever than I actually am” types that run rampant in-game.

9 Likes

Names with certain body parts in them, mostly. Also, that one very unoriginal name for female frost mages.

Yeah. It’s kind of fun, to be honest. Never understood the mentality that trolls and people that spew garbage are allowed to have fun at others’ expense, but people aren’t allowed to have fun at the trolls expense by reporting them.

1 Like

I’ve gotten quite a few people banned for botting and muted for chat offenses.
It’s pretty satisfying when you get the in-game mail from blizzard.

Honestly I only report chat stuff when people flat out flame and harass. Most stuff I ignore, but when you start calling people n-words
 the lovely 3 letter f-word
 pretty hard to ignore when someone wants to be that childish.

Mostly botting though. It’s hard to farm when they steal all the nodes.
OW2 is mostly where chat offenses occur. Doesn’t happen that much in wow.

1 Like

Very, very rarely.

Once for a name, a black human male with the name monkey followed by an abbreviated version of the N word. I’m a POC and it was real “cool” seeing that he almost made it to level 70 with that name.

That’s the only one I can think of.

4 Likes

I have been around for years and yes I have seen it before. Mostly I was just turning Trade off when that stuff was going on.

Hey man, maybe they were just British! :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol maybe. To be fair, my generation said it a lot, but the context was COMPLETELY different. Now people use it to be offensive, not to call someone a jerk like the late 90’s early 20’s

I only report people for language if they annoy me. Otherwise I report for racism and homophobia and that’s about it.

2 Likes

There’s something wrong with folks.

2 Likes

I only report scammers asking for your information. I actually believe in free speech and anti-censorship even if you and blizzard don’t. Having a healthy communicating community is a lot better than a dead silent one trust me.

2 Likes

I always report people for spamming that ‘an__’ crap in trade chat. They did that on my server once for 2 hours straight and quiet for months after because I think so many got silenced.

I have many times. Over the top profanity/slurs. Intentionally trolling chat with “buzz word hot topic of the day in politics or social stuffs”.

Today? Hmmmm The most common one. Sexual innuendo in game. Guild name and guild description. Also advertising a twitch stream in chat.

An occasional off color thing I tend to ignore. Trade is suggested to be about trade, but does not have to be. We can talk about cookie recipes if we want.

I tend to report though when people get really over the lines.

1 Like