Hate blood elves want high elves?

So you’re saying… that in a world where we’ve seen elves actually changing biologically… that saying that void infused elves have changed biologically it’s debetable…

Please, let that sink in.

2 Likes

There was a big debate about this and the jury is out. A major assumption was that they weren’t just being void charged, like Alleria was, but transformed presumably into ethereals. They were stopped mid transformation and have characteristics of both species.

1 Like

Growing tentacles out of your hair is probably considered more of a biological change than having your eyes change green.
High elves are already playable, and they’re on the Horde you goonies.

3 Likes

That and void exposure is rather mutable, like turning rocks into people or night elves into naga.

3 Likes

Exactly, it’s easy to determine when people are referring to high elves as the race/archetype and high elves as the political group. People just want to muddy the waters by trying to divorce the blood elves from their race and their history.

6 Likes

So that they can put a claim on it, even though Blood Elves are really the continuity of that story and there is no longer a formal group called High Elves.

1 Like

They are infused with Void Energy.

We have no idea what that means or how to equate it to real world biology or exactly how it changed them.

Or rather or not it means they no longer count as High Elves or as a subspecies.

This is a very good analogy.

Not referring to Blood Elves as High Elves does not divorce the Blood Elves from their history. The name Blood Elf is specifically tied to their recent history anyway.

Another group having the old name doesn’t meant the other group is invalidated.

Everyone knows what referring to a High Elf or Blood Elf means and the associated histories with both groups shared or otherwise.

The fact that it could mean otherwise is just a foreign concept introduced into the discussion for arguments sake.

The game, literally, shows it.
Like…dude…
Did you just…never unlock them?

2 Likes

So, how do you refer to the fantasy high elf archetype without using the words “high elf” Like from the phrase “Blood elves are WoW’s twist on the idea of high elves”?

Or say when someone once again tries to pretend that the group calling itself high elves are the whole of the high elves from WC2, why not just say “For the most part the high elves are now Blood elves”?

Or when people go into convoluted explanations about how totally different biologically the two groups are, or how a political struggle isn’t just two internal factions vying for powers but a great split that sundered the two in more than political ways, why shouldn’t the simple to the point “Blood Elves are high elves” be enough, why do we have to work around the awkward phrasing you’re trying to pass off instead of just being direct. Since “Well, Blood elves are Thalassian elves, which is what high elves are as well” just flows sooooo well.

Except that there’s precedent in the lore of elves changing after being exposed to far less volatile magic than the entropic Void… why are you overlooking this?

Oh wait, I know why.

1 Like

That’s referring to outside media and not referring to the WoW group called High Elves.

The statement rings true because it is referring to the past group that once identified them all having a majority become Blood Elves.

You correct them in that there are not many biological differences other then a higher potential percentage of Human DNA and whatever you consider Fel Taint.

It is. But it’s a simple reference to them being similar but also an incomplete thought. It doesn’t work in reverse for example because they aren’t interchangeable.

A better wording is “Blood Elves are also a type of High Elf.” or “They both come from Quel’Thalas.” Or you can ad “Former” High Elves when just referencing the name.

Because it’s a clearer and more concise meaning.

You would not make a convoluted sentence like that. You would sat “Both are Thalassian Elves.” or “They are also Thalassian elves.”

But you can’t say for example, “High Elves are already playable” since High Elves means, well, High Elves. Or “You don’t get Blood Elves” because Blood Elves does not refer to the High Elves.

Thalassian elves is a catch All. High Elves refers to High Elves. Blood Elves refers to Blood Elves. And Void Elves refers to Void Elves.

It does not subtract from any group t refer to them as the proper terminology.

I disagree.
They are playable on the horde, they’re just called Blood Elves. But they’re the exact same elves in the first place so that’s just quibbling over semantics when the race IS playable already.

6 Likes

… and “High Elves” is not an actual current group. There are high elves who are part of the Silver Covenant or who are part of Stormwind. The nation of High Elves renamed itself to Blood Elves. What people are asking for isn’t High Elves, they are asking for high elves, or more specifically Alliance high elves.

4 Likes

No, Thalassians have been a thing for ~7,000 years.

3 Likes

That would be head canon

Like getting paint on your skin that won’t rub off easily. Anything more is head canon.

Ye they can.

If you agree blood elves are the same as high elves with only a semantic difference, then they are playable on the Horde.
Otherwise, you are trying to enforce semantics, while simultaneously, decrying it in other aspect. The logic makes no sense.

Now i know you’re ignoring me because the truth hurts but, hey, the truth be the truth.

5 Likes

I do wish this Fel tainted myth would go away.

2 Likes

Except no one is talking about Blood Elves when asking for High Elves (Except for trolls and salty people).

It specifically refers to the group called High Elves.

They are all different versions of the same thing and people want to play this one because it doesn’t exist elsewhere.

It literally refers to something else.

My mistake.

:arrow_down:

There is by no stretch of the imagination it is anything close to that weak. It’s literally generational and most magics can’t cleanse it.

Someone should tell the Orcs to take a bath. :roll_eyes:

Or I have other things to do besides argue on the forums about elves.

No one really owes anyone here 100% focus.

7 Likes

Yeah, they are asking for High Elves the ones that didn’t change their name to Blood Elves and get involved with Fel as you just mentioned.

2 Likes

I don’t think you know what head canon means if you believe the OP is head canon bud.

It is certainly a stretch and headcanon.

You have absolutely no information to indicate this dude. Seriously, provide a citation for it. Otherwise, head canon.I know you won’t provide a citation, you guys never do.
Nor do you have any information to indicate no other magic can over ride the paint color.

Which you are literally doing…in a high elf topic.

If only the high elf community thought the same of themselves.

You literally said half elves are headcanon while having a thread suggesting half elves.

You can’t make this crap up.

Then prove it?

Being tainted by fel is a major thing and it extremely dangerous and no where comparable to…

Getting paint on you? lol

Blizzard literally said that it would take generations for Orcs to lose their Fel Taint. It’s the established lore.

When your kids are born with it it’s definitely a lot more than a paint stain.

You literally can’t make this stuff up.

Either you want me to respond or you don’t.

Pick one.

2 Likes