Have the dev's mentioned

Something new in vanilla was thrust upon us. The vast majority never cleared everything in vanilla. We thought it would be fun and exciting and it was to do BC. However, I prefer vanilla over all of them. It’s really annoying how people assume that everyone is going to stop playing the game when they clear naxx just because that particular person will. IMO, People don’t put that much time and effort into a character only to abandon it. It’s an MMO. It isn’t beatable.

1 Like

Oh ok, yah i agree with that.

OT–you doing ok lately? Did you get into Beta, can’t remember if I saw you say you did or not.

Ok. I’m not responding to you anymore. I disagree with you. We are just arguing opinions. You disagree. I disagree. Leave it there.

2 Likes

Everyone? no, a good portion? meh, hard to say, enough to notice? Maybe.

Well copying it to BC after you have done all the Classic content is not abandoning the toon though, and those that want that option deserve it as much as the all of us who wanted at least Vanilla Classic servers.

Nothing stopped you post bc launch to finishing vanilla content good luck finding a group no one cares to finish NAX because bc was around the corner and your gear was going to be replaced with greens. If the game had never had any expansions it would have died in 2007 when everyone finished NAX.

good wish there was an ignore feature honestly save a lot of time with trolls.

That’s just it though. What if people get to Vanilla late and are still trying to level and do end game content? Then suddenly half the population moves to BC? What if you don’t have any intention on playing BC at all? What if you just want vanilla? The devs already said at this time there are no plans for BC or WotLK.

Yes, I am a troll because you say I am. I guess I can call you a troll too.

Bye.

2 Likes

Whatever makes you feel better while your away maybe you can go by your self some common sense and quit trying to force your ideals on people.

How did I force ideals on you? I clearly stated it was an opinion and we can disagree. See now who is trolling? You can’t let it go. I bet you can’t live with yourself if you don’t get the last word.

2 Likes

I’m sorry I thought you were done? Your trying to force your ideals on everyone with your my way or I’m going to cry bs you been posting on this thread over and over.

I’m not crying. I replied to you because you are acting like I am here forcing stuff on you. I don’t understand why you could think that. I very clearly stated that I was just stating MY opinion. I don’t think you are going to cry. I have no idea why you are thinking those things.

Please explain to me how saying THIS IS MY OPINION. WE CAN DISAGREE. is forcing anything on you?

If i recall though, blizz said there wasn’t much of a chance for legacy servers, yet here we are.

I’m okay with them adding content, but I feel like it HAS to be in the same design as vanilla.

1 Like

They are at the wait and see , and no current plans is more what they said.

All those what ifs, are you just you only worrying about people who want Vanilla only forever, if the demand is there in a couple of years, Blizzard is not going to turn their head on it again, anything to keep more subs going as long as they can.

Course there is the other what if, what if most of the population does leave after 2-3 years because they do not want keep redoing stuff? Everyone wants different things from the game, and they most definitely do not line up with everyone.

I do want to add though, I am just trying to have a discussion with you, i am cool we do not agree, and I do understand your concerns about Classics population and what that will mean for your experience and I respect that.

Ion said no.

So far that to me means it’s not going to be for a looooooong time if it is.

I know I want vanilla only. I know that not everyone does.

The implications I am talking about also apply to any BC servers should they be a thing. The communities could be smaller because people are still trying to play classic coupled with people who only want to play classic. TBH, I think adding BC/WotLK will destroy the vanilla servers and I really don’t want that to happen. I do believe the majority will move over to BC. This is why I don’t think they would add “BC servers” as much as they would just progress vanilla to BC. My question is then… why would they stop there? How would it not make it to retail all over again? There are people who like what retail is. There are people who would ask for Cata/Panda/Wod/Legion if only to ruin it for us classic players. Blizzard has a tendency to listen to the vocal minority and then push that further than even what they wanted.

Ion never said no to anything other than no changes to existing vanilla content when asked about other expansion he said and I quote “we will evaluate where we are after all the content to vanilla has been released” where is that a no at I’m just assuming at this point you don’t understand what any of that means nowhere does that say NO.

No to adding content to Classic though, the other devs were asked about BC and Wrath servers as well and that is where they said basically “We’ll see”

So those people who want that should just go pound sand? Sounds a lot like what some GDers did for years when people would ask for Vanilla.

I answered that above, but I will repeat, because you can largely still play most of the Cata and on content now, that is not as true before that.

thats just paranoia.

When? everyone claims the position they are part of is the ‘majority’ and the opposition is the 'minority".

Wow you love just tearing people apart don’t you. Why are you so angry? I’m looking at videos since you didn’t provide any kind of link. I have always changed my stance if you can PROVIDE PROOF that I am wrong. Not just speculation but proof. I am trying to be civil. You seem to be more than happy to cause problems and arguments.

You really think that’s just paranoia? People have been trying to change classic on this forum since it launched.

I think the sub numbers prove the minority wants those things. That’s why I quit retail. It just isn’t fun. They hand you things on a platter. There is no community interaction. It started with flying in BC.

think adding BC/WotLK will destroy the vanilla servers and I really don’t want that to happen. I do believe the majority will move over to BC. This is why I don’t think they would add “BC servers” as much as they would just progress vanilla to BC

So those people who want that should just go pound sand? Sounds a lot like what some GDers did for years when people would ask for Vanilla.

So the people who want classic and only classic should pound sand? We should lose what we want?

I didn’t do that quote right but I think you know what I mean.

yes I do, you act as if that is anything other than some people just trying to be a rise out of someone.

Lol how? YOu cannot prove why people left, you cannot use sub numbers as 100% proof of “See they added x and that is why people left”. Way too many factors as to why people leave a game, and why people were not replacing those leaving like they used to.

? One of the most requested things they had, we can sure take this into the old anti flight/pro flight back and forth, but that has all been covered ad nauseum.

Yah sometimes the quoting system is wonky.

So because you don’t get what you want everyone else is out of luck? And you lose nothing, the servers aren’t being closed, you just think that people should not have a choice , so if they leave because they feel they are done with the content that they wanted and they would have stayed if they could have moved on to BC, you are only worried about how it effects you and not how it would effect them?

That is just as selfish as those who never wanted us to have Classic at all for the exact same reasons you have given “it will split the playerbase”