Have you actually reported anyone?

Nope. I’m not the thought police and don’t care what is being said in global chat. I only converse in Discord. Never in game.

That can be minor and ignored sometimes. Other times the “politics” is fairly extreme views held by certain leaders or groups, often about marginalized sub groups. Done normally to cause disruption of chat. Flame bait, trolling, etc.

Other times it can be blatant campaign advertising, “Stumping”, etc. Blizz does not allow their platforms to be used to promote or advertise for anything else. Streamers, politicians, or even ice cream brands.

If all people were doing was discussing tax policy nobody would bat an eyelash at it.

1 Like

I’ve reported extremely vile racism and sexism and homophobia. It’s all vile, but when someone is just so gross that I figure anybody new might just leave in anger or despair? I report the jerk spouting off.

I remember how it felt to be new, way back in BC. I remember crying on my keyboard at some of the comments. If I hadn’t been with friends and not too young even then, I might have quit. Eventually I decided that worthless adolescent-minded guys weren’t worth crying over.

And you know what IS sad? I came to WoW thinking the best of the guys who played it. Men in my family are really good dudes, and so are my guy friends and the guys I went to school with that I knew, so I wasn’t expecting men and boys in this game to be awful. WoW really changed my mind about men. I no longer think most of them are decent people. Remove immediate consequences as a deterrent and over half of them are mean little creeps. And that’s too bad because I trusted y’all and thought nastiness was the exception, not the rule. So much for idealism and thinking the best, huh?

To quote Dylan:

Half-wracked prejudice leaped forth
“Rip down all hate,” I screamed
Lies that life is black and white
Spoke from my skull, I dreamed
Romantic facts of musketeers
Foundationed deep, somehow

Ah, but I was so much older then
I’m younger than that now

2 Likes

I’ve reported two players in my entire time playing since TBC, one for endlessly spamming me, dude must have made SEVERAL alts because he filled up my ignore list and kept showing up lmao. Absolute chad level dedication but it was annoying as hell.

Second was a guy on my server in OG Wrath, posting paragraphs in order, from Mein Kampf in trade.

1 Like

Doing something annoying in chat.

I use Report instead of Ignore, because it puts them on an automatic 24 ignore. 99.999% of the time I never hear from them again. After 18 years in WoW, I have a single player on ignore.

I reported players for talking shih to me and verbally abuse. These players are ironically always druids. I feel like most druid players in PvP are hella toxic as players.

Well, I mean, if I said it here I could be reported, but yeah, I reported some one yesterday for saying something, let’s just say, unambiguously racist on the zep tower by the Org docks. It was a real, ‘Really, you’re just gonna say that out loud? Ok, time to report you’ moment.

1 Like

“They beat me in the game, mommy please ban them!”

1 Like

Exactly who i report

I report for names. People shouldn’t have certain sites, or use alt codes to get around saying slurs/disparaging words for their character’s name.

Other than that I don’t care if idiots argue in chat or cuss.

Also report bots.

1 Like

Same. Everything else is usually whatever. If I don’t like what people are saying in trade, I could just not read trade.

I’ll also report people for racist stuff on TRP3 nameplates. Some people make dark skinned characters and literally name them as inappropriately as you can imagine. It’s pretty crappy so I give them a report too. Those people deserve vacations from wow for a little while.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve seen a few of those rolling around way more in SL than I can ever remember before. Not funny.

Man, people like you are why Barren’s chat isn’t fun anymore.

I have never reported anyone in-game. I think it’s weaksauce.

I kinda wanna report you for this post shrug. easier to put them on ignore and move on.

1 Like

I don’t usually report anyone unless they’re spitting curse words that are clearly meant to offend others ie: i wouldn’t report someone for saying a cruder version of “lets kick some butt!” but would if someone was saying “frick you you farting fruit your dps is bad!” No idea how often they get punished for it though.

Not reported anyone as far as I can remember, I just keep the typical general / trade junk away by simply shutting those channels off. It makes for a much more peaceful gaming experience haha

That’s the irony. The only people I want to censor are the people who believe in censorship. But then that creates a censorship positive feedback loop. But I think anyone who willingly silences others deserves to feel what it’s like to be on the other end. People only like censorship when it’s their own people in power.

Bots mostly. A few names that crossed the line from funny into what were they thinking!

See, I don’t report those either. Because why should I do Blizzard’s job or even help them do their job? They don’t pay me. In fact, I pay them. If they want to get rid of bots they can rehire all the GMs they no longer have.

Constantly.

When needed.

lmao.