Have you actually reported anyone?

I report people with vulgar names. Sorry not sorry.

I report slur usage in channels like trade if I happen to pop into trade for any reason and see someone acting like an idiot. Usually I just have it muted. Otherwise, vulgar names.

1 Like

It’s a good way to ignore someone after your ignore list is full.

2 Likes

Mostly people for spamming, botting and a few years ago, spamming lag macros in PVP.

I’ve reported “SPAM” and racial slurs in game before. Don’t know if action was ever taken.

1 Like

I had one of those show up yesterday!

Pretty sure I know what it was about.

Spam.

Yeah I’ve reported people in game and on the forums.

I have Trade Chat turned off so if someone decides they want to spew their vulgar TC conversation into General I will immediately report them. Not because I’m offended, because I’m annoyed.

In game and on the forums, if I see someone with an offensive name and/or a sentence for a name (example: Ihatehealing) I’ll report it. Again, not because I’m offended, I do it to be annoying.

On the forums I’ll report someone that decides to get personal in a debate and not just with me, with anyone. There’s no problem disagreeing with someone but calling them “stupid” or whatever is uncalled for.

I rarely report.

Generally I only report if someone is racist, writing anything sexual about kids or, they’re always rude and say weird crap they shouldn’t - especially if they’re spamming me in wisps.

Sometimes I put someone on ignore temporarily - we all have bad moments or a season. I also move trade chat to its own window sometimes if trade is obnoxious so I don’t look or temporarily leave it. This is rare too.

Obvious botting bans are handed out pretty quick.
Same with aggressive and blatant chat violations.

I hardly ever report. The problem with reporting is that everyone’s “red lines” are in different places. Some people are petty and others rarely let anything get under their skin. When you have a culture of reporting the petty folk get too much oxygen and use it excessively
 for the good of the people you understand.

It is hazardous to a culture long term to normalise reporting on your fellows
 the weakest-minded folk suddenly find they have power over others 
 it doesn’t end well.

If I don’t like what someone says I put them on ignore and go about my day.

Politics, name, cheating, gameplay sab, advertising, language, insults, and all kinds of stuff.

1 Like

I usually report the Trumpy right wingers posting hate stuff in trade chat.

Haven’t seen them in a while though.

Guess my reporting worked.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I spend so little time in trade chat and barely ever read what’s going on then again I’m also on a fairly low pop server. However if I see someone anywhere(even guild) using racist comments then I will report them right away.

1 Like

They probably don’t support Trump, it’s just the latest way to troll.

It’s just like the fake Bible thumpers in chat.

Even if the rest of the group wanted to talk about that subject? That’s very totalitarian of you, just saying.

I reported a few people. I don’t like to report often. I’ve reported someone for alt-hopping and whispering to harass me, I’ve reported people with names that are racist stereotypes
 I usually don’t report people I just disagree with. It has to be pretty bad for me to pause and do it.

1 Like

I report people for names that violate RP server name rules all the time.

2 Likes

Yes, but for legitimate reasons.

Been playing 18 years and never have and highly likely never will. Haven’t ever even blocked anyone.

Only if somebody attacks me which is very rare, but has happened. I usually know how to diffuse a situation if somebody needs to force an opinion. So, that’s harmless.